Cheapo Decks

turtlebite

The Arthurian Tarot for $1.50 at a library book sale. I gave it away a few years later.

Joan

Breugel Deck

Some years ago I bought the Breugel at a Llewellyn sale for $5.00. It is much more now and it is a deck I treasure.

gregory

Psychic Friends Tarot for a quid. A very small majors only TdM-ish one in a tiny black bag..

Morwenna

My best deal was probably the Knapp-Hall, sold by a book & music dealer who used to frequent the science fiction conventions in our part of the country. They used to have a physical store as well. (Now they sell music only at cons, out of their home, except for a few leftover things from the old store.) Anyway, one time I saw this one deck sitting on the book rack, one of two copies I think, all by themselves, plainest box in the world, published by the Philosophical Research Society, and the copyright inside says 1981. It had been opened already so I could look at it, and I fell in love. I think I bought it around 1990 for about half what most decks went for then.

Keirquen

I've gotten a few good bargains...an original Alchemical off a New Age store's clearance table for $20... But the bargains that I love the most would definitely be the Zerner-Farber Tarot and the Voyager Tarot. Picked up both off Ebay on a whim because they were so cheap (ZF $3 and Voyager $5) and use them all the time, love them to bits.

collielin

I haven't had such good fortune as everyone else. My biggest bargain (if you can call it that) was the Baseball Tarot for $1. In my opinion it wasn't even worth that, but I bought it and gifted it to my son-in-law because he's a baseball fanatic. It still sits on his bookshelf - I'm just glad it's not sitting on mine.

morticia monroe

I found the same PRS Knapp Hall as Morwenna did. I got it at Goodwill for about 8 bucks. But, it wasn't my thing, so I trded it to Aulruna. I also found a large Thoth greenie for about $3. So far I still have it.

breathlessmahoney

Found the 1st ed Healing Earth Tarot for $6 at a Half Price Books.