Tarot of Reflections... a great deck

olarte

Wow, I stumbled on the Tarot of Reflections on another thread about sun cards, and on a whim I picked it up at Amazon.

I got it today and I think it's a great deck. The whole reflection thing really works... Starting with a quote from the box "As a stone thrown into a pools creates waves, we also cast reflections that break up and return to us"

Each card has some sort of reflection if there is a person depicted on it... (the aces don't have reflections).

What's cool is that the style of the reflection is different from card to card, and it adds an added level of "introspection" to the meaning of each card. You cannot help but to contemplate on how the "shadow" or reflection relates to the figure on the card, or to the querent etc...

Aside from this the artwork is marvelous,and the LoScarabeo multi-lingual borders are not too distracting.

Would love to see others chime in if they already have this deck.

Tibor

Yes. This is a true Lo Scarabeo gem. One of my first decks. I trimmed mine and it looks great. Has a modern feel to it and it has some of my favourite versions of the minor arcana cards.

gregory

It's quite extraordinary, isn't it. You do a reading and even while you are sitting there typing it up, you start to see added reflections and new takes and you have to start over. The Metamorphosis has a similar feel to it, by the way.

Le Fanu

Love this deck.

Damn, another one I must dig out and use and which shamefully languishes on my tarot shelves.

Love the feint whiff of goth, the high boots and military overcoats, the scratched surface of the cards, and the fact that although it is a tarot "of Reflections" they don't dominate. It's a deck where so often the reflection is vaguely in the background, quite subtle and understated.

:thumbsup:

jema

yeah when i use that site with all the decks and cards, this is the deck i most often stop at - wondering why i haven't bought it yet :p

oh well, no new decks for me for several months now (need to save up to castrate my kitty)

Briar Rose

I love this deck. It is so insightful.