deck(s) with best or worst cardstock?

daphne

Please don't laugh. I don't know how to call the cardstock of the CBD. Is that linen? It's printed in Belgium, is its cardstock this one which is known as 'great Belgium cardstock'? I think I mentioned it already - but for me that is one of the best cardstocks.

You make me curious about this cardstock, almost that I want to buy the CBD deck to see it. :)

FaintlyMacabre

Now to the BEST cardstock for shuffling : Victorian Romantic (LOVE the BABA decks :) ) and The Dreaming Way (it glides like a magician's deck !)

I suppose all The Dreaming Way are the same? The one I just got is printed in China and I am having to split the deck because it is so stiff right now. I expect it will improve (hope!). There is a VR here (whatever is the cheap one) but I didn't try shuffling it. I don't remember any problems.

gregory

The best card stock on the market is printerstudio's linen finish. Beautiful stuff.

ana luisa

I suppose all The Dreaming Way are the same? The one I just got is printed in China and I am having to split the deck because it is so stiff right now. I expect it will improve (hope!). There is a VR here (whatever is the cheap one) but I didn't try shuffling it. I don't remember any problems.

I had to go check my Dreaming Way. Yes, it is made in China (2012). I don't know whther they have changed their material but I can't imagine you having ANY problems using it. As I said before, it is truly a DREAM to shuffle...

ana luisa

The best card stock on the market is printerstudio's linen finish. Beautiful stuff.

Agreed. VERY good quality and their price is very reasonable too :)

Nemia

I had to go check my Dreaming Way. Yes, it is made in China (2012). I don't know whther they have changed their material but I can't imagine you having ANY problems using it. As I said before, it is truly a DREAM to shuffle...

My Dreaming Way is made in China, too, and the cardstock is simply beautiful. (I have to admit though that I'm not picky about cardstock...)

FaintlyMacabre

I forget who else had one like mine that did not want to fit into the box either. That was certainly a new experience. As soon as I open it, I can compare it to the new/old Morgan Greer that was printed in Belgium. Perhaps the China ones vary or the earlier ones were better. Hopefully it will break in. It looks fine - I just had to split the deck to shuffle it.

Ok, I think maybe it was Gregory who complained about the Old English (Belgium) and I never used it much. It is slippery but way more flexible and I had no issues with riffling and bridging the whole deck without using the table. I assume the slipperiness would improve if I used it. (Hadn't looked at it forever - The Lovers is odd "You have taken the practice of bundling too far, my son."

Lo Scarabeo wins the crappy box award. All the Crystal Tarots nearly landed on the floor because the bottom fell out. I seem to have two different boxes of this.

Diana

FaintlyMacabre

So what is printed on the front of printerstudio's linen finish so I can hate all my other decks?

Diana