Etteilla Tarot III

debitutchi

I already boxed it up to ship it back to the seller, but if you follow this link, someone on youtube has this version and is reviewing it. The images are exactly the same. Notice the card back for this edition. This is the card back for the version with the printing error.

Pretty weird stuff. Now I have to find a way to get one of the previous versions…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxc-JEZV7Q0

debitutchi

This would have been such a nice version if not for the black-and-white mess. The card back design is lovely.

Le Fanu

Thanks for that. Obviously a printing error. And my goodness, that review! I mean why? And he didn't even suspect that there was anything wrong with the deck.

I was quite happy with the previous backs - a sort of subtle brown chequered effect.

debitutchi

I wonder if there is a way to identify an older version based on the box design…or if any sellers may still have the older printing. Its crazy that a mistake this big could make it through mass production

Yelell

Yes, thank you for the link. How strange.:confused: I almost bought this last week.

Nemia

In a number of years, the misprint will probably be worth a lot of money ;-)

debitutchi

wails and gnashes teeth

debitutchi

Well, for anyone who has the Dussere edition and a Lo Scarabeo edition, are the card sizes the same? Maybe I should try to get a Dussere now that the LS printing is jacked

gregory

What?? Where? I've looked at scans before, but I don't remember black and white cards. I've had this on my maybe list for a while now but 'horrible printing' makes me rethink :mad:
Contact Lo Scarabeo. Unless these are knockoffs, I am SURE they didn't intend that.

debitutchi

Definitely not knockoffs, though I don't know how to contact Lo Scarabeo