Tarot of the Gemstones and Crystals Deck

INIVEA

Tarot of the Gemstones and Crystals
by Helmut G. Hofmann (copy 1996)

Well, I had an interesting day, I found a Gem, a real tarot Gem, Gemstones and Crystals :D

Tarot of the Gemstones and Crystals

I actually really like this Tarot deck, yeah okay it doesn't show drawings, instead it shows pictures (real photos) of Gemstones and Crystals.

The uses I see I can use with this deck is endless. (Altar, Purse/wallet, Study stones, tarot readings, healing, shadow work, etc).

I search the forum, for an actual thread, discussing the deck, there isn't one, all I found were questions or de-enabling, collection, etc. threads. Which I personally think is a shame. There is so many ways of using this deck.

Does anyone have this deck?
What have you used this deck for?

nisaba

I have a copy. I reviewed it here for AT, some time ago.

As the review implies, it's not a personal favourite, though if you love it and it works well for you, I'm delighted for you. At the same time, I don't think I'm ever going to get rid of it. It's quirky and unusual, and I like quirky and unusual decks. :)

INIVEA

I have a copy. I reviewed it here for AT, some time ago.

As the review implies, it's not a personal favourite, though if you love it and it works well for you, I'm delighted for you. At the same time, I don't think I'm ever going to get rid of it. It's quirky and unusual, and I like quirky and unusual decks. :)

I like the unusual and quirky decks too.

Yes I did read your review. lol we have the same book "The healing powers of Crystals" lol. I also have "The Book of Stones" by Robert Simmons and Naisha Ahsian.

I was looking for a good deck to do Shadow and healing work with. you think I could find one, Deviant Moon was too weird, The Dark Grimoire, too many octopus figures, reminded me of "Piratesof the Caribean. I hit up all the book stores in town. nothing seemed to fit, what I was looking for. I even was considering Ghosts and Spirits by Lisa hunt. The minute I read the LWB from the Sampler of The Tarot of Gemstones and Crystals, It was a hit.

IE: 3 of Swords

Tarot interpretation: Trouble, painful insight, pangs of love, old wounds, etc.

Shadow aspect: Mistake, loss, error, distress, fear

Amazonite: In cases of depression and emotional problems, the amazonite reawakens joy and makes us aware of our complexity. it opens the heart so that universal love can flow once again and so helps us express our feelings better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Book of Stones" by Robert Simmons and Naisha Ahsian

Keywords: truth, communication, harmony

Amazonite is deeply stimulating for the heart and throat chakras. its energy is that of personal truth, allowing one to express one's heart through communication. It is a truth teller and a peacemaker, assisting one in communicating one's true thoughts and feelings without over emotionalism.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is great for when doing Shadow Work and healing. :D

nisaba

<warm smile> I'm delighted it works for you. It works less well for me - as I think I said in the review (or should have said), I would have preferred the stones at least in the Minor Arcana to be themed: Wands (elemental Fire) could have been exclusively igneous/volcanic, Cups could have been stones whose formation was associated with the sea or subterranean water, Swords could have been stones inclusive of air such as pumice, geodes, holed stones etc, and Earth could have been sedimentary or conglomerates. That would have satisfied me more, but what the hey ...

I was also disappointed with the lighting of several of the stones when photographed: many of them just didn't look like "themselves".

But on the obverse side, I adore the idea of a deck without a single figurative scene or face in it, a deck that really makes your intuition work.

INIVEA

<warm smile> I'm delighted it works for you. It works less well for me - as I think I said in the review (or should have said), I would have preferred the stones at least in the Minor Arcana to be themed: Wands (elemental Fire) could have been exclusively igneous/volcanic, Cups could have been stones whose formation was associated with the sea or subterranean water, Swords could have been stones inclusive of air such as pumice, geodes, holed stones etc, and Earth could have been sedimentary or conglomerates. That would have satisfied me more, but what the hey ...

I was also disappointed with the lighting of several of the stones when photographed: many of them just didn't look like "themselves".

But on the obverse side, I adore the idea of a deck without a single figurative scene or face in it, a deck that really makes your intuition work.

Yeah I see and understand your point definitely. about the suits at least following some theme :D

But that is the beauty I see in this gem, that it doesn't follow a theme at all. it's nice, that it's saying here are Gems and crystals, that actually have a good effect on the tarot card meanings, as that the gems or crystals aren't meant really to match the card meaning but more on the lines of here is a solution / process of how to heal (Stone healing properties) for the tarot meaning. so I am glad that the stone are sporadic.

Agree the photographer could've done better with the lighting, I don't think he was a professional, but a buddy that came buy and took a bunch of pictures for his friend. How many friends you think would do that for us. :D If he was a professional, I'll keep my comments to myself on ground that they may incriminate me.

That is what I really like, no face, no scene :D It's better than a non-illustrated deck, (Pips) prettier :D

I really like the Ace of Cups - Rutile Quartz, aka; Gods Hair . :D