Thoth Tarot consideration

Trowa Strife

I am interested in getting the Thoth Tarot, but I am partial to older publications of decks when I can find them. Is it worth it to seek out a vintage copy of the Thoth Tarot, or is the current run just fine?

AJ

you could take out a subscription here and put up a wanted thread for an older thoth.
It seems like there have been dozens of printings of various sizes and brightness over the years.

Le Fanu

I honestly think (unlike the RWS) the recent copies have the best printing. I mean, we can wax over "greenies" and Weiser A and White Box C decks etc etc but the newer printings are sharper.

The only reason for searching out a slightly older - but not quite vintage - version is that purple box one from a few years ago which came with the 3 Magus cards. I am particularly partial to this edition. I like to swap my Magi every now and then. But they seem to have discontinued this version.

Achlys

I would honestly say that the more recent runs of the deck are much more vibrant and better quality, imo

Lokismile

agreed, I'd consider getting a nice, crisp new one. Make it your own.

gregory

But the Konigsfurt one is rather pallid. It may be True To The Original Paintings - but still.

OK leffy, hit me :D