The Soulmate Spread

mary_leo

I did this spread. It's best to read the entire instructions. If you go directly to the website you can see a few visuals to aid you.

http://angelorum.co/topics/divination/the-ultimate-guide-to-manifesting-true-love/

What MaryLeo said about hers being past present future confused me too. But I get it now. Even future future future will tell a story and stories have beginnings middles and ends. I saw that as well when I read mine.

I feel this spread is to be done for yourself. It's set up that way in many different ways.
"one Court Card that you choose for yourself based on how you perceive your own personality"

Most clients do not know the tarot well enough to really pick the card that represents them. That step took me a while, to be accurate. However, with some guidance you could of course help them with that.

Now the real kicker is how the cards should be read:
"The method used for reading this 9 Square is the story spread method which is an intuitive way of reading the cards. ... Look at the images and let your imagination guide you. ... Write down what you see and don’t worry so much about traditional card meanings."

To me this feels like it was meant for a personal reading. Again, though OF COURSE you can offer your intuitive feelings for the cards as a reader for your client.

For a client you will need a few adjustments!

Possible alterations: If in the first pile they do not find the appropriate cards, then pause and explain what that means. Here you can stop and offer a reading on what is preventing them from finding their soulmate. Or you can offer to proceed to the next pile with an understanding that they are a ways off form meeting their soul mate. Say they go through each pile and it never adds up. Then you can offer to do it the fool proof way and use only one pile.

You just need to build in some leniency. Customize it.
Hi, how did the spread go for you? It was very interesting for me. When I got the 9 cards story in the end, it started with the court card I picked for myself (queen of wands), followed by the 5 of wands and the eight of swords on the first line. And I noticed that it had already happened, on a previous relationship.
Thats why I decided to consider it as past, present, future.

CrystalSeas

And I noticed that it had already happened, on a previous relationship.

You might want to consider that you got those cards in a 'present" reading because you're at risk of repeating that pattern.

If you are seeing old events in a "present" reading, it may be because you keep doing the same things in relationships. If it's not working, then you may want to think about how you could adjust that patternof behavior to be sure it doesn't keep happening.

How does your interpretation change if you read those cards as "present" cards?

mary_leo

Okay I gave it a go but I'm not sure how to read it. It looks like a soul group and past lover. (Mine is Hierophant and that was the 2nd card in the stack).

I got

1 - 5 Pence 2 - Lovers 3 - 8 Pents

4 - 10 Swords 5 (A/6) - 6 Cups 6 - King of Pentacles

7 - 5 Wands 8 - Wheel of Fortune 9 - Page of Swords

So the way this story would read is that in the past there was a love relationship with this person that made me feel lost, dejected abandoned, and was a lot of hard work.

There is presently no communication and things are dead, exhausted with this past lover, - I don't know any Earth signs though, my ex was a Pisces Aries Cusp. King of Pents is no one I know.

In the future there will be some competition, things will change and there will be some communication between us?

Hi WolfSwan, when I did this spread, on the 9 card story part, I could identify right away who the cards were describing. I also have no communication with this person, but it seems that something's gonna happen.
It made me a little anxious but v curious, let's wait and see how things are going to unfold.
Best of luck!

Okay I gave it a go but I'm not sure how to read it. It looks like a soul group and past lover. (Mine is Hierophant and that was the 2nd card in the stack).

I got

So the way this story would read is that in the past there was a love relationship with this person that made me feel lost, dejected abandoned, and was a lot of hard work.

There is presently no communication and things are dead, exhausted with this past lover, - I don't know any Earth signs though, my ex was a Pisces Aries Cusp. King of Pents is no one I know.

In the future there will be some competition, things will change and there will be some communication between us?

I got

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

mary_leo

You might want to consider that you got those cards in a 'present" reading because you're at risk of repeating that pattern.

If you are seeing old events in a "present" reading, it may be because you keep doing the same things in relationships. If it's not working, then you may want to think about how you could adjust that patternof behavior to be sure it doesn't keep happening.

How does your interpretation change if you read those cards as "present" cards?
Hi CrystalSeas, when I said that I had already lived that situation, what I meant was that since I got the six of cups, which means that I already know the person.
At the end, on the 9 cards story. The first line of cards was 1. Queen of wands (the court card I chose) 2. 5 of wands 3. 8 of swords.

That's exactly what has happened at the end of a past relationship I had. I fought really hard to make it work and he pushed me away and hurt me.
That's why I thought it related to the past on my case.

OnOrionsBelt

Hi, how did the spread go for you? It was very interesting for me. When I got the 9 cards story in the end, it started with the court card I picked for myself (queen of wands), followed by the 5 of wands and the eight of swords on the first line. And I noticed that it had already happened, on a previous relationship.

I had a similar experience in that the court-card was included as well. OH WOW I JUST HAD A THOUGHT!! Okay Okay I get it! I was just about to say except my court card was at the end. I'm going to go reverse all the cards. I think I laid them out incorrectly. Will report back!!

Edit: Alright, before my cards read as if I had a cliff hanger. My "problem card" was at the end. NOW, it's at the beginning.

Even though I have the 6 of cups I feel I haven't quite met this person. I'll be meeting them VERY soon. And the best I can do for as to why I got cups and not ace is that the soulmate seems to know me but I don't know them. Strange.

Full disclosure, I haven't quite deciphered the reading. This intuitive reading is hard work. I have been asking for help and was directed to use tarot meanings to explain the initial 3 cards (the ones on top the piles). I've read the first card and it's eerily exactly where I stand not only in my love life but simply in my life.

To be clear, I grabbed my little white book that comes with the deck. And in my case for this deck it's actually a large book! The description for the card read like a story. While it identified where I stand now it also has predictions of the future. How specific was it? It tells me how I meet the person. Not in a round about way either. The sentence goes "You will meet this person when you approach..." That's specific!! It also identified where I am in my career. And then there were more predictions about family life and so on.

That's only the first card from the 3 piles.

I won't be able to compare the story from the mini 3 pile to the 9 card pile until I read all 3.

Did you read the cards from the mini pile?

mary_leo

Short story (mini pile)

I had a similar experience in that the court-card was included as well. OH WOW I JUST HAD A THOUGHT!! Okay Okay I get it! I was just about to say except my court card was at the end. I'm going to go reverse all the cards. I think I laid them out incorrectly. Will report back!!

Edit: Alright, before my cards read as if I had a cliff hanger. My "problem card" was at the end. NOW, it's at the beginning.

Even though I have the 6 of cups I feel I haven't quite met this person. I'll be meeting them VERY soon. And the best I can do for as to why I got cups and not ace is that the soulmate seems to know me but I don't know them. Strange.

Full disclosure, I haven't quite deciphered the reading. This intuitive reading is hard work. I have been asking for help and was directed to use tarot meanings to explain the initial 3 cards (the ones on top the piles). I've read the first card and it's eerily exactly where I stand not only in my love life but simply in my life.

To be clear, I grabbed my little white book that comes with the deck. And in my case for this deck it's actually a large book! The description for the card read like a story. While it identified where I stand now it also has predictions of the future. How specific was it? It tells me how I meet the person. Not in a round about way either. The sentence goes "You will meet this person when you approach..." That's specific!! It also identified where I am in my career. And then there were more predictions about family life and so on.

That's only the first card from the 3 piles.

I won't be able to compare the story from the mini 3 pile to the 9 card pile until I read all 3.

Did you read the cards from the mini pile?

Hey OnOrionsBelt, sorry for taking so long... My short story was 5 of swords/the world/ace of wands. I think it reflects the present situation, because I am still feeling the loss, but I know that everything ends so another good thing can start, with a new relationship full of energy or meeting again someone from the past and starting a new journey, a new relationship.

The 9 cards story was:
1. Queen of wands (my court card) 2. 5 of wands 3. 8 of swords: I think it means that I (queen of wands) have fought really hard for this relationship (5 of wands) but I got hurt in the end (eight of swords). This is why I see this as a past event (even though the spread instructions says that you are supposed to read all the cards as representing the future; it also says that you need to read it intuitively and I definately feel like it relates to the past)

4. Knight of swords 5. 6 of cups 6. Chariot: I think this means that someone with the personality of the knight of swords will come back to my life (6 of cups) with a great will to move forward with the relationship (chariot).

7. The moon 8. The hierophant 9. The strength: I think it means that I'll feel very confused and suspicious about this person's feelings and intentions (the moon), but everything will develop in a mature, truthfull and committed way (the hyerophant) and I will be able to feel like I'm more in control in the end (the strength).

What tarot did you use? I used the Mythic tarot. What cards did you get on the story? Short and 9 cards? Let me know! I love to hear other people's opinion and results.

Hope it helps!

WolfSwan

Hi WolfSwan, when I did this spread, on the 9 card story part, I could identify right away who the cards were describing. I also have no communication with this person, but it seems that something's gonna happen.
It made me a little anxious but v curious, let's wait and see how things are going to unfold.
Best of luck!

Did anything happen in yours? Nothing so far in mine! I'm going to re-read what I got in the cards and relay them out to see if I get anything intuitive :)

mary_leo

Still waiting...

Did anything happen in yours? Nothing so far in mine! I'm going to re-read what I got in the cards and relay them out to see if I get anything intuitive :)

Hey WolfSwan, on the first line of the 9 cards story, from my point of view, it has already happened. But the second line starts with the Knight of swords, whenever I see a court card I try to related it with someone and it describes exactly the personality of someone from my past, and then the six of cups and the chariot... he hasn't contacted me yet.

The instructions says that, there is a way to determine timing... I read it and re-read it and I was unable to come to a conclusion of what and how to do it.
"As for timing, the closer to the bottom of the pile, the sooner you will meet. Let’s say your Ace/6 of Cups is about 2/3 of the way through the pile, the timing is about 8 months." Maybe you'll be able to make more sense out of it.

We'll just have to wait and see, share with me your results! I'd love to know!

DesertDream

fantastic! thank you for this. i really like the idea of using a soul card number from the major arcana than using a court card, because although I would be a Queen of Wands, really I am truly a Queen of Cups. :) But I would be The Empress if I used a soul card.

MidnightGalaxy

Can you do this spread with someone you already know?
For example you want to know if one particular person is your soulmate, so you do this spread to see if they're your soulmate?