how to soften the blow of the 3 of swords...

aliceinwonderland

I saw someone post here several years ago that the 3 of Swords had meant a woman had to have a hysterectomy. Swords can indicate surgery of one kind or another and a heart is kind of uterus-shaped. In this case and at your age, this does become more common as hormones start to get kind of snakey at times.

yes, Griz, I agree with you on the surgery bit too. I read for somebody a while back and this card came up, she went through an abortion (unplanned pregnancy) (one after another, as a matter of fact!!) and also there was third party involvement. But I hope this is not the case!! I am super healthy and my health is pretty spot on.

Talking of which! I hope your back is better! Super big hug coming your way!

Thanks so much for your input xxx

aliceinwonderland

I am not sure it is easy to soften the blow of the 3 of Swords, it has a purpose! when we feel swords through our heart we learn so much from it! Heartache teaches us lessons and makes us who we are, even though it's horrible at the time. We are forced to emotionally heal from it and probably long term it was a good thing for us.

Alice lots and lots of people worry they have not found someone but I think this card's message is that you do need to do something to then invite love. It's such a cliché but maybe work on yourself first and your emotional side! To me this is a turning within message. Research into the heart chakra and do some work on that :heart:

Hi Daniel!

Yes, I have thought of this too, as in perhaps there are more walls to knock if I want that sort of connection. But like Rodney say, this may be something I don't expect and I will learn. I am sure I will weather it, I am pretty resilient!

Thanks a million for your help with this. I do agree that by heartbreak you get deeper and closer to the person you really are. Ah! gotta see the bright side, right?

Big hug xxx

katieb

The only way that i can see lessening the blow is to accept that it hurts, live it and know that the feeling won't last forever.

Personally i don't see this as an outside blow but rather an internal hurt that needs to be processed. For ex: i'm approaching the 40's as well and taking stock of what I have and what i don't. This could very well be the case for you in regards to love.

Hope i'm making sense luv :)

ana luisa

The 3 of Swords can mean a CHANGE OF HEART ...

CrystalSun

I saw someone post here several years ago that the 3 of Swords had meant a woman had to have a hysterectomy. Swords can indicate surgery of one kind or another and a heart is kind of uterus-shaped. In this case and at your age, this does become more common as hormones start to get kind of snakey at times.

I wonder what has to do this definition with the OP question and reading. She asked about her love life not about health. Two different things. Please, don't scare her like that.

aliceinwonderland

I wonder what has to do this definition with the OP question and reading. She asked about her love life not about health. Two different things. Please, don't scare her like that.

I am not scared, don't worry. Griz always means well. I've never wanted kids to start with. But hysterectomy is something I do not want just yet lol.

I have had this card time and again, and yes, is hurt and disappointment, and is also something you overcome.

Thank you CrystalSun xxx

aliceinwonderland

The 3 of Swords can mean a CHANGE OF HEART ...

do you think this may be a change of heart due to something you learn, Ana Luisa??

thank you for your thoughts :love:

aliceinwonderland

The only way that i can see lessening the blow is to accept that it hurts, live it and know that the feeling won't last forever.

Personally i don't see this as an outside blow but rather an internal hurt that needs to be processed. For ex: i'm approaching the 40's as well and taking stock of what I have and what i don't. This could very well be the case for you in regards to love.

Hope i'm making sense luv :)

yes it does, Katie. I appreciate your thoughts on this. Like you said, is about accepting what you cannot change and move on in the know 'wasn't meant to be' if it kinda doesn't flow.

Hm. Gonna have to wait and see what transpires....but it may also involve dwelling and overthinking, being disappointed about this guy not calling me after we went on a few dates. Trouble is, I don't even think we were right for each other. Is purely a sense of failure.

ana luisa

do you think this may be a change of heart due to something you learn, Ana Luisa??

thank you for your thoughts :love:

Most certainly. It's not only the learning but the change that comes with it. I'm sure there are things you liked when younger that you don't care for any more. The heart as it grows, accepts/accommodates emotions in a different way. How often do I hear people ask themselves what they saw in so and so to make them love the guy so much ? ;)
This card is also a card of letting go. I strongly believe that once you find peace, things start happening. Like women who go through all possible ways to get pregnant, give up, adopt and then GUESS WHAT ?, realize they are expecting :)

aliceinwonderland

Most certainly. It's not only the learning but the change that comes with it. I'm sure there are things you liked when younger that you don't care for any more. The heart as it grows, accepts/accommodates emotions in a different way. How often do I hear people ask themselves what they saw in so and so to make them love the guy so much ? ;)
This card is also a card of letting go. I strongly believe that once you find peace, things start happening. Like women who go through all possible ways to get pregnant, give up, adopt and then GUESS WHAT ?, realize they are expecting :)

OK AL, some new thoughts for me to mull over here, hey? At least I am kinda mentally prepared to it, so, will remember that I will come through the other side. Letting go sounds like pretty good advice too, time to put words into action.

Big hug, doll xxx