8 of Swords as TIMING - Help????

Nalini

8 of swords means waiting situation is stagnant for me it shows your mind set instead of a timing.....

mahafrins,

I agree with you and read it in a similiar way. Having said that my question was 'when will ...(an incident) happen?' Hence, need to consider it as timing. You could say that this is a bit of experiment too, checking out how well timing questions/answers work. In the past it never had.

mahafrins

mahafrins,

I agree with you and read it in a similiar way. Having said that my question was 'when will ...(an incident) happen?' Hence, need to consider it as timing. You could say that this is a bit of experiment too, checking out how well timing questions/answers work. In the past it never had.

I have got same card some months back for timing and nothing happened. So thats my exp....

Strenght

Timing through tarot is what seems like the most difficult thing. However I pulled one for timing a while ago, RWS. 8 of Swords, would anyone be kind enough to shed some light? From what I read it should be 8 days (going by the swords are days) but just don't seem possible! :O

8 of Swords as timing means that something can't happen until an obstacle clears.
It can be a mindset or a more "real obstacle". Example why someone doesn't reply their work emails, they are not able to: they don't read their work emails because they are on vacation! (got that one time)

LotusSong

If I had pulled the 8 of Swords as a timing card, I would have interpreted it as "a delay." What ever time you think it will occur, it will be later than that. If a date gets set, I would expect it to be pushed back or perhaps even canceled. Someone will show up late. etc. etc.

Nalini

8 of Swords as timing means that something can't happen until an obstacle clears.
It can be a mindset or a more "real obstacle". Example why someone doesn't reply their work emails, they are not able to: they don't read their work emails because they are on vacation! (got that one time)

Strenght,

Thanks. I'm inclined to think that way too. Let's see how it goes.

Nalini

If I had pulled the 8 of Swords as a timing card, I would have interpreted it as "a delay." What ever time you think it will occur, it will be later than that. If a date gets set, I would expect it to be pushed back or perhaps even canceled. Someone will show up late. etc. etc.

LotusSong,

Thanks. Me think delay will be due to the querent's (in this case mine) mindset.

headincloud

hi I'm useless on timings but coming from the opposite direction to you one way may be to look at a spread for a certain month or do a spread for the year allocating the cards to each month and obviously we can adapt this to whatever time frame we wish using as many cards as we wish.

Maybe you could try looking ahead for an indication of when this is likely to be

Nalini

hi I'm useless on timings but coming from the opposite direction to you one way may be to look at a spread for a certain month or do a spread for the year allocating the cards to each month and obviously we can adapt this to whatever time frame we wish using as many cards as we wish.

Maybe you could try looking ahead for an indication of when this is likely to be

headincloud,

Great idea! Thanks, I'll try it. :)