The Devil and problems with one's sexuality

Nikita_

Perhaps this man is totally fixated on another woman and he can't performe for any woman else?

Well, she has known quite a few women who have slept with him...but of course, maybe he was going through a tough time psuchologically, that is possible....I mean, like I said before, there could be lots of different reasons why he couldn't perform, I'm not really interested in them, though...I'm more interested in finding out what the cards were telling me...and there were no cards inicating another woman there...

headincloud

So...I did a reading for nic and we found pretty conclusively that the devil in this case did signal sexual problems indicated by the fool reversed which indicates those who are sexually ambivalent at best or at worst totally detached from physical love :)

Nikita_

So...I did a reading for nic and we found pretty conclusively that the devil in this case did signal sexual problems indicated by the fool reversed which indicates those who are sexually ambivalent at best or at worst totally detached from physical love :)

Yes, thanks headinclouds, it was an excellent reading...and yeah, it confirmed what I thought about the Devil there...

Nikita_

Hi everyone, I've decided to revive this thread because I've done a very similar reading recently and some of the things that had been said here kept coming to mind. in particular, comments about the two aces as the phallic and female symbols..the Devil standing in between them clearly represented the obstacle there preventing intercourse, be it a strong but repressed sex drive and lust, performance anxiety, or whatever...anyway, a block of some kind. I have a feeling that's what the Devil means in this type of readings, in general..

ravenest

Yeah but ... but .... aces are potential energies .... I think the original reading is saying there is a great potential there in their energies. I dont see the Devil as causing the problem, he is showing how the potentials can join together.

I have had 30 years of 'the Devil' in my readings ... he 'comes up' a lot ... and in all that time he never had trouble starting, continuing or completing anything :)

(Although .... as I get older .... https://illustratornate.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/screen-shot-2013-10-14-at-3-21-07-pm.png )

aliceinwonderland

Yeah but ... but .... aces are potential energies .... I think the original reading is saying there is a great potential there in their energies. I dont see the Devil as causing the problem, he is showing how the potentials can join together.

I have had 30 years of 'the Devil' in my readings ... he 'comes up' a lot ... and in all that time he never had trouble starting, continuing or completing anything :)

(Although .... as I get older .... https://illustratornate.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/screen-shot-2013-10-14-at-3-21-07-pm.png )

haha great post ravenest! you really made me laugh!!!

A :heart:

leoniemonsta

To me these 3 cards might show a sex addiction with the obvious phallic and feminine symbols combined with the devil.
And I have heard that some sex addicts need that kind of sex to get them off. No feelings, sex with strangers, or just with people that they don't really like.
So as we all know this was representing a problem, the problem may be he genuinely cared for her and so was unable to perform.
Sex addiction is a complicated problem can sometimes be caused by not dealing with the emotional scars that child sexual abuse leaves. When an older women preys on a young boy going through puberty it leaves the poor guy very confused and emotionally hurt but he can't talk about it. You would think that a womanizer likes women but mostly it's the reverse.

headincloud

There are two problems with your interpretation : sex without love....well, at least that would imply that there should have been SEX....
Their relationship died out after that, so everything else you said about emotional start, commitment,etc, doesn't apply here I'm afraid....

Sorry, didn't follow the thread but second take perhaps we're trying to read too deeply into the spread. Could the devil simply be indicating repression over sexuality in the ace w and emotions in ace c? If so perhaps the reasons behind the repression could be clarified by additional cards.

headincloud

Hi everyone, I've decided to revive this thread because I've done a very similar reading recently and some of the things that had been said here kept coming to mind. in particular, comments about the two aces as the phallic and female symbols..the Devil standing in between them clearly represented the obstacle there preventing intercourse, be it a strong but repressed sex drive and lust, performance anxiety, or whatever...anyway, a block of some kind. I have a feeling that's what the Devil means in this type of readings, in general..

I just noticed this lol

Nikita_

Well in my modest experience, ( surely not 30 years like yours ), the Devil is NEVER a good omen...the only exception to me was sexual readings, and now that's going to change as well...