page of cups 7 pentacles 5 of swords

Ethereal

ok, all. this is part of a much larger spread that I did. I got to these 3 cards and was stumped. no positions, just laying cards out. what is really confusing me here is the 7 of pentacles and 5 of swords, pertaining to this question. need a bit of help on this. all cards upright. person Y ended the relationship.

the question was: what has stayed in person X's mind, regarding person Y, that X cannot let go of?

I think the page of cups refers to messages of love sent to X from Y . it sticks in person X's mind. the messages of love, (page of cups) were sent for a reason. pehaps X is thinking Y was just waiting for the right time (7 pentacles) to do something underhanded, and humilitating to X ( 5 of swords) that they never saw coming. I am not sure here, and I sure do need some help on this. guessing here, anyone?

SunShadow

perhaps he feels that even though he knows this person has sent out this message, that he is reluctant to get back to them because he feels defeated and like he can't win in the situation.

Ethereal

him feeling defeated I can see in this situation. thanks for adding the defeat aspect of the 5 of swords. from what I do know , there isn't going to be a going back together. thanks for your insight!

SunShadow

the defeat shows in the 7 of pentacles as well. if your using the rider-waite deck, look at the pictoral....imagine it was in motion, doesn't it look like the pile of pents are falling down around him? I recently had this revelation

Aidan

I think its about unfullfilled hopes. There was hope for love(page of cups), but the relationship didnt work that well, so there was dissatisfacion and it didnt last (7 pents). Now theres the feeling, that there is nothing, x could do to win back y (5swords).

Ethereal

sunshadow: yes, i could see defeat in the 7 of pentacles, most definitely immense frustration. things failed. (its a card of failure, also).
aidan: yes, i like that. *unfulfilled hopes.* the page of cups could mean, *hope for love,*
( i read it as messages Y sent that were very romantic in nature to X ) . 5 of swords as nothing to do could win Y back. absolutely agreed. total defeat. thank you both for posting and helping out!