3 of pentacles rx as illegal business dealings ?

Nikita_

I predicted a bust in 2005. & The some of the cards I got were:
-- Hierophant rx. (someone living an unconventional lifestyle)
-- Emperor rx (someone who is capable of systematically setting things up & otherwise who devises a TRAP).
-- Fortune rx (confusing turn of events)

-- King Pentacles rx (represented the querents husband)
-- Advice was: Knight Pentacles rx (a time to cut your losses, or walk away).

In any event, I knew the girl I was reading for to some extent (we're both from a small town), and her hubby was car pooling to work with a bunch of guys, one of whom was a wheeler/dealer if you get my drift. So as soon as I saw this combo (first 3 cards), I thot "bust". So i told her that this might be a possibility, and sure enough the guy got pinched, tho her hubby was not involved. Not to mention that her hubby kept his distance after his wife told him what i'd seen in the cards. Tho as it turned out, he lost his "ride" to work, and ended up driving himself, which cost him alot more than car pooling.

Interesting...and what are your thoughts on the 3 of pents rx ?

Nikita_

I just wanted to clarify that I only went to look it up in a book because I had a strong gut feeling that it could mean that...I know that every card, if you really want to, can be stretched to mean anything, or almost anything....the 3 of pents in particular is such a "mysterious", enigmatic card, anyway...it changes its meaning every time I see it, in every context, it's really hard to pin down...in one of the RWS clone decks I own, even more than in the original one, you see three characters, one of which looks like a Bishop, standing there in silence while one of them works away at something...it always makes me think of things being decided in secret in high places...but maybe that's my imagination running wild...

Sorry, I think I posted this edited reply twice.

jenessa

Interesting...and what are your thoughts on the 3 of pents rx ?
One way to read it would be: mistakes &/or problems due to carelessness.

Also keep in mind that under this influence the querent runs the risk of being their own worst enemy. So depending on context (surrounding cards, question, etc.), this reversal can sometimes be viewed in terms of self sabotage.

Not to mention, but in a general sense, it can point to "trouble ahead" &/or be read as a sign that something is not going to work out.

I just wanted to clarify that I only went to look it up in a book because I had a strong gut feeling that it could mean that...I know that every card, if you really want to, can be stretched to mean anything, or almost anything....the 3 of pents in particular is such a "mysterious", enigmatic card, anyway...it changes its meaning every time I see it, in every context, it's really hard to pin down...in one of the RWS clone decks I own, even more than in the original one, you see three characters, one of which looks like a Bishop, standing there in silence while one of them works away at something...it always makes me think of things being decided in secret in high places...but maybe that's my imagination running wild...
Trust you gut, especially if it's showing you another way to view the card. Also keep in mind that some readers rely on images when interpreting the cards. Indeed, the art of interpretation is a very individual thing, given that we all connect with the cards differently.

For my part, I tend to read from a scholarly perspective, tho every so often I will see something in a cards' imagery which leads me to a conclusion that deviates from the norm, tho it will turn out to be spot on. & This last tends to happen when i'm using certain decks, in the sense that the imagery of the deck triggers my intuition. Or sometimes i'll see something in a card that ties in with the context of the other cards drawn .. &/or which speaks to the subject matter of the reading, tho its not the traditional meaning associated with the card, but hey when I SEE it, it's an ah-hah moment, in the sense that i just know what its telling me!

Nikita_

One way to read it would be: mistakes &/or problems due to carelessness.

Also keep in mind that under this influence the querent runs the risk of being their own worst enemy. So depending on context (surrounding cards, question, etc.), this reversal can sometimes be viewed in terms of self sabotage.

Not to mention, but in a general sense, it can point to "trouble ahead" &/or be read as a sign that something is not going to work out.

Trust you gut, especially if it's showing you another way to view the card. Also keep in mind that some readers rely on images when interpreting the cards. Indeed, the art of interpretation is a very individual thing, given that we all connect with the cards differently.

For my part, I tend to read from a scholarly perspective, tho every so often I will see something in a cards' imagery which leads me to a conclusion that deviates from the norm, tho it will turn out to be spot on. & This last tends to happen when i'm using certain decks, in the sense that the imagery of the deck triggers my intuition. Or sometimes i'll see something in a card that ties in with the context of the other cards drawn .. &/or which speaks to the subject matter of the reading, tho its not the traditional meaning associated with the card, but hey when I SEE it, it's an ah-hah moment, in the sense that i just know what its telling me!

What you said about self-sabotaging and carelessness does make sense here...I also read cards using what I studied and learnt, I don't believe much in relying on images and visions, unless, of course, one is a real " psychyc"...but yes, sometimes I do get a strong, gut reaction to a card, and although I'm wary of what I feel, I sometimes have the urge to go with it...at least as a possibility...

headincloud

I've often found this card upright to represent successful marketing and working with groups of people to that end. I guess rev it may be pointing at problems within this surrounding group leading to a bust.

Nikita_

I've often found this card upright to represent successful marketing and working with groups of people to that end. I guess rev it may be pointing at problems within this surrounding group leading to a bust.

Are you talking about bankrupt kind of thing ?

jenessa

I also read cards using what I studied and learnt, I don't believe much in relying on images and visions, unless, of course, one is a real " psychyc"...but yes, sometimes I do get a strong, gut reaction to a card, and although I'm wary of what I feel, I sometimes have the urge to go with it...at least as a possibility...
I'm not psychic, tho i'm intuitive in the sense that i'm drawn to things.

However, having said that, i don't read intuitively, tho every so often something in the imagery of a card will catch my attention & otherwise have me thinking about the card in a new way.

Which is kinda like what you were saying about:
...in one of the RWS clone decks I own, even more than in the original one, you see three characters, one of which looks like a Bishop, standing there in silence while one of them works away at something...it always makes me think of things being decided in secret in high places...
I like your take on the card imagery. So rather than worrying that your imagination is running wild, i'd say you've hit-on a plausible way to interpret this card.

& As far as gut reactions go, whenever i feel strongly that something is a possibility, 9 times outta 10 it turns out to be a distinct possibility & otherwise comes into play re: the situation being inquired into.

In any event, there are people here on the forums that read intuitively .. so each to their own .. whatever works!

headincloud

Are you talking about bankrupt kind of thing ?

Well yes that's one angle but perhaps the underlying reason may be down to a leak from one of his buyers or someone who sells for him leading to a bust at a guess.