3 of pentacles rx as illegal business dealings ?

Grizabella

It is possible that I was influenced by what I know-that's why I am comparing ideas here-but I did read up somewhere that this is one of its meanings...just wanted to see if anyone had come across it...
And as for growing pot at home for medical purposes...that is neither here nor there; mine was not a judgement on what he does, but the fact remains it's illegal-over here, anyway-and for the purposes of the reading, he is breaking the law, right or wrong....

You don't specify where you are so I was thinking about the US because here people can and do grow medical pot.

Farzon

My dear nikita, I get the feeling you like the law ;)
Anyway, as I understood that, the threes mean a recognition of limits and responsibilities. From this point of view, yes it could be illegal work. Or work done without respect for yourself, under poor conditions or with mediocre output.

One word about third-party-readings: there is a recent thread going on about this, most stated, it is by no means questionable or against moral codes. But that's for each one to decide for themselves.

Nikita_

My dear nikita, I get the feeling you like the law ;)
Anyway, as I understood that, the threes mean a recognition of limits and responsibilities. From this point of view, yes it could be illegal work. Or work done without respect for yourself, under poor conditions or with mediocre output.

One word about third-party-readings: there is a recent thread going on about this, most stated, it is by no means questionable or against moral codes. But that's for each one to decide for themselves.

No, I don't particularly like the law, I like Justice, which is an entirely different matter....and I take full responsibility for what I am saying....but recently, I've had to deal with these issues in readings, so, you know, I like to be as accurate as possible when I read for others....

Nikita_

You don't specify where you are so I was thinking about the US because here people can and do grow medical pot.

I'm in Europe, not Holland, obviously....and to be clear, I think you guys are very lucky if you really can grow marijuana...though I suspect you probably need a licence to do that for medical purposes.....but now that you mention it, all the Americans I met didn't give me the impression that smoking dope was allowed or even tolerated over there....but I might be wrong....it's been a long time since I went to the US, or tried to buy marijuana over there....

Sandalwood

I've never seen the 3 of pents come up for underhand and/or illegal/criminal business dealings. If he has a normal job then it looks like that will suddenly come to an end. That or the house he lives in needs some attention, because something is 'falling apart'.
It also depends on the other cards in the spread of course. If it was the 3 pents RX - Tower and then all good cards showing it might say that this 'workless' period in his life is coming to an end.

Growing marihuana plants feels more related to a combination of fire - earth and/or cards where you can see flowers, like the one in the Fool's hand, the Queen of Wands and/or the harvest shown in the 3 cups.

In regards to Marihuana, they are legalising it in great parts of the USA for quite some time now. Or that's what I understood. The Netherlands are getting more and more conservative in regards to the soft drugs laws.

Nikita_

I've never seen the 3 of pents come up for underhand and/or illegal/criminal business dealings. If he has a normal job then it looks like that will suddenly come to an end. That or the house he lives in needs some attention, because something is 'falling apart'.
It also depends on the other cards in the spread of course. If it was the 3 pents RX - Tower and then all good cards showing it might say that this 'workless' period in his life is coming to an end.

Growing marihuana plants feels more related to a combination of fire - earth and/or cards where you can see flowers, like the one in the Fool's hand, the Queen of Wands and/or the harvest shown in the 3 cups.

In regards to Marihuana, they are legalising it in great parts of the USA for quite some time now. Or that's what I understood. The Netherlands are getting more and more conservative in regards to the soft drugs laws.

I think you might be right about your interpretation of the 3 of pents; that is also an alternative interpretation I have given him...I did say the very same thing about problems at home for him..he doesn't have a " normal " job, so that is not an option...neither is he looking for one, he's quite happy with what he does....
Yeah, here the laws concerning marijuana keep changing as well, backwards and forwards, I guess politics are torn between the awareness of the institutions that know very well that it's ridiculous to make it illegal and punish it severely, and pressure from different environments to keep being harsh with dealers...politics....well...let's not get into that...

Nikita_

I found this, in a book about tarot : " a boss may ask you to do something illegal or hazardous..." It's M.Greer's book. Just wanted to give you the exact quote.

Grizabella

I'm in Europe, not Holland, obviously....and to be clear, I think you guys are very lucky if you really can grow marijuana...though I suspect you probably need a licence to do that for medical purposes.....but now that you mention it, all the Americans I met didn't give me the impression that smoking dope was allowed or even tolerated over there....but I might be wrong....it's been a long time since I went to the US, or tried to buy marijuana over there....

I'm not sure about the license needed but I know you get a card and then can grow it for others.

As for it being legal, it's not really legal yet in the US except under certain circumstances, like medical use. But anything under an ounce here in Oregon is a misdemeanor and you get a ticket if caught, I think, rather than it being a bigger crime.

You can make any meanings you see in the cards. Books are telling you what others have found in using the cards but you might find that your meanings will differ sometimes. My point, though, was that it's easy to let our own biases creep in. They're sneaky little devils, always looking for a way to color our readings, so it takes some self-searching in order to avoid that.

jenessa

I predicted a bust in 2005. & The some of the cards I got were:
-- Hierophant rx. (someone living an unconventional lifestyle)
-- Emperor rx (someone who is capable of systematically setting things up & otherwise who devises a TRAP).
-- Fortune rx (confusing turn of events)

-- King Pentacles rx (represented the querents husband)
-- Advice was: Knight Pentacles rx (a time to cut your losses, or walk away).

In any event, I knew the girl I was reading for to some extent (we're both from a small town), and her hubby was car pooling to work with a bunch of guys, one of whom was a wheeler/dealer if you get my drift. So as soon as I saw this combo (first 3 cards), I thot "bust". So i told her that this might be a possibility, and sure enough the guy got pinched, tho her hubby was not involved. Not to mention that her hubby kept his distance after his wife told him what i'd seen in the cards. Tho as it turned out, he lost his "ride" to work, and ended up driving himself, which cost him alot more than car pooling.

Nikita_

I'm not sure about the license needed but I know you get a card and then can grow it for others.

As for it being legal, it's not really legal yet in the US except under certain circumstances, like medical use. But anything under an ounce here in Oregon is a misdemeanor and you get a ticket if caught, I think, rather than it being a bigger crime.

You can make any meanings you see in the cards. Books are telling you what others have found in using the cards but you might find that your meanings will differ sometimes. My point, though, was that it's easy to let our own biases creep in. They're sneaky little devils, always looking for a way to color our readings, so it takes some self-searching in order to avoid that.

I agree, and that's exactly what I was doing...and it wouldn't have occurred to me, if other cards hadn't been there to suggest that idea...and that made me wonder if the 3 of pents there was reenforcing them, or talking about something else entirely...I still think that it may have meant something different as well, it was just a thought...

edited to add : I just wanted to clarify that I only went to look it up in a book because I had a strong gut feeling that it could mean that...I know that every card, if you really want to, can be stretched to mean anything, or almost anything....the 3 of pents in particular is such a "mysterious", enigmatic card, anyway...it changes its meaning every time I see it, in every context, it's really hard to pin down...in one of the RWS clone decks I own, even more than in the original one, you see three characters, one of which looks like a Bishop, standing there in silence while one of them works away at something...it always makes me think of things being decided in secret in high places...but maybe that's my imagination running wild...