how to soften the blow of the 3 of swords...

aliceinwonderland

Hi fellow AT forum lovers!

After some brain storming here. Done a self reading for my love life, and, in my present position I got the 8 of cups. No surprises here. I am disappointed with my love life and unfulfilled. I date but really, never leads to anything. I would like an emotional connection, to fall in love, and for it to be reciprocated. It just doesn't happen (turning 40 in a weeks' time) And I don't really walk away, it kinda never takes off.

For the near future position I drew the 3 of swords. So. I predict more disappointment. And no, I'm not involved with anybody. No dates on the pipeline. I just see that there's some sort of hurt brewing I will have to overcome.

My request for help is, how to soften the blow, to make this transition the gentlest possible.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Alicia :heart:

CrystalSun

You look at the other cards that surround this card and 8 of cups. Now, I don't know what kind of spread you did but you need to focus on the outcome. Usually The Near Future Position doesn't tell us much. It's usually a short period. A month or two, maximum 3. The outcome can give a more broad perspective and of course a more optimistic one.

Even if the outcome doesn't look promising... you need to understand that one spread does not rule your future and you can bring changes and oportunities to make it look brighter.

rwcarter

3S in the future position could be a (hurtful) truth that you need to absorb/deal with. If it had been a self-realization, I would've expected the Tower instead. So this truth will likely be externally derived. I'd suggest trying not to let your feelings get hurt but instead to look at the core message as something to help, not to hurt.

aliceinwonderland

You look at the other cards that surround this card and 8 of cups. Now, I don't know what kind of spread you did but you need to focus on the outcome. Usually The Near Future Position doesn't tell us much. It's usually a short period. A month or two, maximum 3. The outcome can give a more broad perspective and of course a more optimistic one.
Even if the outcome doesn't look promising... you need to understand that one spread does not rule your future and you can bring changes and oportunities to make it look brighter.

Thank you, crystal sun. I know is about adjusting my expectations. The outcome is queen of wands, so I know I will be fine lol, but many readers always give excellent advice on how to do this the best possible way (accept and go through challenging times still smiling)

Our knowledge of cards vary and is really rich. I like to get advice. I also intend to follow it :D

Thanks again xxx

aliceinwonderland

3S in the future position could be a (hurtful) truth that you need to absorb/deal with. If it had been a self-realization, I would've expected the Tower instead. So this truth will likely be externally derived. I'd suggest trying not to let your feelings get hurt but instead to look at the core message as something to help, not to hurt.

Wow Rodney this is proper valuable information! I didn't think of the external element here. I also think the 'not taking it to heart' will be really helpful if something hurtful transpires.

May be along the lines of ex being in a new relationship or something like that. Hm

Many thanks for this nugget of knowledge! :heart:

donnalee

I like this, and I also really feel that eight of cups is moving away from an outworn situation and in that sense is to me positive, in setting limits and going toward what is desired--a form of flushing and moving on, if you like. I might think the three of swords is that this could entail leaving behind either delusion or memories or hopes, or facing a truth as mentioned above, or even stepping on something that hurts your foot or whatever but teaches you (no idea where that thought came from), but the outcome sounds great. I thought there might be more blow to soften. I don't mean to trivialise, and I think you can do well with this.

tarotlova

I always look at the 3 Swords as taking a new direction/path as yet unknown.

aliceinwonderland

I always look at the 3 Swords as taking a new direction/path as yet unknown.

That's certainly a novel concept for me, TL and certainly bodes well with DonnaLee's opinion.

Thanks so much for this food for thought! x

Grizabella

I saw someone post here several years ago that the 3 of Swords had meant a woman had to have a hysterectomy. Swords can indicate surgery of one kind or another and a heart is kind of uterus-shaped. In this case and at your age, this does become more common as hormones start to get kind of snakey at times.

danieljuk

I am not sure it is easy to soften the blow of the 3 of Swords, it has a purpose! when we feel swords through our heart we learn so much from it! Heartache teaches us lessons and makes us who we are, even though it's horrible at the time. We are forced to emotionally heal from it and probably long term it was a good thing for us.

Alice lots and lots of people worry they have not found someone but I think this card's message is that you do need to do something to then invite love. It's such a cliché but maybe work on yourself first and your emotional side! To me this is a turning within message. Research into the heart chakra and do some work on that :heart: