Four of pentacles and the high priestess

Pink-lady

I'm looking for a REASON behind an action.
What do you get from the first two cards listed above?

4 of Pentecales is about security, stability and being materialistic.
The HP is about intuition or maybe emotional stability.

Could this combo mean that the reason is trying to establish material and emotional stability?
If yes then am I right to say that the reasons are selfish.

Do you see romance in it? Is romance at all the driving force(reason) here

Thanks

Edit: I'm hoping you see NO romance in the combo

Thirteen

Miser + Nun isn't likely to = Romance

Do you see romance in it? Is romance at all the driving force(reason) here
Romance in the 4/Pents and HPS? :bugeyed: I won't say it's impossible, but if one is looking for romance, it's kinda hard to find it in a combo of "miser" and "nun" don't ya think?

Yes, 4/Pents is holding onto things—but not just holding on. Really holding on. It's a fear of letting go. You may be stable, but you don't believe you are, so you cling. And HPS is intuition, but also holding onto secrets. She's a solitary lady in her library, keeping her knowledge to herself; not one going out on a date.

Reason behind the action is not, I think, for emotional/material stability. It's to hold onto what you've got, secrets included and that means not interacting with others. In fact, one of the things I'd read in this (might or might not apply) would be wanting to hold onto one's virginity or just not have sex. That'd be a very good reason for the action given these two cards. If the person is going out with someone and you want to know why, it might be because they think this person will respect their person and not make them give up something they don't want to give up.

Pink-lady

Romance in the 4/Pents and HPS? :bugeyed: I won't say it's impossible, but if one is looking for romance, it's kinda hard to find it in a combo of "miser" and "nun" don't ya think?

Yes, 4/Pents is holding onto things—but not just holding on. Really holding on. It's a fear of letting go. You may be stable, but you don't believe you are, so you cling. And HPS is intuition, but also holding onto secrets. She's a solitary lady in her library, keeping her knowledge to herself; not one going out on a date.

Reason behind the action is not, I think, for emotional/material stability. It's to hold onto what you've got, secrets included and that means not interacting with others. In fact, one of the things I'd read in this (might or might not apply) would be wanting to hold onto one's virginity or just not have sex. That'd be a very good reason for the action given these two cards. If the person is going out with someone and you want to know why, it might be because they think this person will respect their person and not make them give up something they don't want to give up.

Umm, I was hoping there would be NO romance in the combo and am glad you don't see it either.
But what can posses someone to Hold on that tight?

Thirteen

I wouldn't say that men who jealously hold tight to their women to the point of making them virtual prisoners are romantics. Nor those women who won't let their man glance at other women or go out with his friends for fear she'll lose him to another woman. So if you're asking why one person might cling tightly to another...well, they're insecure, paranoid, unstable or, as you say, selfish.

Romantic means the two can't get enough of each other, but they'll eagerly let go and help there person fly far and high if they can. That's romantic. But if only one is being clingy, holding the other down...then that's not romance. That's something very wrong.

Farzon

Hard to say without knowing the action. My first impression was of someone hoarding money secretly.

aliceinwonderland

yes, I think with these cards a couple of things

4 of pentacles:

a) somebody tight with money
b) somebody that wants to receive but won't give back in return (a one way street)
c) somebody with thick walls (perhaps due to past experiences) (emotionally unavailable) (you may get sex from this person, but there's no emotional connection)

HP:

d) somebody that will not give away the game, their thoughts, feelings
e) somebody that keeps to him/herself
f) somebody that is keeping the whole story from you (I see this as a control thing and a way to get attention, but that's just my view, never got this from any guides, only my own experiences)

Aidan

4 pents is also about the fear of losing Material stability. And that includes health as well, so maybe this person has a reason for this fear (like an illness), and tries to keep this a secret.

PAMUYA

Both these cards are cards of non-action. Doing nothing, romance requires at lease a glance, these two cards are cold, keep away from me cards. This person giving these kind of vibes? Just a thought..... perhaps the just want to be left alone.

Aidan

Umm, I was hoping there would be NO romance in the combo and am glad you don't see it either.

If its about clinging, it could mean this person cant let go, because he/she thinks, it has to be the way he/she wants it, like destiny or something. This person might see himself as romantic, without realising that its more an obsession

bluelagune

When I look at HP, I see the story of Pope Joan. She ruled the church as a male pope. No one knew she was a woman. She was quite intelligent to pull something like this off in a place where only men reside. But she got caught when she went into labour on a crowded street during some religious prosession. Anyways, the way I see her is her gift of knowledge and intelligence is hidden away from the world. It defines her.

Four of pentacles is holding on/withholding something of value. Money? Sometimes I see the pentacles as
trust. So somehow trust is withheld.

Now, the combination of both has two options:
(1) for a woman the monetary value is withheld of fear of losing that is hidden. Like knowledge on the job in some companies is withheld based on fear that one should know more than the other in order to be valued. or This somethin is quite important as definition of ones individuality, lifestyle or even existence. She knows something we dont and she is keeping thus secret.
(2) For a man I would see him withholding his trust or money because the woman in his view is hiding something from him.