Queen of Pentacles as a man sees you?

Libra289

For me, the Queen of Pentacles is Carla Emery. Most of you probably don't know who she is, but in 1987 at a garage sale I bought a "book" for fifty cents that was put out using one of those old machines from the 50's that makes copies. She had cranked out this book in installments and then people could buy it and it came with three holes punched in each page and there was a piece of twine to tie it together. She published it in sections. Then she put copies in the trunk of her car and went to all the state fairs she could to sell them while carrying two toddlers with her and her husband staying home to take care of the livestock and older kids. The finished book can now be found in real book form on Amazon. She wrote that book as she went along finding out information that she also put into use about everything in the world a person needs to know about cooking, canning, butchering your own animals-----it's got literally everything in the book that could help you go off and survive without civilization. I don't remember the name of the book, but Google it because it's invaluable. Carla Emery passed away a few years ago, but what an amazing person she was. :)

Anyway, that's the Queen of Pentacles for me. Carla Emery. The woman who can do anything and everything to provide for her loved ones even if all she's got is her own two hands and a mimeograph machine. Here's the Amazon link.

The real Queen of Pentacles

oh brilliant, i do feel this queen is in control and self-sufficient, this has proved it true :) i think she's the most independent of the queens, as she is the ultimate 'earth mama'. Thanks for your answer, i definitely need to have a look at that book! :)

Ethereal

I really don't have much to add as far as the queen of pentacles. I see her as what everyone else posted here. she , *can,* be the mistress card , at times. however, she is like the, *go to,* gal for me. always has that hot pot of stew on the stove, welcoming all to her door. and, can manage money quite well. love, love the, *comfortable slippers,* description. very apt I do think. thank you grizabella for post the link to that book! I just looked it up and am going to get a copy! self-sufficient earth mama..that is a kind of life I dream about...ahh..... ;)

Libra289

I really don't have much to add as far as the queen of pentacles. I see her as what everyone else posted here. she , *can,* be the mistress card , at times. however, she is like the, *go to,* gal for me. always has that hot pot of stew on the stove, welcoming all to her door. and, can manage money quite well. love, love the, *comfortable slippers,* description. very apt I do think. thank you grizabella for post the link to that book! I just looked it up and am going to get a copy! self-sufficient earth mama..that is a kind of life I dream about...ahh..... ;)

Haha, thank you! I think it relates to me mostly in the sense that I tend to be caring, but remain unemotional ... does that make sense? I do like to be independent and do everything for myself, but I suppose that it can be a negative thing sometimes and may scare people away so I'll bare that in mind! :)

Ethereal

yes, it makes total sense. I have a queen of pents friend who is VERY much like that description. she is VERY caring, yet can remain unemotional. however,when you need her, she is THERE in every sense of the word. food, listening ear, advice, emotional support without getting involved herself emotionally. she is I guess you could say, *loving, caring, but contained within herself.* very grounded. she is independent. can do for herself, due to life and all its twists and turns. however, SHE is the one there for others, always. perhaps it does scare some people, her independence, but I think its more welcoming than she knows. due to the fact that her independence is a source of refuge for others. if that makes sense.....

Libra289

yes, it makes total sense. I have a queen of pents friend who is VERY much like that description. she is VERY caring, yet can remain unemotional. however,when you need her, she is THERE in every sense of the word. food, listening ear, advice, emotional support without getting involved herself emotionally. she is I guess you could say, *loving, caring, but contained within herself.* very grounded. she is independent. can do for herself, due to life and all its twists and turns. however, SHE is the one there for others, always. perhaps it does scare some people, her independence, but I think its more welcoming than she knows. due to the fact that her independence is a source of refuge for others. if that makes sense.....

This makes so much sense, sometimes I feel like others lean on me too much yet wouldn't be able to support me if I shared my problems. I always seem to attract the emotionally needy, and it feels good to be able to nurture people ... but sometimes QoP needs a rock too :) anyway, slightly off topic but that's the earthy queen for you!

Ethereal

glad this resonated with you! as mentioned before I have a very close dear friend who the queen of pents description fits her so well. she is a comfort to alot of people. (and a GREAT cook). true nurturer, in queen of pentacles form. however, she is often alone, her own , *rock,* so to speak. seems she leans on herself many more times than on others; her independence. just a bit more added on. glad I helped with my input!