Ciro Marchetti Marseille-Inspired Deck

danieljuk

he also posted a video on Facebook and was discussing that it has Art Deco styling, like Fritz Lang's Metropolis art work and design style. The video is so gorgeous, I love Art Deco. It's my fave, if that is the theme I would get it for sure! :thumbsup: This is Ciro's video here, it's one minute of the promotion film of the deck as a preview. It shows no exact cards, just the style. You need to be friends on FB with Ciro or a friend of a friend of his to be able to view it. Sadly I can't find it outside of that or on Youtube. Intriguingly it says Tarot "blanked out word" in art deco font. The name is yet to be revealed :)

gregory

Well, I just asked him :) I shall wait with interest.

reall

I've seen that video! :) looks steampunkish to me!^^ I like! :)
@gregory u're best!^^ now we wait.... :))

gregory

ok, this is image I was talking about; http://gph.is/1Rmh9v1
DISCLAIMER NOTE; IT'S PROBABLY NOT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE!:))
SO PLEASE DON'T MAKE A FUSS! WE DON'T WANT CIRO GET UPSET BEFORE HE EVEN MAKE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT HERE!:)) LOLZ
but my guess is non illustrated pips would look something like this?:)) *H8rs gonna H8* topic!:))

I like!^^:)
OK - so - no, those images are NOTHING to do with it - they were cards he once thought of using for Tarot of Dreams and then decided not to; yes he is working on a sort of "homage to TdM" deck - he says it is sort of Art-Deco-ish. And it is very very much in the work in progress nowhere near ready to showcase stage.

You'll have to watch facebook, I guess :D (and tell me what it says }))

earthair

Oooooo this is the best news since the invention of sliced bread :D
I must read FB more often lest I sleep through important announcements such as this!

jema

OK - so - no, those images are NOTHING to do with it)

ok good, cause those cards didn't really feel like a Marseille to me. Will look forward to see when he posts some cards.

gregory

WELL, I was just told he posted on FB:

Sometime in the future. Marseilles symbolism, Art Deco style, and some personal “je ne sais quoi”

and also - I think those were TdM enough - but I really don't think, anyway, that TdM pip cards MUST all be sort of naked sticks and swords - and I am willing to bet Ciro's won't be... He's never been one for the deathly plain... :D (And I say that with approval - I like his work.)

Samweiss

I wasn't initially a fan of Ciro's, but after his Lenormand deck I have started to warm up to his art style. Interesting to see how this will turn out. I just hope that he won't include any people in the minors.

jema

WELL, I was just told he posted on FB:

and also - I think those were TdM enough - but I really don't think, anyway, that TdM pip cards MUST all be sort of naked sticks and swords - and I am willing to bet Ciro's won't be... He's never been one for the deathly plain... :D (And I say that with approval - I like his work.)

my problem was not that they were not plain like TdM, but rather that they were TOO plain, lacking in those tiny little ques that the best TdMs have, those looked just too generic and samey to me. But then again, just my opinion.