Favorite Deck for Business/Work-related Issues?

Sztar

I tend to use tarot for a lot of work-related questions--work relationships, how to deal with problem clients or colleagues, getting perspective on various challenges, etc. Does anyone have any decks they prefer for those kinds of issues? I'm looking for something with nice artwork with a RWS theme that is maybe more simple or less overtly spiritual. I guess I'm not sure what I'm looking for, which is why I'm asking for suggestions! Are there any other professional people on here who manage projects, etc, who use tarot to get perspective? I figure I can't be alone! Thanks in advance.

Also, P.S., its been forever since I've posted on here. Between having a baby, moving across the country, and having a lot of work challenges, I've been disconnected from the more pagan-y tarot-y aspects of myself lately. It's good to be back!

Scarlet Woodland

Hands down, for me that would be the Gilded. It just loves material matters :)

Welcome back!

Aeric

I use the Bright Idea deck. It was designed especially for work inspiration and challenges!

danieljuk

for me, The Housewives Tarot. It's Kitschy and 50's and I think not to everyone's style taste but I think it's great for material / business readings, especially the pentacles suit (which are dinner plates) and even has the stock market crashing etc. It's a sassy to the point deck and I think great for this area but I think you have to like the theming and work out the humour in the cards which can be quite biting.

Sztar

Thanks! These are great suggestions. I've heard of the Gilded Tarot. A lot of people really rave about it, so I'll check it out.

I haven't heard of the Bright Idea deck, but that might be exactly what I'm looking for. Something that has a slightly more material focus. Not that work issues aren't archetypal relationships playing themselves out to some extent, but sometimes the spiritual context isn't quite right.

The Housewives Tarot sounds fun, too. It might be a nice reminder not to take things so seriously. I'll check that out, too.

Bottom line: It's been WAY too long since I bought a new deck to play with!!

rwcarter

Bright Idea was also my first idea. The deck is OOP, but I don't think it's all that hard to find (HTF) or ridiculously expensive.

Rodney

Sztar

Yes, I looked up Bright Idea and found it through a seller on Amazon. This deck looks great for what I had in mind, so I placed an order. I love how he basically disguised a tarot deck as a deck of cards! I wonder how many marketing managers are unknowingly using tarot cards?

nisaba

I don't have a favourite myself, but this is interesting:-

When I read for clients, I let them pick the deck from about five laid out with the same Major card showing, so they can choose the artistic style they're most comfortable with.

I always have one of the Visconti decks, one of the Marseilles decks, a RW clone, the Grail Tarot (for the overly Christian-minded), and one other, which changes from day to day.

Clients who are overly concerned with work problems almost invariably choose whichever Marseille deck I have on the table. It's overwhelming, and it's been going on for at least fifteen years.

Edited to add: the partner of a friend of mine wandered over to where I was at work today, and immediately picked up the Classic Tarot (a Marseille) and thumbed through it as he passed the time of day. My first thought was "Oh, hello. In a day or two his partner will be ringing me about his latest work crisis." :)

HighPriestess

This is going to sound weird, but the Green Witch Tarot has a bunch of card meanings relating to careers and jobs. My nickname for it is "Career Advice for the Green Witch" because I noticed that a lot of the cards mentioned business, career, etc.

Disa

The Gilded is great for these types of issues, but I find myself using Ciro's other deck, the Legacy of the Divine for work-related things.