Deck ID

dannyboy8406

Ok, so I have read tarot "off and on" again for several years. I recently came across this deck, it was the second deck that I ever got and have never really used it, and I no longer have a box or companion book for it. All I can remember is that "Victorian" was in the name. Tried to google it and there is a ton of Victorian decks out there...so I was just wondering if anybody here recognized it.

Thanks for taking a look at it!

Attachments

• Photo Apr 28, 8 35 28 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 28, 8 35 28 PM.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 178

re-pete-a

To my knowledge the RWS deck is about early 1900's.

the Crowley's is after that about the 40's...

So I'd guess your deck would be after the 60's though the theme is Victorian it seems to be a clone of the RWS theme...

dannyboy8406

REALLY!?! Nice lol Like I said it was the second deck I ever got, I was a teenager and living at home. The bad thing about the whole Appalachian Mountains is also living in the "buckle" of the bible belt...needless to say my mother was quite religious, so I probably ended up disposing of the box and just lost the guidebook through time.

I've never used the deck, so the cards are in perfect condition. I got it because I thought it was pretty at the time but it just never really jived with me to use for readings. Wonder if I could trade it for a Victorian Romantic...at least part of the trade I'm sure its not worth anywhere near what a romantic deck is... have to think about it I guess.

Oh don't know why the pic is showing here upside down... here is the pic corrected: http://imgur.com/aIQvDV2

re-pete-a

I wouldn't take the date of manufacture as gospel...the cards bear resemblances to RWS images and as far as I can tell Pixie's were original ...from her head.

These cards are great visually but not entirely original themed...

I'm prepared to be wrong on this ....

Myrrha

REALLY!?! Nice lol Like I said it was the second deck I ever got, I was a teenager and living at home. The bad thing about the whole Appalachian Mountains is also living in the "buckle" of the bible belt...needless to say my mother was quite religious, so I probably ended up disposing of the box and just lost the guidebook through time.

I've never used the deck, so the cards are in perfect condition. I got it because I thought it was pretty at the time but it just never really jived with me to use for readings. Wonder if I could trade it for a Victorian Romantic...at least part of the trade I'm sure its not worth anywhere near what a romantic deck is... have to think about it I guess.

Oh don't know why the pic is showing here upside down... here is the pic corrected: http://imgur.com/aIQvDV2

It must be beautiful in the Appalachians. The Victoria Regina original (there was a Chinese printing later) has been out of print for years now. I believe it goes for a lot of money when copies change hands, more than $100. I am not sure what the print status of the Victorian Romantic is right now but I would look into it carefully before you arrange a trade. It might make more sense to sell your Victoria Regina on eBay and buy a Victorian Romantic with part of the proceeds. Someone here might know how to check how much the English language Victoria Regina has been going for on eBay recently.

Edit: OK, I figured out how to check. The most recent Victoria Regina copy sold for $135.50 but the few before that were between $73 and $95.

Michellehihi

It must be beautiful in the Appalachians. The Victoria Regina original (there was a Chinese printing later) has been out of print for years now. I believe it goes for a lot of money when copies change hands, more than $100. I am not sure what the print status of the Victorian Romantic is right now but I would look into it carefully before you arrange a trade. It might make more sense to sell your Victoria Regina on eBay and buy a Victorian Romantic with part of the proceeds. Someone here might know how to check how much the English language Victoria Regina has been going for on eBay recently.

Edit: OK, I figured out how to check. The most recent Victoria Regina copy sold for $135.50 but the few before that were between $73 and $95.
Barnes and noble website have it at $55

dannyboy8406

Nice! So about $100 on average. The Victorian Romantic was in its 2nd Edition and its OOP now also and I've seen copies of it go from $150-$400 depending on where you buy from. Thanks for looking at that, I had no idea how to really check...I've never sold anything on Ebay before :s

Oh and yes, the Southern Appalachians are absolutely beautiful: http://i.imgur.com/MIo7mU3.jpg

Le Fanu

If you're a member, you could offer it up in the Trading forum here - swap your Victoria Regina for a Victorian Romantic. I'm sure there'd be takers.

OR, if you really want to try with this one - you often see the Victoria Regina book on amazon and the like, much cheaper without the cards. That would help you get more familiar with its imagery