Mexican Loteria Card Riddles

DragonFae

Sure....I'll participate...:) :) :)

DragonFae

I SERIOUSLY need to get back to work on the riddles....so many things to do...and so little time...LOL

In the meantime I've giving away a tiny Mexican Loteria deck over at my blog...The Quest...if you're interested...I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this or not...I looked around and didnt see a place for blog giveaways....so if I'm breaking the rules just let me know and I'll remove it.

DragonFae

BUMP.....I want to get this list finished up...

kmartin60

Oh I cant wait to see the remainder of your interpretations! I hope you dont mind but have saved the ones you've already done...ducking head......

These wonderful cards/? definetly have a draw to them dont they?

K

DragonFae

I don't mind at all....that's why I post them....to share with others...:) Glad you like them...I really already have the interpretations for all of them but just haven't wirtten them down

Interesting note....over on Twitter I met someone from Mexico who researches Loteria cards....evidently there are different riddles based on the part of Mexico they are/were used in....very interesting....it is quite a cultural research history item ....who knew....

He/she...can't tell from name.... writes mostly in Spanish but I have checked out several of the sites and find it quite interesting...

DragonFae

Okay...I think I stopped typing the riddles/interpretations up at number 30....so here is 31-35. I know I know...I'm SLOW.

31 Las Jaras (The Arrows) Las jaras del indio Adan donde pegan dan. "The arrows of the Indian Adam where they are joined together.

Interpretations: Something is bound tightly, just as the arrows. This may be good or bad. OR The arrows are held tightly together (arrows weapons...so) the challenge in this situation is difficult, like a battle.

32. El Musico (The Musician) El musico trompa de hule, ya no me quiere tocar. "The muscian has oiled his horn; now he doesn't want to play for me."

Interpretations: Something you thought was going to happen is not going to. OR Someone is "acting" as if they are a certain way or going to help BUT they are deceiving you OR Sometimes we think/feel a certain way but then when the time comes we change our minds.

33. La Arana (The Spider) Atarmatamela a palos no me la dejes Hegar. "Stun it with blows; just don't let her get me."

Interpretations: Someone means you harm, be careful. OR You need to act, don't wait because waiting will put you at risk. OR this situation/person requires swift decisive action.

34. El Soldado (The Soldier) Uno, does y tres, el soldado p'al cuartel. "One. two, three, and the soldier goes to the barracks."

Interpretations: Doing things in an orderly fashion or following directions will be helpful. OR Someone in this situation is being rigid and following along without questioning. OR Sometimes doing what we know how to do is the only choice.

35. La Estrella (The Star) La guia de los marineros. "The sailor's guide"

Interpretations: Something or someone will guide you. OR You are lost, look for guidance OR There is hope and help available, you just need to recognize it.

Sorry...I have all the info...intrepretations that I have come up with... but I have neglected to type them up here....back later with the next five....

DragonFae

If you'd like the list 1-35. They are up over at my blog The Quest

http://lenormandquest.blogspot.com/

On a more serious note however, please do not publish them on other blogs or websites. Since they are my writings/work they are copyrighted. Linking to the page is the more suitable manner of sharing them. You may use them for your own personal use of course. Thanks.

DragonFae

36. El Cazo The Melting Pot El cazo que te hago es poco. The attention I pay you is little.

Interpretations: You are missing something important. Pay attention OR Don't let things get to you, ignore them. OR You are feeling ignored in this situation. OR This is not important

37. El Mundo The World Este mundo es una bola y nosotros un bolon. The world is a sphere and we a foundation.

Interpretations: Everything in the world/siuation is inter-related. OR You must be strong, the foundation of this situation. OR Look to the foundation or the beginning of this situation.

38. El Apache The Apache (thug) Ay chihuahua! Cuanto apache con pantalon y huarache? Oh my goodness! How many thugs there are with trousers and sandals?

Interpretations: You are surround by danger or problems. OR There are people involved in this that can not be trusted.

39. El Nopal The Cactus Al que todos van a ver cuando tiene que comer. To which all go to see when they have to eat.

Interpretations: You know what you have to do to get what you need. OR There is a source of help for you.

40. El Alacran The Scorpion.. El que con la cola pica. He that bites with his tail.

Interpretations: Someone is about to stab you in the back/betray you OR There is danger about. OR Caution

Lee

Hi DragonFae, just want to say thanks for posting these, I know it's a lot of work! I'm making a Word document of them, and I'm looking forward to the rest, whenever you can find the time.

DragonFae

Thanks for the kind words Lee. Fourteen more to go and we will have the whole deck!!!!