General Oracles Study Group Week 10

DragonFae

I know I'm starting this mid week....but hope we can all get it in by Sunday, if not whenever you can. :) :) I just felt a NEED to get our study group going again, now that December is behind us! For any new people that would like to join in...please feel free to.!!

WEEK TEN: Create a Motto for the Month

Creating a Motto: This week you will randomly select three cards after shuffling the deck and think about what your motto for the month should be.

Look at the three cards, reflect on them and create a simple motto for the month based on them. Post it here. At the end of the month we can reflect and post again about how our motto played out.

Example: The Pook & Singer of Intuition & Myk the Myomancer

Motto: There is no paradox, the messages seek your intuition.

I look forward to hearing everyone's. I think for the new year I will use a different deck. I will be using Wisdom from the Hidden Realms for the first few months of 2013.

GryffinSong

This sounds like fun. :)

I still can't find my Druid plant and animal oracles, so I'm going to use something a little different (but at least the artist is the same).

I took my Wildwood Tarot and removed all but six of the cards with people in them. This leaves me with 45 cards. All trimmed, so I have no idea what most of them would be as tarot. I'm using it as an oracle. :)

GryffinSong

Trimmed, 45-card "oracle" from the Wildwood.

Wolf howling at the moon
Stone monolith
Swan boat under full moon

The quiet, ancient stone within is our center. When deep within that stillness, we are free to bay at the full moon, to travel to our dearest dreams, and reach the fullness of our beings.

Motto (affirmation) for January: I will center myself in stillness, in order to reach my most authentic, whole self.

DragonFae

January Motto

Here's what I came up with.

Cards from Wisdom from the Hidden Realms

The Lady of the Gift
The Lady of Lightening
The Prison Waif

Time for a paradigm shift, too much generosity can cause poverty.

I am thinking of this from a giving (spiritual or taking care of others) rather than actual money giving.

So in other words...it's time to remember that over giving creates a great imbalance and makes one feel like the Prison Waif...prisoner of their own giving.

krystalkitty

January Motto

Nice to see the study group back it is so useful for me as I need to get to know these decks better. So I have used the power decks as this is calling a bit stronger to me at the moment.

Power Animals

Wow these cards seemed to have a pretty clear message

Black Panther- Passion- Follow your passion
Giraffe- Foresight- You are able to see what is ahead for your future
Beaver- Productiveness- Go ahead and just do it

So the motto here is

Dont hang about you know what has to be done just get on and make it happen

This is so true for me so many plans are made this month but no action to put them into practice this sits well.

2dogs

I'm glad to see we're back on track again after the break. :)

Earth Magic cards -

Fire
Whale
DNA

The image on the last relates to the "Journey Through The Chakras" meditation CD I got a couple of weeks ago, so my motto is

"I will put in the effort to reach a higher level of consciousness".

steamwings

Nice to see this study group again, it's very useful and insightful for me, too. I'm still clinging to my Heart of Faerie Oracle, will change it as soon as my Enchanted Map will arrive.

The Pan - start a new journey.
The Dreaming - remember your dreams in the darkest hour.
The Smith - work can't be done by itself.

These cards resonates with me so deep. I don't know if it's clear for everyone but for me here is the plan to do this month: "Put aside your fears, follow your dreams and work harder to achieve it". Love this motto already.

DragonFae

Wow...every one seems to be getting great mottos for the month...what a great way to start off the new year!

stardusting

I did this a day late, but really liked the idea - and needed more ideas for ways to work with my deck.

Deck: The Clow

Cards drawn: The Flower, The Wave & The Return

The Flower says to me of a peaceful, light happiness. The petals falling about her also remind me of calming, refreshing breezes - but this was a later idea, after I'd thought I'd finished.

The Wave I see as a rush of great emotion. Other ideas - powerful, and something that is nearly impossible to fight - but a good ally if you work with its strength rather than against it.

The Return is a retrospective and bittersweet card. It reminds you of the happiness of your past, with the understanding that the past is the past, and what was true then is not going to be completely true now. It's the acceptance of things being behind you, but also the appreciation that they happened to you at all.

From the three of them, I believe the motto for this year will be something like:

"Happiness and all of joy's strength comes when the past is appreciated but not clung to."

Except worded more eloquently. It's amazing how meanings flow so smoothly in the mind, but don't actually use words to convey those meanings!

2dogs

Good to see someone new joining in - welcome to the study group :)