Storing the faeries

cjtarot

Bags, Bags, Bags

Well we just couldn't find the right bag, so they told me that maybe the black velvet would work until we found the "perfect" one.

I have the Faerie Oracle on my I want list...it will be my 1st Oracle.

The great bag hunt.....I take my cards to the largest material store in CT and go to town...we try silks, velvet, cotton...it's amazing..how the right bag (material) for the right deck is so important.

I sew and if anyone is in a bind, finds the right material and has no way to have the bag made..let me know..I may be able to help.

PS..My new deck Connolly is in a velvet embossed bag with a faerie sitting in a rose arber..I took a gold paint pen and highlighted the faeries wings, gown and the 1 flower she is holding..IT JUST SAID CONNOLLY HIGH PRIESTESS.

Good hunting..Now I want the oracle more than ever...lol

cj

suzyspellbound

I just got my Oracle. I made this bag for it, it is in inspired by card no. 18 the Lady of the harvest, it is the card I identfy with most and the artwork I was instantly attracted to! Its not perfect but its rustick and cosy, like Autmn.

Attachments

• fae3.jpg
    fae3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 491

Jimilyn

Suzy,

What a beautiful bag you made for your deck. Thanks for sharing the story and picture.

Hugs,
Jimilyn

Little Baron

Your bag

That was such a nice bag you made. I wasn't sure what to expect as I only bought my oracle today and havn't made any friends as yet, but the colours are beautiful. I couldn't imagine your cards feeling at home anywhere else! Nice to see one of the 'homes' that has been described.

Yaboot

faunabay

OK I finally found the right bag for them!!!
I don't know if you remember but I posted that they'd "live with" LOL a black velvet bag with different colored sparkles on it - just!! until I could find the right one.
Well I did!!!
Yesterday I got a bag that's a creamy yellow color with gold metallic dragonflies on it!! They weren't even with me when I saw it but I could hear them all the way at home yelling that they wanted it!!! ROFL
They were soooo happy with it once I got home that they didn't even want me to draw a card before I went to bed - like I always do. They ALL wanted to stay in the bag last night partying!!!! :D LOL

Jewel

~Giggles~ but Faunabay, they were with you *LOL* ... you only thought you left them at home :D ... I am so glad they finally chose their bag. Sounds lovely ... where did you get it? was it too expensive? sounds like something I would like *LOL*

faunabay

Jewel said:
~Giggles~ but Faunabay, they were with you *LOL* ... you only thought you left them at home :D ... I am so glad they finally chose their bag. Sounds lovely ... where did you get it? was it too expensive? sounds like something I would like *LOL*

I found it at a local metaphysical store. And it was only $10!! :D
Actually I did think of you when I saw it - after hearing the faeries yelling in my mind!! I think you'd like it as much as the faeries do!!! ROFL

Jewel

faunabay said:
I think you'd like it as much as the faeries do!!! ROFL

Ohhhhhhhhh ... do you think I would fit in it? ~giggles~ ... If there is another one at your metaphysical store we must play lets make a deal! ;) ... I think I have something you might be interested in! ... I would tell you what it is ofcourse ... but it would spoil the fun! *ROFLMAO*

faunabay

Jewel said:
Ohhhhhhhhh ... do you think I would fit in it? ~giggles~ ... If there is another one at your metaphysical store we must play lets make a deal! ;) ... I think I have something you might be interested in! ... I would tell you what it is ofcourse ... but it would spoil the fun! *ROFLMAO*

Well now, they did have more than one......I guess (big sigh) I could go back to this horrible, horrible metaphysical store (you know how I hate them!!) and see if they have one left!!! (giant sigh!!) and you know I do NOT like surprises at all!!!

**ROFLMAO**

OK, I can't stand it anymore!! I LOVE surprises and metaphysical stores!!! :D I'd absolutely love to go back and see if they have one left for you Jewel!!! Back to the metaphysical store I go!! mmmmwwwwhhhhhaaaaa!!!!! LOL

Jewel

faunabay said:
OK, I can't stand it anymore!! I LOVE surprises and metaphysical stores!!! :D I'd absolutely love to go back and see if they have one left for you Jewel!!! Back to the metaphysical store I go!! mmmmwwwwhhhhhaaaaa!!!!! LOL

~giggles~ YAY!!!!! You tell me when you are sending me my bag, and I will send you your surprise ... if it is the wrong one (you will know when you get it) send it back I will send the other something I think you want instead ;) ... this is so fun ~giggles madly~ ... something tells me that the faeries are afoot!