Family cards ?

Sharla

I personally associate family with House for people in my home and people Close to home, this could be a close friend etc.
And lilys would be my other card for other family members, and also bear as a mother, father.

But Tree I don't get why this is classed also as a family card, 3 family cards , why ?

I've came across Tree a few times online and on old threads on here to represent family.

Just wondered what other people use as the family card and why ?

Lee

But Tree I don't get why this is classed also as a family card, 3 family cards , why ?
Because a genealogical chart looks like a tree - and it's even called a "family tree." :)

Sharla

Because a genealogical chart looks like a tree - and it's even called a "family tree." :)

Yes I can see this as I've thought "family tree" before, but then that would be 3 family cards :confused: so in a reading how are you supposed to know which is referring family ?

MissNine

Tree is karmic and has roots. Also Lily, as it speaks to longevity.

Sharla

Yes your replys make sense to do with roots and lilys I suppose makes sense.

So maybe I should not be using house as a family card then, and just use house as just the home you live in and not the people living in it.

Also what would be the difference between family members in both lily and tree ?

Would lilys be the more mature members I.e grandparents and Tree be the rest of the family ?

Teheuti

I use House as housemates (sharing quarters); secondarily to the physical house, small buildings, property, etc. Occasionally it can refer to one's body.

I see Tree, after health, as lineage. It seems to point to DNA - inherited or genetic traits.

Lilies is my main "family" card but can also refer to virtue, peace and sometimes father.

Bear can be those who stand "in loco parentis" - in place of the parents like officials, mentors and bosses or simply "parental," and sometimes mother.

Bouquet can be female relatives. Child - a child or children.

It's good to have several cards that represent a topic as each lends their own nuance. In a GT it alllows one to see how a topic develops over time and follow different influences on the theme.

Sharla

I use House as housemates (sharing quarters); secondarily to the physical house, small buildings, property, etc. Occasionally it can refer to one's body.

I see Tree, after health, as lineage. It seems to point to DNA - inherited or genetic traits.
Yes this helps me in understanding tree as family, with the DNA suggestion, like your roots (roots of the tree) so where you come from
Lilies is my main "family" card but can also refer to virtue, peace and sometimes father.
I find it hard associating lilys with family as it sometimes comes up for me as sexual, i do relate it to an older person a male, so yes a father or just someone who's very wise and mature for their age
Bear can be those who stand "in loco parentis" - in place of the parents like officials, mentors and bosses or simply "parental," and sometimes mother.
Yes bear i do use as a mother or father sometimes or just someone who is very protective of you
Bouquet can be female relatives. Child - a child or children.
Interesting you relate bouquet with female relatives, i need to take note of this as ive never known this card to represent a child/female relative
It's good to have several cards that represent a topic as each lends their own nuance. In a GT it alllows one to see how a topic develops over time and follow different influences on the theme.

Teheuti

Interesting you relate bouquet with female relatives, i need to take note of this as ive never known this card to represent a child/female relative
Bouquet is the Queen of Spades. I should have said adult female relatives. It would only be a child if modifying the Child card.

I only use the Kings and Queens as people if it really seems appropriate. It just seemed worth mentioning.

I see Lilies as conventional sex - something that's supposed to bring harmony between lovers and marrieds (depending on the question and what srrounds the card). I go along with Whip for everything ranging from "recreational" sex and one-night-stands to BDSM or worse (depending on the question and what surrounds the card).

Sharla

Bouquet is the Queen of Spades. I should have said adult female relatives. It would only be a child if modifying the Child card.

I only use the Kings and Queens as people if it really seems appropriate. It just seemed worth mentioning.

I see Lilies as conventional sex - something that's supposed to bring harmony between lovers and marrieds (depending on the question and what srrounds the card). I go along with Whip for everything ranging from "recreational" sex and one-night-stands to BDSM or worse (depending on the question and what surrounds the card).

Would Bouquet always come up for an adult female relative ? Or could it ever be just a female woman ?

Teheuti

Would Bouquet always come up for an adult female relative ? Or could it ever be just a female woman ?
Could just be a female woman. We just happened to be talking about family here. It's more likely to speak of gifts, invitations, beauty and pleasure.

House, as the King of Hearts, could be male head-of-household, or man-of-the-house, although it's not very often seen as a person.