Cross

kalliope

Interesting concept you have here regarding the Cross.

So a card before Cross is weakened or ended by the Cross ? Ive been reading it differently, i thought the cards before the Cross were just classed as unavoidable as it was in the hands of fate.

Hmmmm! :(

I first saw this way of reading the Cross on Chanah's blog a few years ago. The card before the Cross will become less important to the querent and less of a focus, and the card after it will gain importance or focus. There's still usually a painful tinge to it all, though.

AndyBC also teaches this.

Sharla

I first saw this way of reading the Cross on Chanah's blog a few years ago. The card before the Cross will become less important to the querent and less of a focus, and the card after it will gain importance or focus. There's still usually a painful tinge to it all, though.

AndyBC also teaches this.

Okay so Book + Cross would be a secret but one that is not too much to worry about.

And Cross + book would be a very significant secret that is very important.

So what about all the doom and gloom i believed the Cross brought with it ?

I think im more confused now, as before if i was reading these example combinations, i would read ...

Book + Cross = A secret that your just never going to find out as its not meant to be known, its fate its meant to be a secret.

Cross + Book = A secret that when found out brings a lot of sorrow and difficulties with it that will be hard to deal with.

kalliope

So what about all the doom and gloom i believed the Cross brought with it ?

I think im more confused now, as before if i was reading these example combinations, i would read ...

Book + Cross = A secret that your just never going to find out as its not meant to be known, its fate its meant to be a secret.

Cross + Book = A secret that when found out brings a lot of sorrow and difficulties with it that will be hard to deal with.

You don't have to adopt this concept for the Cross if you don't care for it, remember. Personally, I don't often use the before and after thing. When I do, it's when it's between two cards, not just in a 2-card combo. I just wanted to point out that the method monisina mentioned has been around a while and that some respected teachers use it, that's all. :)

I think your suggestions above seem good! As for the pain & suffering & general unpleasantness, I tend to see it as there, coloring the combinations, no matter what -- although with a varying degree of severity, of course. I've never seen it as positive, but it's definitely not always dire.

In a daily reading like you mentioned in your original post, it's likely to be something relatively minor! Like something unexpected (Book) causing you to feel put-upon, overwhelmed, or upset (Cross). If one is in school or in training, one's studies (Book) could become burdensome (Cross). Cross can be a trial or test, so Book-Cross could be an exam one must pass. Etc, etc.

Keslynn

For me, Cross will often show up in my dailies as work that I don't want to do but has to be done. It's a sign that I'll have to slog through boring or unpleasant tasks. As kalliope said, it doesn't have to be dire but it's not positive either.

Sharla

The examples i gave were not daily readings, they were just random cards i had put together to give an example of what i meant.

I understand how daily readings work now with lenormand and don't even bother with them anymore, unless i just want to for practise.

Cross for me in a daily reading could even mean me going to a store called "Cross" they're so literal lol.

DownUnderNZer

There are probably 7 cards in the Lenormand that are "negative" with the "Cross" being one of them.

However, the CROSS is not to the same extreme as COFFIN or even MICE.

Negatives: Tears and upsets, finding no answers to situations, or trying to get absolution where there is none.

If it was a "person" then someone that suffers physical/mental pain and who is rather sickly.

Positives: Religious or spiritual.

It all depends on the question.

I got it once when someone was asking about a new man she met and I took it as him being deeply religious as the other cards around it were positive. It came out not much later that he was something along the lines of Orthodox Catholic I think.

Could even mean priest/spiritualist if one were looking at a profession or way of life. :)

Has Cross every been a positive for you in a reading?
I got, recently, Cross in one of my readings for the day. To me it represented my mental state, how I felt. I felt really preoccupied with something personal in my life.
But it was all in my head. I thought that was represented by Mice.
Any thoughts?

Sharla

There are probably 7 cards in the Lenormand that are "negative" with the "Cross" being one of them.

However, the CROSS is not to the same extreme as COFFIN or even MICE.

Negatives: Tears and upsets, finding no answers to situations, or trying to get absolution where there is none.

If it was a "person" then someone that suffers physical/mental pain and who is rather sickly.

Positives: Religious or spiritual.

It all depends on the question.

I got it once when someone was asking about a new man she met and I took it as him being deeply religious as the other cards around it were positive. It came out not much later that he was something along the lines of Orthodox Catholic I think.

Could even mean priest/spiritualist if one were looking at a profession or way of life. :)

Yes i understand what you mean about it depending on the question as to what it would be suggesting.

Even though this is not my thread ive started but it is a problem i have had with Cross myself, which is after reading conflicting information online and in books.

Decided im just going to go with the one that suits me best, which is going to be Andy b's method which is "Whatever is to the Cross's left is diminished and becomes less important. Whatever is to the right becomes more important and gains strength."

But then im confused about if you have Cross + mice because mice is supposed to destroy what is to the left. So would this then lessen the effects of the Cross ?

DownUnderNZer

Well, if it was CROSS followed by SUN or KEY, the CROSS pales next to them and has less of a dire meaning.

Solutions and positive outcomes with those kind of cards next to it on the right side. ;)

Yes i understand what you mean about it depending on the question as to what it would be suggesting.

Even though this is not my thread ive started but it is a problem i have had with Cross myself, which is after reading conflicting information online and in books.

Decided im just going to go with the one that suits me best, which is going to be Andy b's method which is "Whatever is to the Cross's left is diminished and becomes less important. Whatever is to the right becomes more important and gains strength."

But then im confused about if you have Cross + mice because mice is supposed to destroy what is to the left. So would this then lessen the effects of the Cross ?

Padma

The Cross for me usually comes up as something fated, or even something I have planned. For instance, if I plan to go somewhere in the afternoon, Cross will come up.

ETA it keeps coming up with my new pup, along with Child, Bouquet, Heart. So I think it is a fated love, a karmic love :) I just haven't ever have it come up as a lot of pain. I know that is what it is supposed to mean, but it never seems to mean that in my cards. So the person here who said it can be work that has to be done, I can see, that, the work that has to be done with a puppy, and is beneath all the joy and the rest. But I don't see it as "omg my puppy will cause me horrible pain and grief". (!)

Sharla

The Cross for me usually comes up as something fated, or even something I have planned. For instance, if I plan to go somewhere in the afternoon, Cross will come up.

ETA it keeps coming up with my new pup, along with Child, Bouquet, Heart. So I think it is a fated love, a karmic love :) I just haven't ever have it come up as a lot of pain. I know that is what it is supposed to mean, but it never seems to mean that in my cards. So the person here who said it can be work that has to be done, I can see, that, the work that has to be done with a puppy, and is beneath all the joy and the rest. But I don't see it as "omg my puppy will cause me horrible pain and grief". (!)

Yes that makes sense that if Cross is amongst good positive cards that it is fated and meant to be. So then if amongst negative, bad cards it would be amplifying the situation making things 10 times worst.

So if you had Cross amongst Coffin + Tree i would say this means your really really depressed and somethings terribly wrong.

Or Cross amongst Say Bouquet + Garden i would say this invitation to a party was fated and meant to be.

Yes i think im getting it now, its just the placement of the Cross if its in the middle, i'm not quite getting.

Say we have Heart + Cross + Mice, with heart and mice im seeing a troubled love situation due to someone being too needy and clingy, but then with Cross bang in the middle what is this doing to both cards, i don't know ? Because we have a positive card to the left and a negative card to the right so would this just be classed as what Heart + Mice are showing, that your losing your lover due to your behavior so with Cross this relationship is doomed and beyond repair ?