STS Lenormand

pickled pixie

Hi peeps! I am thinking of getting this deck but with postage it is going to work out pretty expensive, so I want to make sure it's good quality card stock etc. Does anyone have this deck and if so what are your thoughts on it? :)

greatdane

I have it and I like most of the images BUT...

OK, you can see images online, so I will just address the card stock and printing.

I call it my Pringles deck, because the cards curl slightly inward. The stock isn't great for me, it's not bad, it's the curling that bothers me.

The printing. I noticed spots wearing on the deck where the printing was wearing off within no more than two weeks of getting and shuffling. I shuffle decks to get used to them. The printing on the edges and fronts and backs (although the back isn't as noticeable) just started to wear.

I got a great deal on it in trades, so I'm not sorry I have it, but it is one of the worst quality, in terms of printing especially, I ever got. I still use it sometimes, but not a fav.

The printing looked good...til I shuffled much with it.

Perhaps others had a different experience.

I hope this helps.

garmonbozia

It's from Printers Studio, so it's the same quality as all of their decks. Probably the most common printer used for independent publishing of Lenormand decks.

greatdane

While that may be, Garmonbozia...

I have never had a deck where the stock felt quite like this and curled or that the print wore so easily and quickly. I can only state my experience. I do quite like the images of the deck, but the stock and printing, not as much.

Village Witch

I so appreciate your review, GD. My favorite decks are ones with good quality card stock and ease of shuffling. The artwork is secondary.

pickled pixie

Thanks for the heads up! I think I'll give this one a miss....shame as the images are lovely but I don't need another deck where the print wears off :(

Nina*

I really like this deck and haven't had any problems with the quality of the printing or the cardstock.

Very beautiful.

greatdane

I'm glad, Nina*

I do especially like the backgrounds and how they pull the deck together. Mine has kind of grayish "marble" backgrounds with STS in the middle. I don't know if there was more than one printing or something changed. I can only speak to the one I have. I am happy you didn't have any issues. I also like the images.

garmonbozia

I really like this deck and haven't had any problems with the quality of the printing or the cardstock.

Very beautiful.

I've no issues with my deck either and it is my most heavily used deck by far.

greatdane, the decks come from a print on demand service (Printers Studio) so really, each deck is its own "printing".

garmonbozia

greatdane,

last night i went through all my boxes of cards (most of my decks are boxed up right now while I finish house renovations) to refresh my memory on which versions of Lenormand decks I did or didn't have.

I noticed the curling you mention on several decks where the artist used PrinterStudio. I have some decks where the cards are curling in a consistent manner (like your Pringles deck) but I have some others where different cards are curling in different ways making them horrible to stack.

It's very disappointing and makes me not want to buy decks from PrinterStudio anymore.

I've not had issues with any of the ink wearing on any of the decks like you mention. I also don't have manjor curling issues with my STS deck, but probably because I use it often. Not sure what to do about some of these other decks though. I'll probably try flattening out the cards in some heavy books.