Dog in a GT...a dog or friend or adjective?

MissNine

Hi all. I've started learning the lennies and realized People's dogs might appear in readings. Is there a way you immediately tell that the dog is a pet versus human friend? Maybe if the family card of House or if the Child card is one of the 8 cards surrounding the Dog card? Or if the dog sits in the house of the dog, house or child?

Padma

I think if Dog sits in house of Child or comes up with it, it can certainly be a dog. I have had dogs come up as Child/Dog, Dog/Bear, Fox/Bear, and once, notably, as Man/Bear :D LOL!

Bear alone (chubby dog, or a large dog), and even Fox/Child can be dogs in a reading.

Barleywine

The situation hasn't come up in any of my readings yet, so I will be interested in seeing the responses as well. But I did have an interesting experience with it. I was reading for my sister-in-law, who had never seen a Lenormand deck before. She took one look at the Dog with a leash in its mouth in the Gilded Reverie and said, "Oh, look, he wants to go out! Maybe he has to "go." No question it was a dog for her :)

Amanda

The situation hasn't come up in any of my readings yet, so I will be interested in seeing the responses as well. But I did have an interesting experience with it. I was reading for my sister-in-law, who had never seen a Lenormand deck before. She took one look at the Dog with a leash in its mouth in the Gilded Reverie and said, "Oh, look, he wants to go out! Maybe he has to "go." No question it was a dog for her :)

I had nearly that same reaction when looking at the card, only it came across to me as a supportive friend saying Take the lead.. and so that is kind of how that particular card from the Reverie comes across to me now -- as support and even encouragement.

Can't say I've had much experience with pets in Lenormand though MissNine! I too, will be interested in seeing what responses you get here. :)

MissNine

I think if Dog sits in house of Child or comes up with it, it can certainly be a dog. I have had dogs come up as Child/Dog, Dog/Bear, Fox/Bear, and once, notably, as Man/Bear :D LOL!

Bear alone (chubby dog, or a large dog), and even Fox/Child can be dogs in a reading.

I will be writing these tips in my book! Thank you!

monisina

Hi all. I've started learning the lennies and realized People's dogs might appear in readings. Is there a way you immediately tell that the dog is a pet versus human friend? Maybe if the family card of House or if the Child care is one of the 8 cards surrounding the Dog card? Or if the dog sits in the house of the dog, house or child?

Dog card meaning can be also the Support, the Help, someone who offering you help or support, the Son, July and also something long-terming.
With negative cards around = someone will be not here for you when you need or disloyality
As additive with person card except of friendly or helping attitude can be also someone who you have already know - opposite to Book card (someone/something you dont know about).
Even some readers claim that Dog card describe your lover if you are married.
In the combo with Child = son or truthfulness or new begining supported by friends or short-term loyality.
House + Dog = living here for a long time

MissNine

Dog card meaning can be also the Support, the Help, someone who offering you help or support, the Son, July and also something long-terming.
With negative cards around = someone will be not here for you when you need or disloyality
As additive with person card except of friendly or helping attitude can be also someone who you have already know - opposite to Book card (someone/something you dont know about).
Even some readers claim that Dog card describe your lover if you are married.
In the combo with Child = son or truthfulness or new begining supported by friends or short-term loyality.
House + Dog = living here for a long time

Thank you for listing all of these possible combos. It really helps me out in learning all of the possible associations. I find it difficult to know when there's a person or a dog though. And since I own a dog, even if the Dog card sits next to my card, it gets tricky.

And just for fun...

Dog + Man = Alpha dog (heehee)... I guess it could be Dog + Key
Dog + Garden = Dog park, dog party (hey, people treat their dogs like people sometimes...wouldn't bee too much of a stretch), Doggy dating/courting
Dog + Mice = Fleas!!!
Dog + Whip = Someone's a barker...or a yipper
Dog + House = House Dog, dog kennel :-(
Dog + Rider= Fast dog (greyhound?), new dog
Dog + Child = Puppy!
Dog + Bear = Mama dog
Dog + Heart + Snake = Clearly, this would be a doggy love affair ;-) Snout - crossed lovers, etc., Unless tree nearby...then health related, of course
Dog + Ship + House + Tree + Scythe + Child = Dog goes to vet and gets spayed/neutered :-(

MissNine

Fox/Bear, and once, notably, as Man/Bear :D LOL!

Padma,
Why Fox-Bear? This is interesting. Is it representing a certain cunning or hunting type dog?
I've read of Fox-Tree to mean a vet as well. What do you think?

I like the Man-Dog...as you see above, I added my own um...interpretation. It's a bit late over here...might be a little slap happy. ;-)

Padma

I had read in one of my Lennie books that Fox/Bear can mean fur, a fur coat, or a furry animal :) I could see Fox being a male vet, yes! And I laughed at your Alpha Male dog description :laugh:! I can totally see it :)

MissNine

I had read in one of my Lennie books that Fox/Bear can mean fur, a fur coat, or a furry animal :) I could see Fox being a male vet, yes! And I laughed at your Alpha Male dog description :laugh:! I can totally see it :)

Haha! Glad you liked it.

I totally understand the bear fox combo now! thank you.