13 O'clock spread

The Enchanter

I made up my own spread late one night in bed. It's a 13 card spread and a very flexable one too. Before you lay down a card you ask a question related to the main question. This goes on for the first 12 cards. The spread looks like a clock...

**************12***********
***********11*****1*******
*********10*********2******
*********9****13****3******
**********8********4*******
***********7******5********
***************6************

Well, I tried!
Anyway. The 13th card is the final outcome of the situation. And you can't pull the cards off te top of the deck. Well, you can, but thats not how i did it. Spread the deck as you wish and choose the cards that feel rght for each question (cards 1-12). If you need more info. Or if you want to call me a dork because you think it is (or i am) stupid. Please do post!!

bunnyhop

nice spread. seems like a great way to get a lot of information about one idea. are there any particular questions that have their own positions within the spread?

The Enchanter

No. There isn't any special meaning to any spots. but if you want to look at it as the first 4 is past then 5-8 is present and 9-12 is future. 13 is final outcome. That would work. As i said. It's very flexable.

Lethann

I know this is an old thread, but it's pretty scary that I had the same idea for a spread pop into my head while trying to get to sleep a couple nights ago. A few significant differences though.

Mine isn't telling about a specific question or situation, but represents the current cycle in the life of the subject. Card one typically being the beginning of the cycle, card twelve being the end, unless a card signifying a major cycle change appears elsewhere in the wheel (ie Fool, Death, World, etc).

For card thirteen I normally pick out the signifier for the subject of the reading picked out at the beginning of the spread. But, if they don't have one will then deal the card last and that shows the overall situation of the cycle.

Currently have it uploaded on the Orphalease Tarot Zone for anyone who has the program: "Cycle of Life"

Min-no-ko

Have you tried reshuffling the card after every one you lay out? If not, do you think it would work?

I consecrated my cards recently and now they seem to want to get dirty and clogged a lot, so I don't really want to spread them out, but I think drawing them off the top of the deck after changing the question would confuse them/me/whatever talks to me through them.

The Enchanter

Min-no-ko said:
Have you tried reshuffling the card after every one you lay out? If not, do you think it would work?

I consecrated my cards recently and now they seem to want to get dirty and clogged a lot, so I don't really want to spread them out, but I think drawing them off the top of the deck after changing the question would confuse them/me/whatever talks to me through them.

Well, I never draw from the top, I feel like it gives me a more opportunity for the forces to speak through me by presenting the entire deck spread out in front of me, but it's all preference. It you feel that the deck needs to be shuffle before drawing for each question than definitely do it. Always draw from the cards the way you feel they should be drawn, however they speak to you.