The Tarot of the Golden Serpent (split from Tarot Decks thread)

stalkinghyena

rwcarter said:
Do you have any idea yet whether the Minors will be as image-rich/image dense as the Majors? I'm patient.... But only to a point! :laugh:

Fair Warning Alert:
Once the Majors are done, you might be getting a kinder and gentler nudge from me to produce a Majors-only version of the deck!

Rodney

The Minors will be on smaller canvases, so I the level of detail will likely be proportional. They'll still be elaborate, but not as packed with symbolism. I've played with the Aces and some court cards so far, but I haven't decided if the 2 through 10's will be 'situational' (as in Waite) or closer to the GD model.
Once the Majors are done I will see about actual production, but to be honest I'm inexperienced in this area. One thing at a time, I suppose.:)

rwcarter

Apparently Strength has been labeled as "mature art" cause deviantArt is telling me I need to become a member to see the image.

Rodney

Grigori

rwcarter said:
Apparently Strength has been labeled as "mature art" cause deviantArt is telling me I need to become a member to see the image.

Rodney

That's pretty standard, no one has breasts on deviantArt :D

I've attached a copy of the image for non-deviants, if you'd prefer it only on deviantArt stalkinghyena let me know and I'll remove this.

Attachments

• VIII_Strength_by_stalkinghyena.jpg
    VIII_Strength_by_stalkinghyena.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 86

stalkinghyena

rwcarter said:

Rodney

Sorry about that, Rodney. I'm toying with the idea of creating a separate blog site where I can show the images without worrying about conforming to DA's type of format. :)

stalkinghyena

Grigori said:
That's pretty standard, no one has breasts on deviantArt :D

I've attached a copy of the image for non-deviants, if you'd prefer it only on deviantArt stalkinghyena let me know and I'll remove this.

It's perfectly all right with me:)
I'm just thankful people can see my work.

rwcarter

Thanks Grigori!

stalkinghyena, yet another WOW card with so much going on (in a good way) that I don't even know where to begin. The interpretive possibilities of the cards I've seen so far are just blowing my mind.

You're probably going to get tired of me saying this, but :thumbsup: yet again!

Rodney

truelighth

Thanks for the posting of the card, Grigori. And wow, that card is awesome!!! I love it. Really powerfull and yes, full of STRENGTH :D.

I do think it is kinda silly for deviantArt to say this is mature just because of a couple of breasts. I have seen way more mature images. And this art should be seen by everyone, it is great! :thumbsup:

stalkinghyena

rwcarter said:
You're probably going to get tired of me saying this, but :thumbsup: yet again!

Rodney

I find it encouraging, so thanks! The Hermit will be ready soon, hopefully next week. I give the WOF about a month. Then there might be a long silence while I compose the next ones. They are still just pencil lines, but they will come. If I can summon some more Strength, I will set to work on explaining my dense symbolism, and post links. :)

stalkinghyena

truelighth said:
Thanks for the posting of the card, Grigori. And wow, that card is awesome!!! I love it. Really powerfull and yes, full of STRENGTH :D.

I do think it is kinda silly for deviantArt to say this is mature just because of a couple of breasts. I have seen way more mature images. And this art should be seen by everyone, it is great! :thumbsup:

Thanks from me as well, Grigori.

Just a note, DA gives me the censorship option, and I try to steer the safest course. I've seen some works banned, where others of comparable taste and even subject are praised - hints at a double standard which I want to avoid running into at all costs. I would guess the majority of viewers on DA are underage, and the last thing I want is someone decrying my work because I do not find spiritualty in conflict with the human body.