Suitable bag?

Aura Wolf

I'm on the brink of purchasing the Faeries Oracle, but I've run out of shirts to hack up! So I've been looking at bags online. From what I have seen of the cards, a lot of them are sort of silvery-blue and earth tones. I was thinking of getting a solid-colour velvet bag for them. What colour would you suggest is most suitable for this deck?

Note: I'm trying to steer away from blue because of all my acquired decks thus-far most of the bags are blue, and I think another one would drive me nuts (I'm a neurotic perfectionist and too much repetition bothers me :D). I've been leaning towards silvery colours, but having not seen the entire deck I'm not sure what would be best.

lark

Woodland colors greens, golds, browns.

Mine used to be in a bag (purple with silver stars) but during Christmas I did a reading for a young man that was teaching English in Egypt. He was home for Christmas and he gave me a beautiful brown, silver, and gold inlaid box he had brought back from Egypt.
For my tarot cards.
Well, of course the Faeries took one look at that and decided to move in. And there they have happily been staying, nestled in the red velvet interior.
I don't think there's any hope of getting them out.

So you never know where their going to end up.

Aura Wolf

Heh...thanks lark.

Le_Corsair

Hey, if you're a seamstress, you should go to your local Goodwill or other charity/consignment store and buy all of the nice old shirts/dresses you like for a tiny fraction of their original value. I've found at least one good source of quality bags on Ebay, if you want a link PM me and I'll provide it, I don't want anyone to think that I'm advertising or something like that.... :(

Bob :THERM

Aura Wolf

Thanks Le Corsair. Unfortunately my town is so small that we don't have Goodwill or really any places you can buy nice fabric. Otherwise I would.

Wisp Wings

Hi Dead Star:

Personally if I was you, I would suggest that you hold off on preparing anything to house them. The reason being I had a bag purposed for them and thought it would be idea but once they arrived they would have none of it! These cards aren't like Tarot. They are ink and paper, but that is just their tool to you. They are real and have personalities and are strong to convey the messages to you (including whatever means they wish for their housing).

There is a couple long threads in here about bags, boxes and such that THEY decide upon. You are only their means to provide it. LOL.

The post I had told of how I store mine has changed due to the fact that now I am using a double-deck of them combined together, (two Faeries' Oracle decks) and I keep them stored combined as well. The lining is the exact same fabric as before, but the exterior fabric is part deep wine, black, and some gold, but mostly lots of panies on it with dark green background.

If you do buy or make up something, just don't be surprised if sooner than later you have to accomidate them to their own liking.

Aura Wolf

:D I'll keep that in mind, Wisp Wings.

Aura Wolf

Well...after reading this thread, I think I better wait until after I get them to buy a bag. I certainly don't want to be throwing around my money! :) I just hate having a new deck without a nice bag waiting for it, I feel guilty leaving it in its box. And these faeries sound pretty impatient to me, do you think they can wait a week or more for a bag I order to get here?? :D I guess they'll have to.

Speaking of which--I don't plan on buying a million different bags for these picky fellows so how do you suggest I go about asking them what they want?

Aura Wolf

Well, they've got me :)

I just ordered my deck. And I realized, even before I did, the fae were on my case. No wonder I found it impossible to decide on the perfect home for them! They were looking over my shoulder the whole time telling me no, no, no!

I did a 4-card reading with my new Tarot of Transformation (which I also love) asking about my fae and the quest for their new home. The results made me laugh.

Question - 21: The Kosmos

"The Multidimensional Universe". They are indeed from another dimension! Clearly, I already realize that the fae are in charge and won't settle for anything less than perfect from me! They're going to turn my world upside down, as I suspected.

Querent (Me) - Server of Disks rx

"Loyal Friend". Oh, I assume so. I'll be at their service, providing them with the best possible home I can, even if it means losing money or making it myself! And they certainly want to have a lot of fun with me. There is no escape :D

Faeries - 8 of Disks

"Skillful Perseverance". That made me laugh! These fae will nag and scream and prank me until they get exactly what they want. No holding back for these guys. I'm doomed :laugh:

Outcome - 3 of Disks

"Integrated Work". Indeed. I can tell this is going to take me a while. But the reason they call it integrated is because you need time for rest.....and especially, play ;) Which I doubt they'd let me sneak away from.

Oh dear....but I'm certainly glad I posted this and thank you guys for giving me the heads-up! :D