Aeclectic Tarot

isthmus nekoi

thanks for the clarification Astrea & lou.

I mostly read Saturn on the ASC in 1st as the firm presence of the mods. I'd always found AT so very unlike other online forums I'd visited b/c of the orderliness of it, the lack of flame wars and such like. I can barely recall the older board, but I remember thinking this one was set up or organized better.

Minderwiz

isthmus nekoi said:
thanks for the clarification Astrea & lou.

I mostly read Saturn on the ASC in 1st as the firm presence of the mods. I'd always found AT so very unlike other online forums I'd visited b/c of the orderliness of it, the lack of flame wars and such like. I can barely recall the older board, but I remember thinking this one was set up or organized better.

Saturn is not only in the first, it's conjunct the Ascendant (and therefore very angular). In terms of accidental dignities - Saturn gains here. The 'new' Aeclectic in terms of the Brisbane end, is more mature, more structured and better organised, as you say. Indeed whichever of the two first post charts are taken, Saturn actually is a positive influence. Also Don't forget Saturn also is in almost perfect sextile to the sole dispositor Sun in both Charts, as well as trining the Moon and (rather loosely) Neptune.

The two first post charts actually give us a rare opportunity. Normally if someone sets up an association, the members assemble at the same time and place for the first meeting. Whether you are a member or an organiser, the event chart is the same.

Here we have a single event which occurs in widely separated locations. An internet association does not need its members to assemble at the same location. So we can look at the event from two perspectives, that of the members (represented by Strange2) and that of the organiser (represented by Solandia).

Make the most of it, such opportunities don't come often :)

Astraea

Those who are interested in synastry (the art of charting relationships) might like to compare their own charts with the Aeclectic horoscopes in order to look at various aspects of how they experience the forum. From what we have deduced thus far about the workings of each of these charts, it seems to me that a personal synastry with the Flossmoor horoscope might refer particularly to one's interactions with the membership (one's siblings, so to speak), and a comparison with the Publication chart might point toward broader issues (for example, finances and issues around communication style, preferences, etc.).

Minderwiz

A variant on the above might be using the date and time that you joined Aeclectic. Unfortunately for the older members, we are unlikely to have a record of the time of joining - though the Membership details will provide the date. As an alternative you could use the time of your very first post - and a search for your posts will allow you to access this. The location could be your own (or where you were at the time of joining) or you could use the Brisbane location details.

For example my very first post was on 19 April 2002 at 20:33 As I actually joined on this date, the time is not likely to be very different from the time of membership. Like other members I had browsed AT before joining, so I probably wanted to post in a thread, joined and then posted.

Now I'm not completely sure whether Aeclectic alters the time of old posts according to local daylight savings, so I'm not sure whether this is recorded in BST or GMT. However as we put the clocks back shortly, I'll soon find out. Besides I could do a chart for both times and then eliminate the 'wrong' one when I determine what Aeclectic does when I alter the local time on my computer :)

The above process might given you a sense of how you inter-relate with AT. So with Astraea's idea of comparing your own natal chart with AT, you can begin to delve into your relationship with your favourite forums.

starsongs

All of this is fascinating. I'm following along with great interest. Thanks to all who have shared their insights!

starsongs

**edited to correct a typo lol**

Astraea

When I joined Aeclectic in February 2003, there was a period of days between my application for membership and its actual acceptance and subsequent registration; under those circumstances, I suspect that the date and time of registration (which would appear on the e-mail notification of acceptance/registration) would be the optimal data to use. Many of us might not have retained the original e-mail, in which case I think that first our posts would offer a good alternative.

Minderwiz

I must admit that I really have not had time to properly reflect on these charts because of work commitments, so my comments are tending to be on particular features rather than the charts as a whole. Perhaps over the weekend I might manage to get into the 'putting it all together' phase.

That being said there are some observations that come to mind and perhaps Astraea or Isthmus could comment.

Firstly, I notice that the Chart ruler of the Flossmoor chart (Venus) appears in the first House of the Brisbane chart for the first posting. Also the Chart ruler of the Brisbane chart appears in the tenth House of the Flossmoor chart. Could Venus here be taken as representing the members and being in the first House of the Brisbane chart, indicate something of the 'health' of the relaunched Aeclectic and perhaps show that the members are indeed part of the essence of what Aeclectic is.

The ruler of the Brisbane chart being in the tenth of the Flossmoor seems to me to be an indicator that the founder of Aeclectic (Solandia) also 'rules' the membership and indeed the site.

Now, If the Brisbane chart represents Aeclectic then Solandia is its 'owner', 'ruler' (or Mother) and this would suggest that Solandia is represented by Jupiter, ruler of Pisces in the Brisbane chart. Jupiter is in the first House of that chart, indicating that at the time of launch Solandia was there and an integral part of what Aeclectic was - OK that seems stating the obvious - but this does seem an Astrological symbol of the strong identity between the two.

If we take the Flossmoor chart, this is based on the initiating post by a member. Again it would seem that the ruler of the tenth should represent Solandia, as she 'rules' the site. In this case her significator would be the Moon, and this is in the fourth House of the chart, perhaps indicating that Solandia was at home at the time of the first post (most likely given the local time in Brisbane!). If Venus is a significator for the membership then its position in Cancer, shows it is ruled by the Moon (Solandia). Also very interesting is that these two possible significators for Solandia (Jupiter and the Moon) are in trine to each other.

OK so first question - can we take significators of the members, and Solandia and is the above reasoning valid? If we can use these two significators, does the fact we have two different perceptions of Solandia involved?

Second, if we can identify significators for Solandia and the membership, can we identify significators for groups such as moderators? Traditionally the eleventh House signified the key servants to the ruler - such as generals, chancellors, etc. Could we take the ruler of the eleventh to represent the moderators - if so that gives us the interesting significator of Mars in the Brisbane chart (and its conjunct Pluto!). Whilst Saturn, as the 'older and wiser ' figure might be more appealing (and at least the 'older' bit fits me).

Perhaps rather more fitting :) in the Flossmoor chart the ruler of the eleventh is the Sun, though this is in a separating opposition to Solandia's ruler the Moon.

If we can identify significators of various 'interested parties' we might begin to tease out other issues through the relationship of their significators.

Astraea

Minderwiz, I think that your reasoning is very sound. I would only add that in mundane astrology, the Moon rules the populace, so I would assign the principal rulership of Aeclectic's members to the Moon and Jupiter to Solandia. In my view, the Moon would co-rule Solandia, since she is also a member of this site (and this is borne out by the Moon's rulership of the 10th house of the Flossmoor chart), but I would assign Jupiter as Solandia's primary significator.

My inclination is to give rulership of the moderators to Saturn, since their task is to keep order and monitor the site. In that sense, they are like law enforcement. Some astrologers assign law enforcement to Mars, others to Saturn, and still others to the ruler of the sixth house of civil servants; for the most part, I favor Saturn for law enforcement (soldiers, on the other hand, are Mars).

Minderwiz

Saturn makes sense as the planet of order and structure and moderators certainly do that. One of the reasons I consider Mars a possibility is its placement in Sagittarius. Now it is not particularly strong there, indeed it is peregrine, but moderators (who are ruled by Jupiter, and hence also Solandia) are likely to be more generous and perhaps permissive in terms of exercising their authority (as it is very much at Solandia's command and not essentially strong), and as she is symbolised by Jupiter, that command is also likely to be generous, warm hearted and caring - Jupiter is, after all, a benefic.

The consideration of these pair of planets is made additionally interesting because they are in opposition. Saturn is in Gemini, so its ruler is Mercury (Aeclectic itself, rather than Solandia) - it could be that these are the 'rules' of Aeclectic, it could be that Saturn fulfills the role it did in the original launch chart - that of the Server, which holds Aeclectic together, in a physical sense.

That could suggest a possible interpretations of the opposition between them. Firstly, Moderators attempting to struggle with interpreting the rules in a spirit of generosity and indeed adventure and secondly acting in something of a strained partnership with the server - (Saturn in Gemini might well be seen as the physical structure that holds Aeclectic in the web of the internet).

Mars as ruler of the eleventh might also have a 'ruling' role (in at least the sense of interpreting the rules) in the community, taking the eleventh also as the House of Associations.

If the Moderators are Saturn (and I can see the strength of your reaoning - indeed Isthmus has made a similar suggestion to me) - who is Mars? Whoever it is is ruled by Solandia and would play something of a partner's role to the site. It's possible to swap the roles around and take Mars as the Server (though I'm not sure the symbolism is as strong) but it would still have a role in 'ruling' the community - we have to keep to the server's 'rules' when we make a post and Mars also rules the sixth House of dis-ease. As we've seen from the lauch chart the dis-ease of Aeclectic is server problems.

OK I've now talked myself into a quandry :) - in effect the choice of ruler is either to take the relevant House ruler or to take a planet that has affinity with the role to be played and I think we could take either, though one may well work better than the other - further consideration of the chart and indeed predictions made from it might indicate which one would be the better choice.

BTW If Mars is the moderators then the Pluto conjunction suggests that they, or at lease the way moderation is carried out, have a potential transformational influence on Aeclectic - hopefully for the better :)

starsongs

could Mars in Sag as ruler of the 11th possibly govern group interaction at Aeclectic?

starsongs