Who reads the lenormand?

Sylvie Steinbach

Alteredego

At what stage do you use them? at the beginning of a reading? or later on? what applications and most important how do you mix them?

Elven

Sylvie said:
I posted few weeks back outside of the workshop a thread mixing Tarot and Lenormand cards together as a general reading system. Please let me know what you think and if you use these two different decks together yourself. I am curious to see how many people are out there doing the same thing.

lol
sylvie

Hi Sylvie :)
I have used them in combination - there is a long thread here on the Ipswich Murders with the interpretations - The Thoth, Sabian Symbols and the Lenormand were used in conjunction to form the reading.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=71765&highlight=lenormand

You will see the reading was split (as it was not a tarot reading per say, the Lenormand section was moved to the Oracle section) but there are links I have added to the thread at the beginning to redirect the reader to the Oracle section.
I wish it had stayed in one thread though - its very hard to read when its all over the board.
If you scroll down through the first post you can see what I mean.

Thanks Sylvie.

Cheers
Elven x

Gavriela

Phoenix Rising said:
Hi Elven,

Honestly it is very hard to buy lenormand decks in New Zealand, we just don't stock them, We can order them from Amazon. I got the Mystical from Amazon, that seems to be easily accessible, but only retail. I need wholesale, which I'm still negotiating with AGMuller....for the Blue owl and mystical, there are a few other lenormand decks, red owl, gipsy lenormand oracle, and the Mlle lenormand oracle that I have a catalogue for.

Phoenix

Have you talked to Holger at EsoterikShopping in Germany? He's fluent in English and was happy to put up a page directing English-speaking shoppers to e-mail him if they couldn't speak German or if their country wasn't in the drop-down list.

Even retail it's not that bad, since you don't pay taxes on the decks, which are built in to the list price. It works out to less than €4 for a Blue Owl, if memory serves, or a Dondorf, or most of the other traditional decks. The fancy ones are a bit pricier, but Blue Owl is pretty standard. The Carta Mundi is probably the most popular, and I love the artwork - I just wish they didn't have those wonky rhymes on them.

Phoenix Rising

Gavriela said:
Have you talked to Holger at EsoterikShopping in Germany? He's fluent in English and was happy to put up a page directing English-speaking shoppers to e-mail him if they couldn't speak German or if their country wasn't in the drop-down list.

Even retail it's not that bad, since you don't pay taxes on the decks, which are built in to the list price. It works out to less than €4 for a Blue Owl, if memory serves, or a Dondorf, or most of the other traditional decks. The fancy ones are a bit pricier, but Blue Owl is pretty standard. The Carta Mundi is probably the most popular, and I love the artwork - I just wish they didn't have those wonky rhymes on them.

Hi Gavriela,

I was able to get wholesale from AGMuller, although I still have to pay taxes once they come into the country. Atleast now, I'll be able to access the decks easily from them. So the workshop will be a great introduction to New Zealanders about this oracle....Although it's been a couple of hundred years, better late than never...lol!!!

Sylvie Steinbach

And a big applause for Phoenix!

Phoenix is too modest! She was able to organize these workshops within 4 weeks! I am looking forward to get together... :) lol Sylvie

Phoenix Rising

Hi Sylvie,

The more I'm working with the lenormand I'm just so blown away by it's detail, it even brings up what I'll be reading about in News paper articles, books etc. Starting to see a little pattern emerging, my daily blogs have helped heaps.

No-one is looking more forward to meeting you and doing the workshop!! I suppose my organising skills come from the time I was 9 years old, I organised a netball team for my school, and got parents to take us, we had to go out of town. I was just so determined to play...lol.

alteredego

Sylvie Steinbach said:
At what stage do you use them? at the beginning of a reading? or later on? what applications and most important how do you mix them?

Hi Sylvie,

Generally I start with one or the other and if I decide I need clarification or confirmation, I will use the second deck. So as a for instance (because I did this today) I started off with the Zigeuner. I do a line spread very similar to your no-layout method with 5 cards. My throw was as follows:

message - thought - house - some money - officer

So it seems in a short time my longing for change at our home will come to pass, and we will possibly wind up with a small sum which we'd recieve official notice of. At least, this is one way to look at it. I wasn't entirely comfortable (I am more comfortable with the Lenormand at this stage) so I threw 5 cards to compliment or clarify. And I got the following:

ring - paths - house (how funny) - mountain - birds

So in this case I am begining to feel like there is yet another obstacle to overcome (which could also be a meaning of the "some money" card). What is also interesting is the emphasis on "two" (paths - birds). So we could have two offers/contracts (ring/paths and ring/birds) and the decision may be about our house or a second house (paths/house). I could also read the mountains to be a "big" house, a house in the mountains, a house that is far away or a house in a cold climate.

I put both sets together then to determine what the message really seems to be about and it's quite interesting and rather different from my initial impression. And it should occur within two month's time, so we shall see, lol...

I have occasionally combined two seperate Lenormand packs, but generally I don't care for this method as much as getting the perspective of a different type of card. I would love to try this with the Kipperkarten but I can't locate my deck :(

Wish you all great success with your workshop! I hear New Zealand is quite lovely - my mother had the good fortune of being able to vists there several years ago and was quite awed by the natural beauty of the place.

Phoenix Rising

Hi Altered Ego,

Thanks for sharing. It certainly does look like the house is the theme of the spread. By any chance is the home near the mountains in the next town? The delay could be 12 weeks (birds) or 12th month perhaps.

Phoenix

Sylvie Steinbach

Alteredego

Thanks for sharing the method of your readings when using two decks. Are you a Tarot user? I found that Tarot and Lenormand complement each other quite well because they have different qualities and reading features...

In the NZ workshops I intend to brush a little bit on that but not too much as I don't know if all participants will be familiar with Tarot...but it is always very interesting to have Lenormand with another type of card oracle...

sylvie

Phoenix Rising

Sylvie Steinbach said:
In the NZ workshops I intend to brush a little bit on that but not too much as I don't know if all participants will be familiar with Tarot...but it is always very interesting to have Lenormand with another type of card oracle...

sylvie

Every other divination and oracle is known. Tarot especially...but for some reason Lenormand was left out...lol Maybe they were waiting for your debut appearance here Sylvie :laugh: