Pluto retrograde

Eva4

Hi, I am doing research on planetary retrogrades for the year but have found very little in the way of what it means as a transit (not natal). Can someone tell me what Pluto retrograde means in terms of what is best to do doing such a retrograde? Thank you!

dadsnook2000

It all depends . . .

It all depends on what t/Pluto is doing relative to your chart. I consider the following:
1) Does Pluto in the natal chart play a significant role such as conjoining or aspecting other planets? Whatever the natal planet does and how it expresses itself will carry onto the transiting version.
2) What is t/Pluto contacting in your chart? The t/Pluto will embody some/much of the n/Pluto's energy. This is because an integrated natal Pluto, like other planets, imprints you in some way ---- inclining you to respond as you have responded before.
3) Sometimes a conjoining of a transiting planet to a natal planet also involves other transiting planets jumping into the mix. This can change things quite a bit.

All that said, transits to a natal chart is only one of very many types of charts that can be used. What are you looking for? The problem you are examining, the questions you ask, may be better answered by using a more effective type of chart. It gets complex once you get into answering a question. Dave

Minderwiz

Hi Dave. Great to see you back again!!

As Dave says it all depends on your chart and what the transiting planet is doing both in your natal chart and in the transit to your natal chart.

Dave didn't mention the Retrograde side, so I'll add a little on that. Pluto spends more of its time Retrograde than any other planet; around 40% in fact.

Many Astrologers tend to ignore the Retrograde phase in a separate interpretation because of that. There's no clear out of character behaviour, unless you see Pluto as a Jekyll and Hyde planet. What is usually focussed on is whether the Retrograde phase brings two or three transits, as Pluto switches direction.

Given that it is very slow three consecutive transits of a point or planet, firstly Direct, then Retrograde and Finally Direct again are likely to stretch over a significantly long period. So arguably you will get a more powerful effect in these circumstances.

Dave and I have had discussions about the value of Pluto in the past, but all I'll say here is that there's life after a Pluto transit. Don't get hung up on the idea.

Eva4

Why thank you both. :) This is all very interesting.