need spreads that don't need questions

meghandawson`

On my blog I have people asking me for Tarot readings which I don't mind because I love doing it but they don't always have a question. So far I have been using horoscope spreads and "where you are in your life right now" spreads but I was wondering if there is anything else? I'm also scanning the index but.. meh. I can't seem to find any.

Thanks a million!!

Lady Iron Side

Spread for you

Well I have a great spread for you, that I use when I don't even have a question and it works great.

Okay how this spread works is that you the reader will be presented with the question by your deck with reguards to the person that has no question.

when the person you are talking to via, email, pm, shuffle your deck that way you'll pick up what the deck is looking for as a question for the person.

When you start to lay out the Cards the question card is laid first then the answer card. then draw your letter X starting from 1 - 10.

.........3......Q.....7........
..................A..............

These 2 bring about the quest and the answer for the querent
1 & 2 possitive helpful influences
5 & 6 negative / adverse influences

3 & 4 Thoughts of the querent about the question or answer
7 & 8 Feelings the querent has about the question or answer

A = Answer Card - you can have reversed cards if you so choose or not, if you do use reversed card then R is NO and upright is Yes. and the beauty of this card the tarot deck never lies....sometime I get mad at my deck an have thrown it across the room for telling me NO and in the end the deck was right. so be for warned pick a deck that you have that has never lied and call it you never lie deck and only use it for this spread. Once you get used to this spread the more powerful it gets.

please do give it a try you'll be amazed

AstaCakes

I have a few general spreads in my journal I use. For quick readings I just do a Past/Present/Future. Otherwise I do a Celtic Cross. I've done the 7-card Horseshoe descibed my Umbrae in this thread but haven't yet used it for other people. If you fancy a large reading then this one uses a card for every letter in the querent's name, which I've been meaning to try out for a while. I think most of the spreads near the end of the index are general, you could maybe try weekly spreads or something for repeating querents :)

Cheers, Asta

meghandawson`

thanks!

Thank you so much for both of your feedback! This really helped me! :D

Glass Owl

LadyBlackRose 's What You Know Spread

1**2**3

1: What you know
2: What you don’t know
3: What you need to know

Rhiannon's Gopher Spread
1. Who have I been?
2. Who am I?
3. Who am I becoming?

Stoplight Spread (author unknown)

Red Light (Don't do this right now) --
Green Light (Do this right now) --
Yellow Light (Be careful/weary of this)

Eowyn's Stroke Of Good Luck Spread (2 Cards)

1. Which is going to be your next stroke of luck?
2. How will it happen?

Lucky Clover Spread by Gillian

---1/2---
---------
3/4----5/6

1. Your current luck
2. What you can do to improve/maintain your luck

3. What you've been blessed with
4. How to best nurture/apply this blessing in your life

5. The oppourtunity coming your way
6. How you can make the most of it

All-Purpose Compass Spread (6) By Glass Owl

"Your inner knowing is your only true compass." ~Joy Page

----4----
---------
5--1/2--6
---------
----3----

1. Question or Current Situation
Where you find yourself presently. The heart of the matter.

2. The Weather
Forces or energies bearing down on the situation presently, affecting it for better or worse. (This card crosses card 1.)

3. Recent Past
Where you were before. The foundation or root.

4. Potential Developments
What can be seen in the horizon. This is the direction the situation is heading towards and may serve as a warning.

5. A Step Backwards: Forget This
What holds you back or weighs you down. Reduce, discard, or avoid this negative energy to make the best of your situation.

6. A Step Forward: Remember This
What motivates you to grow and provides you with a sense of purpose. Nurture and embrace this positive energy to make the best of your situation.

Here a few more involved spreads. Since you mentioned the CC you may like these too...

Introspective Mandala Spread (by Glass Owl, layout by rwcarter)

1. The self.
You, in your current state and situation.

2. Needs and wants.
Your instinctual urges and basic needs.

3. Hopes and dreams
Aspirations that fill you with excitement and joy. Spiritual fulfillment.

4. Endeavours and achievements
Those endeavours you choose to pursue in the real world, such as a career, having home, your hobbies, your family and friends, and your general day-to-day life.

5. Dependencies and obsessions
Unhealthy patterns that impede your spiritual progress.

6. Strengths and positive traits
Your strong points and the best aspects of your character.

7. Faults and weaknesses.
Your shortcomings and faults. Those areas in your life which need improvement.

8. Self perception and self talk
A reflection of your own self-image and your opinion of yourself.

9. General attitude and outlook on life
Your opinion of your surroundings and others. What you project to others and its impact.

This layout ends up with these groupings:
~The way things actually are (cards 2, 4 and 6)
~Possible problems/issues to work on (card 5 and 7)
~Potential for growth (cards 3, 8 and 9)

It also lends itself to additional groupings for further study:
4, 1, 9 - effect of endeavors/achievements and general attitude on the Self
5, 1, 3 - effect of hopes/dreams and dependencies/obsessions on the Self
6, 1, 8 - effect of strength/positive traits and self-perception/self-talk on the Self
2, 1, 7 - effect of needs/wants and faults/weaknesses on the Self
2, 6 - how needs/wants and strengths/positive traits interact
7, 8 - how faults/weaknesses and self-perception/self-talk interact
6, 7 - how strengths/positive traits and faults/weaknesses interact
2, 8 - how needs/wants and self-perception/self-talk interact

The Life Cycle Spread (posted by Glass Owl)

The Life Cycle may be one that you would like. I have found two different versions of it. There is a simple, 9-card version at tarot.com (with a layout) and a more detailed 8-card version (minus a layout) spiritualguidancetarot.com. I tried to merge them both together.

This 10 card spread focuses on the past, present, and future. It shows the flow of various issues moving through time in your life. It gives good insight into repeating patterns, blockages, and strengths. It also gives insight into future possibilities and what is possible to achieve on your current path, and suggests an action plan to empower yourself to live your best.

1-4-7-----
2-5-8---10
3-6-9-----

1. Self-Undoing: This position shows the ways in which we get in our own way, the things we do that seem to sabotage our own happiness.

2. Recent Past: This position shows the circumstances, attitudes, and beliefs, which have carried you into the present moment.

3. Roots: This position points to programmed reactions from your history, the way you tend to react to events based on the upbringing you had. It can indicate instincts that condition your outlook. Wisdom gained from past experience.

4. Higher Power: This position refers to inner guidance, lifting us up so that we can overcome obstacles and reach our fullest potential. Many times we don't like to accept what this position holds, but it is necessary to at least look at objectively so that we can take the best from it and empower ourselves.

5. Self: This card represents you in the environment of present conditions, giving insight behind the reason you are seeking guidance at this particular time. This is usually an internal card as opposed to pointing at outside conditions.

6. Situation: An objective look at present circumstances.

7. Far Future: This suggests long term potential you have that is unfolding from current events.

8. Near Future: This card indicates the direction that the flow of your life wants to go and can indicate whether you are going with the flow or against the current.

9. The Lesson: This position indicates ways to learn and grow from your choices and experiences.

10. Best Course of Action: Advice from the Tarot. What you can do to help make the best of your current circumstances.

Sky Spread by Richard H. Geer

This is spread is from the book "Star+Gate: Keys To The Kingdom" by Richard H. Geer and was designed to be used with the Star+Gate deck, which is made up of 96 oracle cards. Here is how I have been using this spread with Tarot cards.

The spread's layout:

--09-----06-----10--
01-02--03--04--05
-------08-07---------

Tip: To tap into inner meanings, envision a simple scene or a quick story with these card groupings.

The Present/The Here and Now (the 4 cards in the middle of the spread)
*These cards have the most immediate bearing on the topic
6. The Issue - the topic, the present focus of your attention
3. You Now - symbolizes where you are now in terms of your topic
7. Helping - indicates something aiding you in dealing with the issue
8. Distracting - something that is diverting your attention away from resolving the issue, a roadblock

The Past/The Foundation (the 3 cards to the left of the central cards)
*These deal with the past and show how present conditions came to be.
1. & 2. Behind You - these 2 cards suggest significant experiences that have led to "You Now."
9. Old Focus - indicates an earlier issue or purpose related to your topic. It has in some way led to The Issue (card 1).

The Future (the 3 cards to the right of the central cards)
*These indicate where things are heading based on where you are right now.
4. and 5. Ahead of You
10. New Focus
The future seen in these 3 Future cards is flexible and depends on how matters are dealt with in the present. If you like what you see in the cards in this area, you may want to continue the way "You Now" is interacting with "The Issue" in the spread.

kfk

"When you start to lay out the Cards the question card is laid first then the answer card. then draw your letter X starting from 1 - 10.

.........3......Q.....9........

These 2 bring about the quest and the answer for the querent
1 & 2 possitive helpful influences
6 & 7 negative / adverse influences"

Are 6 & 7 really 8 & 7? If not could you help me clear up my confusion?I like this spread alot.

Tuilirose

Yes, please, I am wondering also.
Where is 6? Where is 5?

Lady Iron Side

Quezen said:
Yes, please, I am wondering also.
Where is 6? Where is 5?

lol....oh I do appologize , my numbering got mixed up, I had added the Q and A into the numbering sequence opps. I'm pleased you noticed. thank you here I'll fix it for you.

.........3......Q.....7........

Tuilirose

Thanks Lady Iron Wing. I like the idea of this spread. I can practice with my cards, without having to ask the same questions of the poor cards ad nauseum!