wonderland playing card oracle

Magi

I recently began making an alice in wonderland oracle by taking a deck of playing cards and writing the names of the characters from alice in wonderland and through the looking glass on them. they're not finished yet, but I was wondering what people thought of the idea.

Phoenix Rising

It is a good thought. As alot of decks especially the courts were designed in times that represented the current royalty, representing popular figures at the time. And they used them to plot strategies in particular war ones.
I have started looking at playing cards too, simply as a predictive modern approach to the interpretation of the cards. And have looked at assigning the courts to people I know. I'm going to write on my ones too. Just for memory sake. Good thing about playing cards as you can get them for $1 so can have as many as you like. Can't really do that with tarot decks.

Magi

I may have to try that too. Iknow that there's a wonderland tarot but I felt that a standard deck of cards seemed to fit better.

Phoenix Rising

Have you also assigned your own meanings to the cards?
I have assigned my own meanings, otherwise I may as well use tarot cards. My friend has used playing cards for over 25 years, she has amazing results and accuracy. She developed her intuition through the cards, because she knew her cards so well, as soon as they were layed out she got the visions straight away. She didn't have that with tarot because of the images on the cards. So I'm going to work with the playing cards a bit more.

Magi

I use the characters to help spark my intuition(sp?) because they are so layered and because haw they react to the characters surronding them.