Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Your new place for all things Thoth

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot


 
earthair  earthair is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Oct 2014
Location: Parallel Universe
Posts: 3,076
earthair 
Citizen

Just an update from Tarotsphere- where there is already a Thoth, and Alphabets and Kabbalah subforums, the admin is more than willing to accommodate everything but needs discussion as to exactly what is needed. It would help if interested people join in with the suggestions, on the construction thread (link posted below).

I fear that if people passively wait before trying forums out before deciding, then opportunities will be lost. I am strongly backing Tarotsphere because of the clear navigation, range of forums, pleasant-on-the-eye forum skin/theme and intelligent admin. Mystic comes a near second.

http://tarotsphere.proboards.com/thr...kabbalah-board
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #71
Spiffo  Spiffo is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 313
Spiffo 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthair View Post
Just an update from Tarotsphere- where there is already a Thoth, and Alphabets and Kabbalah subforums, the admin is more than willing to accommodate everything but needs discussion as to exactly what is needed. It would help if interested people join in with the suggestions, on the construction thread (link posted below).

I fear that if people passively wait before trying forums out before deciding, then opportunities will be lost. I am strongly backing Tarotsphere because of the clear navigation, range of forums, pleasant-on-the-eye forum skin/theme and intelligent admin. Mystic comes a near second.

http://tarotsphere.proboards.com/thr...kabbalah-board
Yeah I must admit Tarotsphere, of all the new ones, seems the most, um, exhaustive.

The one thread I saw on Cartomancy seemed to descend into a 'problem' thread by the third page.

The other couple, and not wanting to be rude, were just twee and not my thing.

I guess I'm wondering whether there isn't room for and a need for a forum that focuses on Thoth and the broader esoteric tarot (grab-all label).

As much as I admire what Holly is trying to do on TarotSphere it seems to be a catch all where I'm not sure a catch all is going to work. Trying to replace/replicate AT just isn't going to happen IMO. Hey, but I'd love to be proved wrong.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #72
thorhammer's Avatar
thorhammer  thorhammer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Sep 2007
Location: Running
Posts: 19,764
thorhammer 
Citizen

thorhammer's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon418 View Post
I honestly don't know. I originally registered there years ago on a Hotmail account with no problems. But I think I may have been purged along with a load of other inactive users.

A couple of years later I tried to re-register with a Gmail account but got an instant error message. After reading their "New Policy" thread I realized why. (3rd post.)

http://www.heruraha.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13056
Cheers dude. I'll give it a go later on when I'm home and see what shakes out.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #73
earthair  earthair is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Oct 2014
Location: Parallel Universe
Posts: 3,076
earthair 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffo View Post

As much as I admire what Holly is trying to do on TarotSphere it seems to be a catch all where I'm not sure a catch all is going to work. Trying to replace/replicate AT just isn't going to happen IMO. Hey, but I'd love to be proved wrong.
At this stage I think it's best to judge forums on layout, usability, adaptability, competence of the admin, and the range of theme/skins available to the user.
In about a month, all the forums will hopefully have found their own niches, culled the quiet/unused forums etc leaving their core essence.

Holly is casting a wide net at the moment, I agree, but think of it as an opportunity...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #74
Spiffo  Spiffo is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 313
Spiffo 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthair View Post
At this stage I think it's best to judge forums on layout, usability, adaptability, competence of the admin, and the range of theme/skins available to the user.
In about a month, all the forums will hopefully have found their own niches, culled the quiet/unused forums etc leaving their core essence.

Holly is casting a wide net at the moment, I agree, but think of it as an opportunity...
I absolutely take on board (no pun intended) your point. And it is the forum I've joined for exactly the reasons you mention.

As someone who lurks/reads, rather than directly contributes, I just hope we all end up in the same place. There are people who post here on Thoth that I really admire and, in their gestalt, I don't want to lose them.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #75
Grigori's Avatar
Grigori  Grigori is offline
formerly similia
 
Join Date: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Aussie boy, born and bred
Posts: 7,658
Grigori 
formerly similia

Grigori's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Wondering View Post
So good to see this face in the midst of change!!!

By far the hardest thing for me to let go of is the Book of Law Study. I am glad I have the chance again to point out how amazing it was, not only that you had the nerve to start it, but that you steered us clear through to the end. I honestly didn't think it would be possible and I have my doubts it could happen twice.

It really did change my life and I want to thank you once again.
I am going to pm you my email in case I can ever do anything for you.

93 Similia
That's really so lovely, but too generous. I just set up a structure designed to trick a few of the experts into writing that book they never got around to, and letting me come along for the ride cause I wanted to read it. It was an enitirely selfish exercise haha I'm really grateful for what I learnt from the process, and what everyone both expert and new contributed. I hope the Thoth crowd finds a new place to continue in as what we've had here is special and unique as far as I know, and not easily replaced.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #76
Babalon Jones's Avatar
Babalon Jones  Babalon Jones is offline
418
 
Join Date: 24 Oct 2010
Location: Anomalous
Posts: 1,520
Babalon Jones 
418

Babalon Jones's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffo View Post
I have free time.
I have some technical skills.
I can set up a Thoth/GD/Kabbalah/etc., forum if there is a critical mass of interested persons.
I have zero interest in being a forum 'owner' so would be happy to just get the ball rolling.
I also don't post much, but I read, all of it.
I appreciate the incredible amount of information and elucidation here.
Can some of it be transferred over? Archiving is fairly easy, I'm not sure about depositing it into another forum (rights aside).
It obviously can't ever replace this forum but it 'could' be a Thoth-centric place that develops into something.
All the alternate forums I've looked at over the last Week have been either too twee, or clearly not really interested in the Thoth and related stuff.

I'm up for an Esotetic Tarot Forum.

Anyone?
This! the Esoteric Tarot Forum is exactly what I wished would spring up in the aftermath. I find the idea very exciting.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #77
thorhammer's Avatar
thorhammer  thorhammer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Sep 2007
Location: Running
Posts: 19,764
thorhammer 
Citizen

thorhammer's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalon Jones View Post
This! the Esoteric Tarot Forum is exactly what I wished would spring up in the aftermath. I find the idea very exciting.
Look, I'd probably be in on it. It'd mean yet another forum to join but I could likely lose two of the others then...and it would be very instructive! And probably quite quiet!

And maybe Scion would come back then...(she said, sadly...)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #78
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine's Avatar

I joined Tarotsphere this morning to see what's up Thoth-wise there. Holly told me in live chat that she is working on the Thoth sub-forum this morning.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #79
Spiffo  Spiffo is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 313
Spiffo 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
I joined Tarotsphere this morning to see what's up Thoth-wise there. Holly told me in live chat that she is working on the Thoth sub-forum this morning.
I just posted a Thoth Check-in thread for migrants to, um, check-in on over there.

http://forum.tarotsphere.net

It's on Proboards which is a well regarded provider. Holly seems really nice and accomodating.

Again, if a critical mass are there, hurrah.

(My offer stands re establishing a stand alone Esoteric Tarot Forum)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #80


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.