Has anyone trimmed these two decks????

crystaleagle

You make a very good point. I think I'm leaning towards No Trim for the Efflorescent.

However, if I don't trim them, I won't use them as much because they are too large for me to shuffle. And I really like how they both read. I may have to get a backup for each one. ????

FLizarraga

I do not own the Steele Wizard, but I own, and trimmed, the black and white Efflorescent, and I find that trimming has vastly improved it. I will post pics when I have a chance.

True, the cardstock is papery and just not very good, but I see no reason why it should stop anyone from trimming those blah borders off.

crystaleagle

I do not own the Steele Wizard, but I own, and trimmed, the black and white Efflorescent, and I find that trimming has vastly improved it. I will post pics when I have a chance.

True, the cardstock is papery and just not very good, but I see no reason why it should stop anyone from trimming those blah borders off.

Oh good! Glad to hear the trimming on the Efflorescent was successful. Am looking forward to seeing the result! Thanks sooo much for the reply!

FLizarraga

I finally got around to take a few pics of the trimmed Efflorescent.

I tried to edge it in silver, but my silver Sharpies were dried out, so it is not very noticeable even in person. I had originally wanted to edge them in black, since I kept the black inner borders, but the cards are very thin and I was afraid of the ink bleeding and making a mess, especially with those white backs. So I tried the silver, which didn't work, and might not even try again.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 92

crystaleagle

I finally got around to take a few pics of the trimmed Efflorescent.

I tried to edge it in silver, but my silver Sharpies were dried out, so it is not very noticeable even in person. I had originally wanted to edge them in black, since I kept the black inner borders, but the cards are very thin and I was afraid of the ink bleeding and making a mess, especially with those white backs. So I tried the silver, which didn't work, and might not even try again.

They look perfect! Thanks for the pics. I know what I'll be doing this weekend!
(still unsure about the Steele Wizard....)

FLizarraga

They look perfect! Thanks for the pics. I know what I'll be doing this weekend!
(still unsure about the Steele Wizard....)

The inner borders are pretty, and pretty thin, so I kept them, but you can always do away with them if you like. :)

crystaleagle

The inner borders are pretty, and pretty thin, so I kept them, but you can always do away with them if you like. :)

I like the thin borders. It ties everything together. They would look a little lost without them.