Doreen Virtue's Conversion

Genna

So he lied to her. We have no idea what the church itself would have said if asked.

My father was an Anglican minister and was quite often asked if "the church" objected to xyz. 99% of the time he said no. (the 1% would be things like murder, deceit and crime in general.) "The Church" rarely has views. Its ministers often do, and try to put them across as Church Law. It ain't so.

I believe you are right, gregory. Why hinder people reading catholic flavoured fantasy, if they read fantasy, and you want them to read catholic literature?

greatdane

Never got to see the video, this is all I found

about what is now OUT or IN according to this woman (whose site I never saw before, but it popped up when I was looking for this now deleted vid).

I have no feelings one way or the other, as I have none of her decks. Was just curious about a big change in someone who, whether one uses her stuff or not, is well-known among readers.

So, make of this what you will:
https://newagestudies.org/2017/04/11/more-about-doreen-virtues-conversion-to-christianity/

silvereye

She hasn't spoken about her conversion again since that video?

greatdane

Not that I can tell

The link I included was all I found that at all detailed what was said. I honestly was only interested in the first part of it. What might be in or out.

It does seem unusual to me. I question no one's right to their beliefs, it's just that with what seems a very Christianity-centered focus now, new Jesus deck out or coming out, that certifications in Fairyology, an upcoming Cat Tarot deck, as well as all the other non-Christian specific decks, save the Ascended Masters and maybe one other, all might be fine.

Just can't really fathom the thought process, but whatever makes people happy.

silvereye

The link I included was all I found that at all detailed what was said. I honestly was only interested in the first part of it. What might be in or out.

It does seem unusual to me. I question no one's right to their beliefs, it's just that with what seems a very Christianity-centered focus now, new Jesus deck out or coming out, that certifications in Fairyology, an upcoming Cat Tarot deck, as well as all the other non-Christian specific decks, save the Ascended Masters and maybe one other, all might be fine.

Just can't really fathom the thought process, but whatever makes people happy.

She has since taken her video down, just curious if she has since then changed her position again!

yaraluna

I just posted to tell people she is discontinuing her archangel decks and ascended masters decks as well due to her new belief system. Just for those who are collectors or DV fans to get some now that they are on sale for $20 or less at HH.

Yes, I watched the video and yes she said some of the ascended masters she talks about in her AM books and decks should not even exist, she was wrong and got the wrong info from untrustworthy sources (demons/ non christian/non Jesus) and she apologized for spreading that information. she did say about getting rid of the decks and books, I think if i recall correctly that she mentioned burning them.

Sad. so sad.

Imagine all the people who piggy backed from her name and authority to be "co-authors" with her, all in new age arena.

Disa

She got her info from demons? Well isn't that something?

I'm just thinking of all the people who took her courses to get certified in her "Angel Training Courses" etc. I wonder how they all feel? do they still feel it's all relevant? Do they all want their money back? Do they feel their journey into angels was just a passing phase and now they are on to the next thing?

I understand people have changes in their paths, really I do. But some of her stuff was really playing on some very vulnerable people who were hanging on her every word as the truth. I've seen some of them myself, and I don't try to convince them otherwise. I just try to encourage people to believe what truly resonates with their own soul-not to follow what I say or what anyone else says exclusively just because they are under the impression someone knows more than they do. I try to help people find their own path, the one that really speaks to them because they have made their own journey which is unique to them.

Anyway, I know she has steered quite a few in the "Angel" direction. Most can discern for themselves what's real and what isn't, but some really can't. I hope they don't take all of this too hard.

HOLMES

hmm

have to see if she will change her website, post about that on twitter, etc

listening to her divine messages for june 12-18 2017, working with her archangel Gabriel deck so that must be recent.but no mention of any conversion.
who knows perhaps she just had a bad day as the video was taken down. I know I had bad days or weeks.

I will keep on using her oracles I brought , they work for me.

in my mind though she was always Christian in some way for she said in her biographies she was raised in Christian science. (her mom was one I think ).

so have to follow this , who knows perhaps it is just how she evolved as I didnt' see her path necessarily about money. though it been a while since I brought a book of her that interest me so I haven't been up
on the up.

edited to add
so I just tweeted to her to ask about rumours of a video taken down. see if she responds.
and to further add, I noticed under her new morning with the lord book, it does say she is a born again Christian. wonder where the course in miracles fits into her philoposphy now. perhaps never will know outright as she never once answer my tweet in the years I been tweeting to her.

AJ

I just posted to tell people she is discontinuing her archangel decks and ascended masters decks as well due to her new belief system. Just for those who are collectors or DV fans to get some now that they are on sale for $20 or less at HH.

that is a Hay House sale, all their decks are $10 right now,

Gregory has a great informational post up above about DVs current views

post 56 or 55 I think

gregory

that is a Hay House sale, all their decks are $10 right now,

Gregory has a great informational post up above about DVs current views
? I do ? I must go read it :D ETA most of that post referred to Anne Rice... Just saying.

Will this mean her Animals deck won't come out now ? Is ALL tarot evil, or only tarot with added angels ? It's due out in October, bu there's no hint of it on the Hay House site... I would have thought her artist might be a bit peeved if she pulls it...