I Ching of the Goddess by Barbara G. Walker

Asia

I bought this divination deck on Saturday. I saw it, impulse took over, and I had to buy it. The images on the cards are very interesting, not my usual style. I like the more ornate, pretty images. I'm drawn to them, though.

I've looked for a review, and I've found nothing. Has anyone seen or heard of this deck?

Asia

Asia

Sorry, the last name should be Walker.

Haven't had my coffee yet. Arggghhhh!

Asia

Fulgour

Hi Asia ~ anything here?

I Ching of the Goddess
By Barbara G. Walker
Paperback, Harper San Francisco, November 1986
isbn 0062509241
List Price $13.00

I Ching of the Goddess
By Barbara G. Walker
Paperback, Fair Winds Press, September 2001
isbn 1931412723
List Price $25.95

Enter ISBN for Search:
http://www.fetchbook.info/

13thFaeChylde

How odd!
I have this deck, and brought it out the other night to look at it....I love the artwork but have never understood the I-Ching or how it relates to this deck.

Hopefully someone else can shed some light on it!

bradford

Barbara Walker

Hi Asia-
I don't think much of the deck but the book has a lot of interesting insights on the Yijing. Worth reading. I really like her two encyclopedias too. Definitely not to be confused with or put into the same "feminist" category as the awful Yijing work of Diane Stein (Kuan Yin I Ching) - yuck.

crystal dawn

Asia said:
I bought this divination deck on Saturday. I saw it, impulse took over, and I had to buy it. The images on the cards are very interesting, not my usual style. I like the more ornate, pretty images. I'm drawn to them, though.

I've looked for a review, and I've found nothing. Has anyone seen or heard of this deck?

Asia

Hi Asia
I purchased this set about a year ago. Its quite an interesting deck though i have not got around to using it yet. I found it an easier way has to learn about the i ching and the eight triagrams. i found that once i understood what each trigram means in terms of the elemental forces they represent, that it was easy to interpret the hexagrams.
I also have the barbara walker tarot deck which is also very interesting, and some of the pictures are simmular to the ones in the i ching deck.

Blessings

crystal dawn

Michellehihi

I just bought this deck. I know nothing about i ching and so it is difficult to make sense of this deck. The companion book explains the historical context of i ching but I don't quite get the meanings of each card...
Anyway, I still think this deck will be lots of fun to use, because the pictures are so lively and evocative...even hilarious at times! This Barbara Walker definitely has imagination!
I wonder if someone is using it, how do you find it?