Questions on Pathworking

coyoteblack

After reading chicken qabalah, shining paths last year I plan on going through them again this month. Before I start I would like to ask a few questions now that I have a better idea on what I am doing.
Is there any pictures or videos of what the houses, temples should look like? I found it hard visualizing each house as I was pathworking last year.
I felt as there should be a part two to each book like the other worlds and pathworking there and more on evocation so I know which spirits to ask for what action.
Is there a recommended amount of sessions on each path to move on to the next one?
Last but not least does anyone combine pathwork with other beliefs? In my case Urban Shaman by Serge Kahili King also has visualizing for spiritual development and was thinking after a pathwork try dreaming on the shaman side out of my own garden with spirit animals with give my pathworking a more personalized touch,

Lilianne

I have never found any and always thought it was up to me to 'construct' the images myself based on knowledge of the attributes (which is itself an expanding practice). I started by visualising the sephiroth as colours, trying to get myself into a state of pure consciousness. Images start to emerge. I should add that, without a guide, it's quite difficult. Various societies consider that paths are initiations.

coyoteblack

Thank you very much. I was thinking without an actual guide i will have a conversation with characters inside and find a guide that way.

GnosticTarotCards

If you choose to use the Golden Dawn and OTO (Lon DuQuette) method, i'd recommend Garden of Pomegranates by Israel Regardie. In the back there is a excellent guided meditation on each of the tarot cards by Chic and Tabatha Cicero. Its very good. That will help you associate the images and also give you a layout of the different "Astral " temples of the Golden Dawn, which are very good because they relate to the Sefirot.

When you say "Pathworking" this is specific to the GD and its teachings, they were the first ones to do this kind of stuff, although in the late 1700's the work from "Spirits" was undertaken by Illuminists such as Martinez De Pasqually, and Louis Claude de Saint Martin. But with relation to the Tarot , Levi and Papus are a safe route as well.

Blessings

Tim.

coyoteblack

Tim awesome answer thank you . I would like to understand Gnostic tradition one of these day's

Lilianne

Should you wish to explore Gnosticism through the Qabala, another excellent book is William Gray's Ladder of Lights although the Thelemic approach is there.

Rhapsodin

Constructing a Sephirothic temple takes some work. Reading up on its attributes usually gives enough starting material which can be built upon during workings. The Angelic choirs have been particularly helpful.

Lilianne, agree about William Grey's book. I found it easier going than Dion Fortune's, besides going into considerably more detail about Daat which is there and should be known about.

coyoteblack

Thank you all about the recommendations, I will order some of the books this week.

La'al quiet fella

Visual path workings

After reading chicken qabalah, shining paths last year I plan on going through them again this month. Before I start I would like to ask a few questions now that I have a better idea on what I am doing.
Is there any pictures or videos of what the houses, temples should look like? I found it hard visualizing each house as I was pathworking last year.
I felt as there should be a part two to each book like the other worlds and pathworking there and more on evocation so I know which spirits to ask for what action.
Is there a recommended amount of sessions on each path to move on to the next one?
Last but not least does anyone combine pathwork with other beliefs? In my case Urban Shaman by Serge Kahili King also has visualizing for spiritual development and was thinking after a pathwork try dreaming on the shaman side out of my own garden with spirit animals with give my pathworking a more personalized touch,

Hi,

In my experience an excellent tool for a visual representation of the paths and the sephiroth is Alan Moore's graphic novel 'Promethea'. From volume 3 onwards he basically provides a visual representation of going up the lightening flash with a commentary provided by the characters.
I found this to be a much more instructive and imaginative use of the tree than the ciceros who provided the path working exercises at the back of 'Garden of Pomegranites'

Hope this helps in some way.

Lqf

coyoteblack

I will have to look at that, I have found the descriptions of various houses pretty good but I need a visual to get a better idea