What's in the Box?

danieljuk

I think inside is red plastic dice (two or one dice, die?)

Amanda

Great info so far! I will say that it's a very unusual looking object (can't make this too easy with all you great seers out there!), so just let it flow. I can already see that a round two tie breaker might be necessary!

Ha! That must be why I drew the winky smiley face in my first attempt. ;)

My 3rd guess: An aroma-therapy bubble-making machine. :D

celticnoodle

This is kind of like 'Peeking Through The Keyhole' - without the keyhole! :laugh:
I know! it is, eh?! :) Last month, I was thinking of bringing that back into being. But, this is a lot more fun right now. :) join in, TB!

Each player gets 3 tries, with points given to the person who comes closest. In the case of similar entries, the earlier entry takes priority, so get your guesses in quickly for that added bonus.

okay well, its finally quiet here. at least for the time being. hub in bed, (me soon too)--tv off and well....I am going to try and concentrate on the box and see hwat happens. I've been really lousy at this sort of thing lately. Need to practice more!

1. I feel like it is something that takes up about 1/3rd of the box and is soft. could be a small stuffed animal or something like that. I keep seeing something blue and white--and it seems to me that it is soft like a stuffed toy.

2. However, I am also going to go to the other extreme and say it is something heavy and blocky--like a brick. :laugh: why not go from one extreme to the other.

and

3. I keep thinking keys to the car or some sort of transportation.

a long shot, I know. but there ya go--my 3 guesses. I'm much better at reading people and not 'things'. :laugh:

celestial

I'll keep the first round open for a few more hours and then announce those who will move into round 2 to find the winner! Some unbelievably interesting hits, but no one has really put it together yet. :)

Things to think about:

Where might this object usually be found?
What purpose does this object serve?

Mycroft

(Click images for larger size)

2) For my second guess, Evel has communicated to me through the ether that PANTS are involved, but I suspect that the relevant part of the word is PAN, so I'm going for a small saucepan or wok.

3) Here I think the important word is ROOT as in root-beer, which suggests some type of ornamental glass.

Metafizzypop

"Things to think about:
Where might this object usually be found?
What purpose does this object serve?"

I'm thinking it's something round and shiny. A Christmas ornament? No. It's something found in a kitchen. And it's used for straining pasta. It's a colander.

celestial

Thanks to all players for their interesting contributions (some of which are entertaining enough to earn a consolation ribbon, at the very least)!

However, someone needs to take the hairy eyeball off my mantle, and so the players moving to the next round are:

Amanda_04
Metafizzypop
Audelia
LittleOne
CelticNoodle

Some are closer than others, but I can see some strong connections, so let's change it up a bit. Instead of describing what's IN the box, let's look inside of what's inside. What meaning does it conjure up in you? Any emotion? Any remembrance? How does it make YOU feel?

This round will be open for 24 hours and then the contents -- and the winner -- shall be revealed!

Here's one last look...

Amanda

I would say that it makes me feel young and amused but calm; the Child card I drew may go along with that and some of the make-believe infinity bugs I was drawing -- perhaps a sense of wonder.

I was thinking of toys within my first written-ramblings, and then I later drew the Child card. Perhaps I should go with that. Some kind of toy, but the first Lennie I drew was Clouds, so that doesn't quite make sense... maybe it is something that helps bring clarity, or has an element of problem-solving.

I don't think I'm going to outright get it! :laugh: So here are my final guesses:

Metafizzypop

OK, I'll give this another shot. I'm going to say that the object in the box is a statue of a cat. It's done in metal, like brass or bronze or something. And the cat is lying down.

Audelia

The first thing that springs to mind is the word "comfort." I feel that this item is sort of like a personal totem or a comfort blanket - it makes you feel safe. I see hands smoothing over the surface and gradually getting calmer with each pass. Do you hold this when you're stressed or worried and does it help to calm you down?

I also get a sense of family with this object. I keep hearing the word "sister." Did it belong to a sister in your family (maybe your own or your mother's)?

There's a lovely feeling of being soothed whenever you use this object :)