The Bear Card

LunarLioness

Ok, here's another card I would like to hear peoples opinions on :)

So, according to my Treppner course, the interpretation of the bear is:

An Official Person: Lawyer, accountant, principal, real estate agent, entrepreneur, or an older person (gender neutral), possession, power, strength, envy, jealousy.

They say: First and foremost, I regard the Bear as an official. Only after that isn't at all applicable to the situation are other possibilities considered. For example, if the Bear is lying next to the House then that signifies either a current or future possession. Together with the Lord, the Bear can refer to an emotional situation—jealousy etc. If none of that applies, then perhaps it stands for a Grandmother or Grandfather.

I dont ask too many questions that would correlate with the interpretation of an 'official person' and I almost always see this card as the emotions described instead - power, strength, jealousy etc and because I read with the Mystical Lenormand and the bear looks angry and it batting at a bee hive (!) I see aggression and someone who antagonises a situation, or is prone to using physical force instead of calm intellect to get their own way. (I keep thinking the bear is having a bit of a tantrum. lol).

Also, does anyone know what that beetle is and what it symbolises in the bottom of the card?

Thoughts? :)

Ronia

To me, as I know it, the Bear is a symbol of strength, power, determination, stability, protectiveness. Therefore, in job or career questions I'll see it as an individual with power, a managerial position or a stable, prosperous company or job. In personal questions I'll see as older female relative, may be male but I should see some support here, mother very often or a strong female figure in the family if mother is not appropriate, also it can be a stable development, a stable relationship, etc. Finally, in general spreads like the GT, it will all depend on the surrounding cards but from my experience it is a very rare thing for a card to show only one meaning in a GT. Usually in all directions the card will paly at least three meanings when these are available. And, naturally, when money is concerned the Bear is a very good sign, even of an unexpected gift.

With supporting cards, bear is a very dangerous animal when angry. The negative side of the card has shown extremely rarely for me though, usually the Whip brings out the Bear's anger. ;)

214red

I agree with all of this, also want to say that a bear if it has a mission will follow it through, will crash through obsticles etc, and if it gets blocked god help the people near them, they will be 'like a bear with a sore head' lol. One of my worst combos would be Bear+mountain

LunarLioness

This is great - thanks to both of you!

I'm really enjoying discussing different cards - I'm building up a much better picture of each card and seeing some in a whole new light! :)

214red

it helps i think, i got stuck before i found the beautiful people here!