Crystals and Chakras Help

Padma

I pretty much just let the stones do the talking ;) the tend to tell me where they are needed, and what they want to help me do. :heart:

The other thing I do is read through a ton, sift, then take what works for me because I have experienced it, and kind of create my own little mind map about it, using those facts that resonate for me through use and experience!

PS my findings have confirmed colour use in regard to chakras, with one noticeable exception - dark purple amethyst, that gives me feelings of nausea in my stomach rather than enlightenment in the head!

ETA I gave that one away ;)

celticnoodle

Interesting and thank you for your posts Tanga and Redfaery. I honestly didn't know all of that. (or maybe I did and forgot, ;) ).

I pretty much just let the stones do the talking ;) the tend to tell me where they are needed, and what they want to help me do. :heart:

The other thing I do is read through a ton, sift, then take what works for me because I have experienced it, and kind of create my own little mind map about it, using those facts that resonate for me through use and experience!

PS my findings have confirmed colour use in regard to chakras, with one noticeable exception - dark purple amethyst, that gives me feelings of nausea in my stomach rather than enlightenment in the head!

This is what I do too, Padma. :laugh: It works for me! So, if it works--then that's good, eh? However, for me, thankfully, the amethyst makes me feel very much alive and calm at the same time! I absolutely LOVE it and love working with it. I could go on and on about other crystals too, but won't do so or it'll be an never ending post......... :D

linnie

This is what I do too, Padma. :laugh: It works for me! So, if it works--then that's good, eh? However, for me, thankfully, the amethyst makes me feel very much alive and calm at the same time! I absolutely LOVE it and love working with it. I could go on and on about other crystals too, but won't do so or it'll be an never ending post......... :D
Same... and same :D

Same.... even if they don't 'tak' to me, they indicate clearly how they want to be used, or not! :)

Re the amethyst, I wonder if that's because the really dark amethyst, like the really dark smokey quartz, is often irradiated, or at least super-heat-treated, to cheat a bit and get a better price???

linnie

Who know who first coined "Chakra Colours"

I think that it's a great way for a Western mind that is less disciplined in such things (including myself) to think about and focus on. And in so doing - get some kind of decent regular self practice going.

Who doesn't like the colours of the rainbow and all the sweet connotations it brings?

:) :)
Because i live with a less disciplined brain, yes, I can see that it's a great way for western minds to focus... having some sort of association helps to remember what can be used for what, even though heart stones are both green and pink etc
whilst the chakra is illustrated as simply green... but it helps... there are soooooo many crystals out there... :)