SG Crystals, Gems- Amethyst

DarkElectric

Ok everybody!

Here's a rock that I love a lot.

I use it for protection, and to increase Psychic ability. I have a lovely polished Chevron Amethyst which I use in meditation as a third eye stone. Chevron Amethyst is a very deep purple. Mine exhibits rose coloured hues as well. I find it has a calming, and very peaceful energy.I have an amethyst necklace, and whenever I wear it, I feel less succeptable to psychic intrusion. When I use it in meditation, I have more insightful dream experiences. What do you guys get from this beautiful stone?

jade

i've never really liked this stone but my two daughters love it. it seems to be their favorite stones!

so i find that i'm getting more..........warm to it since i have so many of them around for them.

but i still don't get much from them.

jade

catlin

I LOVE amethyst, especially the dark one we call "Black Amethyst" here in Germany (must be your Chevron Amethyst), the darker the better as I say.

I don't use it for protection (I prefer Black turmaline (= Schoerl), Obsidian and Onyx for this purpose.

I use Amethyst for claryfing, focusing, in short, whenever I need an open, unblocked mind.

starfish66

catlin said:
I use Amethyst for clarifying, focusing, in short, whenever I need an open, unblocked mind.

Ditto! That's what I use it for and also when I meditate. I adore amethyst! It's one of my favorites.

:TQP Starfish

Strega

Amethyst is one of my favorite stones!

I wear an amethyst necklace to increase my spiritual and psychic awareness. I also like its calming and soothing influence... very effective in healing too... especially good for headaches (try placing it on your forehead and temples). :)

starfish66

Strega said:
especially good for headaches (try placing it on your forehead and temples). :)

ooohhh! I didn't know that! I suffer from headaches - especially once a month ;) (definitely hormonally brought on) and will try it out! Thanks, Strega :D

:TQP Starfish

Pollux

I am having some propblems with it.

I have a gorgeous "druse", in Italian DRUSA (a sort of geoide, but not really...).
I love it, I picked it myself, it called me.
I feel really bound to it, and I feel her power simply by looking at it. And when I hold it in my palms, I feel much calmer and clear-headed.

Yet, I have used it for sleeping better.
And was NEVER successful.
Whether it be under the pillow, or on my desk (beside the bed).

I decided I would not use it anymore.
I will maybe resort to acuqmarine, moonstone... don't know yet.

I am soo sad for it. The effect was weird: I was deprived of my dreams. I remembered NOTHING AT ALL. I woke up really clear minded, and sometimes so lucid, as soon as I woke up I was so curiously lucid, and felt rested physically as well. But my head was or kept feeling rotten. I felt also dumb. ucid and dumb at the same time, as if a part of my brain was working speedily, and the other was just black-out. I don't know if I can explain better.

Maybe my head is so rotten that not even Amethyst can calm it...

catlin

Hi pollux,

I think the druse was a bit too strong for you. You can still use it for cleansing other stones if it is a druse with a deep opening and not a flat one.

Pollux

Catlin, it has a flat opening.

I never thought it was too strong. At least, I didn't feel that.
Often I used it when reading tarot cards, or used it to cast the circle (north). It really never bothers me... But when I try to use it to sleep. It is odd.
EDITED TO ADD: I don't like uing it as a geodie to cleanse, firstcos it is not a geodie after all, and then because it has more active vibrations, and in truth if I put a stone there it could slip off...

I surely ignore the cause why that happens, so you might be right.

The Amethyst is bigger than my palm (from wrist to first bend of my fingers). A druse, in brief, is the crystal being taken with the self-same "ground" it grew on, the Crystal, its solid layer beneath, and the earth underneath.
Now the earth is slowly crumbling, so soon I'll just have the Crystal - and I am looking forward to that moment. The earth comes off when I cleanse it, or after a long water/salt ans usn/moonlight session - I carry out ONE a month with the Esbat.

Uff... the more I think of it, the more I get even more depressed than I am...

HEre's a link to something that looks like my druse:
http://www.surja.it/?pagina=4&id_prod=594&c=3&sc=1&pagina_i=1
Click on the picture: my druse looks a lot like number 4.

Kiama, Malachite, Sorceress Jade and some other people saw it on my Webcam... :)

pentunen

I have an amethyst pendulum which I like a lot - I'm quite fond of the stone. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work very well for me. *sigh* I plan to put in some more effort to get in tune with it, but if I still don't succeed, I'll hafta try another stone. *sniffle*

- LittleCub