The World as practical advice

.traveller.

"Just get over it" isn't particularily helpful as far as advice goes, especially in regards to breaking a habit. I just don't know where to go with this card.

starrystarrynight

Maybe for practical advice, the World means that since you have achieved the maximum in the situation, you should actively begin to look forward to the next phase or a new beginning of some kind...and not try to hang onto the glory for longer than it was meant to be. (You can bask in the glow for only so long before things get stagnant.)

GenoviaJ

I would see this as a happy ending, completion, you can stop the habit cold turkey. Think of it as completion. Its time has come full circle.

rcb30872

.traveller. said:
"Just get over it" isn't particularily helpful as far as advice goes, especially in regards to breaking a habit. I just don't know where to go with this card.
What sort of habit are you talking about, anyway? Maybe it could be in the context of get ideas on the world wide web on to how to break the habit. I guess in some sense the fact that you have already decided to break the habit, that must be something in itself, am I right? All you need to do is stick to what you have decided, and you can have a brand new beginning, without the habit, might be increased health, more money in your pocket, or whatever the case might be.

Thirteen

.traveller. said:
I don't think it's saying, "Just get over it." I think it's actually saying the opposite--explore it, find out all you can about it, know it inside and out, and MASTER it, rather than letting it master you. That's how you make use of it rather than just breaking it.

Teacups

since I've been exploring my universal marseille, I read your post and turn to page 48 of the book written by Lee Bursten. I don't know if this will help you or not, but see what you think:

The divinitory meaning of the World is The spirit which permeates and connects all living beings. Learning something by direct experience. Feeling connected to others. Seeing other living beings as sacred. Finding permanence in an impermanent world.

That would seem to reinforce what 13 has just said. Instead of attempting to banish a habit--thoroughly understand where it fits in your life, what purpose it has been serving for you, the physical and psychological ramifications of such a habit. Also, realize you are human and others like you also have this habit, they can offer support and empathy and possibly advice for controlling it.

Or not. Just 2 cents borrowed from Lee Burstin! :D

GenoviaJ

Great asphodel

Yep, it could simply mean to :ground yourself- or go out and explore nature or the world. Spend time everyday out in nature- something like that, or a natural cure or herb- something along those lines. The entire universe supports you- could even mean that...

willowfox

It suggests that you heal yourself, that you are now in a great position to overcome your habit if you try but you need to make this happen, to get yourself involved in the affair and sort it out as no one else can help you, it is a personal issue

Sulis

Look at the bigger picture and don't get bogged down by the details....

.traveller.

I think I understand what everyone is saying, and it would explain what the clarifying card was telling me (but didn't want to understand I guess).

thank you.