Discussion: The Moon

Ronia

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in discussing the Moon card in Lenormand? I've seen it often but I've never got any recognition, not to even think of fame past the reading. It seems in my readings it's been pointing more towards emotions, overemotional state even. However, this is more of a Tarot meaning to me. I want to read my Lenormand as a Lenormand and carefully avoid mixing with Tarot.

On the other hand, I constantly forget to read it as timing (a month) and may have very well missed this while it may have pointed precisely that.

So, if anyone is up to discussing how the Moon has played in your everyday life, I think it could be useful. :)

Ashtaroot

Sometime the moon comes up with me as motherly, strong emotions, attraction, romance, I also got it as the womb and the monthly female cycle ..
And one item with the child it came as pregnancy, it was a pregnancy question.

It all depends on your question, the more specific the question, the clearer is the answer. If my question was about timing then I will read it as timing.

lord_ewin

To me the moon means that something is cyclical, which also means that things resurface and reoccure over time. It represents nature's own natural agenda, not the man-made agenda, but mother nature's. Much like the clock is a man-made one, the moon is more the spiritual/natural clock that is in tune with nature instead of the schedule you're bound to.

I've seen the moon appear in health instances where the person is well one day and then the disease reappears, then goes away. Pregnancy is a good one, and revolves around a cycle of it's own. The seasons, the tides...

In a 9X4 the closer the moon the smaller the cycle in my opinion, and the reverse would be true the further away.

Ronia

Yes, you've described most of the meanings I\ve had in my spreads too. It's interesting if anyone has got it as fame/recognition. As I said, I tend to see it more in the Tarot sense which I relate to emotions, even cycles and changing... I wonder if it's the cards picking up my attitude or the card simply straying from the strictly Lenormand meanings. Because, after all, how many of us are really destined to fame? LOL

I also agree it depends on the question but I usually do the Grand Tableau and there all cards relate to each other, not necessarily answering only one question even if such has been asked. I do it, for example, in the beginning of each month and then follow up. Till now the Moon has mostly meant emotions/overemotional state, often accompanying the Mice bringing anxiety/fear/worries together. Same with my nine card spreads which I do weekly.

rosegold

I've never read the Moon as fame, and I'm wondering where this meaning comes from, or how the Moon symbolizes it?

In my readings the Moon usually relates to indecision and confusion, moving back and forth between choices. Or between moods/personality traits. Sometimes the card shows up for me when I, or someone I know, is showing a different side of themselves than usual. For some reason I keep thinking of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, or werewolves. But luckily the changes I see in real life aren't that extreme!

Ashtaroot

rosegold said:
I've never read the Moon as fame, and I'm wondering where this meaning comes from, or how the Moon symbolizes it?

In my readings the Moon usually relates to indecision and confusion, moving back and forth between choices. Or between moods/personality traits. Sometimes the card shows up for me when I, or someone I know, is showing a different side of themselves than usual. For some reason I keep thinking of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, or werewolves. But luckily the changes I see in real life aren't that extreme!
That's more of a tarot meaning to the moon and not Lenormand. The moon in Lenormand is a lot nicer:) and yes it comes as fame sometime and this is an old meaning it has been around since the late 1800, I have a very old tethered deck and in that booklet one of the meanings of the moon is fame and glory.

In the old times the" moon and stars" were used to describe a person that is doing very good and shining in his work or status, now we only use "star" in the western world but the eastern world we can still use "the moon" to describe someone and it is more important than a"star" cause supposedly it's bigger and shines brighter he he

With me when the Moon comes as fame or glory is usually when someone gets commended on a job well done or gets appreciated by more than one person.

There is no deception in the Lenormand's Moon, it is mostly a positive card.

Ashtaroot

The romance part comes from the old times also. Poems about love and romance uses the moon as a muse. Still to this day in lots of languages " you are my moon" is used as an everyday sentence describing affection and beauty. Also It is still used for woowing , in poems and songs.

It is a term of endearment and love well known across Europe and Asia.
Ex
" At my door I see 2 moons..shining upon me
One is too high in the sky and the other in my arms"

"double moon am I seeing or are these your eyes shining so bright.."

" since you went away, our moon is my only solace reminding me of your eternal beauty and the only witness to my pain"

I know it sounds so korny translated to English lol but that's how the moon has been and still is being used. :)

rosegold

Thanks for clearing up some of my confusion! Making the transition from tarot to Lenormand challenges me. If the Fox is more about deception, could Fox+Moon mean deceiving others to get a higher rank or position in society?

Ronia

Yep, the Lenormand Moon is totally positive and fame/recognition is actually the basic meaning I know for it. Stars comes for success but not necessarily publicly acclaimed, while the Moon resembles the 6 of Wands in the Tarot, there is public appreciation in it. Also, the Stars traditionally may mean wishes fulfileld, creativity, but hope too, so not always a result yet. Second meaning of teh Moon I know with Lenormand is the cycle/change where it mixes a bit with Tarot. But, as I said, mostly it's been showing for me as emotional state, I guess my cards are picking my former Tarot experience which I don't like. I need the Lenormand as straight forward as it's supposed to be.

Fox to me is mainly job, very rarely I've seen it as a lie/deceit and usually accompanied by the Snake. I just don't see the Fox as a deceit but it will depend on what meaning you assign on your cards, they will follow. Fox + Moon would be more of a emotional deceit to me, wrong or confused emotions, or wrong cycle continuing. I'd need more cards confirming the desired promotion to read it that way. Like Anchor or even Ship as a movement forwards, or Lily for promotion. Depends on the spread.

rosegold

Wow, that was helpful!

Getting back to the original question (sorry if I led it astray!), the only fame I've ever gotten was to have my name on the "recognition board" at work. (If that's as famous as I ever get, that's okay with me!)