Do Paths also connects Worlds?

treedog

Do Paths also connect Worlds?

I am expecting to be thoroughly corrected here, which a great way to learn.

Now that I can walk around inside the building without bumping into walls too often, despite that fact that I know very little about what's in these rooms (sepheroth), I wonder about the paths in this way...

Can a path (tarot trump) connect across worlds. Can you travel with, say, The Emperor from Atziluth to Yetzirah--kind of a 3D thing? Is this a really dumb question?

I mean, there's a Netzach in each world, and Tzadi in each world. Is there a secret passageway between worlds, using paths (tarot trumps)?

Richard

The attached image is of Wang's 3D model of the ToL. Here is an article about it.

Attachments

• tol.jpg
    tol.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 169

treedog

The attached image is of Wang's 3D model of the ToL.

Oh, everything connected through the central pilar--that makes sense. I'll check out the article. Thanks again.

GnosticTarotCards

I like to use the number of the two sefirot on the tree and the uniting trump to do this kind of work

treedog

The attached image is of Wang's 3D model of the ToL. Here is an article about it.

LR, Very cool. Thanks. I'm intrigued with the idea of a Sepherot alternately being male and female. I didn't exactly see how they could "fire up" independently. It can't be Binah and Chockhah at the same time--or maybe it can.

Seems like something similar to a Mobius strip with 4 half twists would get closer. And how does 10 become 1 again, anyway?

It's all still elusive and heady for me at this moment. But I do want to understand in a deeper way how the paths connect worlds. I guess that's The Work, huh?

Zephyros

LR, Very cool. Thanks. I'm intrigued with the idea of a Sepherot alternately being male and female. I didn't exactly see how they could "fire up" independently. It can't be Binah and Chockhah at the same time--or maybe it can.

It can and is, and trying to wrap your head around that is pretty exciting! Imagine Keter as a Point. Now, since we are talking about very abstract terms, imagine that point as simultaneously all that there is, and Nothing, as a point can do nothing but Be. It simply Is, and nothing more. In that Is, is unlimited potential, but that's all there is at this point.

When the Point, in one sense, recognizes itself, it becomes a Line, two points facing each other. Now, as I said, these terms are quite abstract, so imagine there is nothing in the universe but that line. You can't, since it's an impossibility. In order for a line to go anywhere, it has to go somewhere. Make a fist and punch the air. You are Keter, your arm is the line (The Fool!) and your fist is Chochma. But did your fist simply hit emptiness? No, because it traversed a certain distance, so in this case, everything in the universe is the shell surrounding your fist, and that's Binah.

While the whole Tree occurs at once, the Supernal Triangle especially is formed simultaneously. Each positive (as in outgoing) male energy is instantly balanced by its reversed female negative (not bad, but ingoing) energy.

The ordering of the "fourness" of Chesed is upset by the dynamism of Geburah, and then all abstractions merge to perfection in Tiphareth. After that, sh*t gets real, and while Chesed is an outpouring of goodness and order, Netzach, its lower reflection, can be classified as lessons learned, or as Dion Fortune put it, "an act of Chesed meant to cause suffering." Netzach is primarily good things as a consequence of difficulty, so Hod balances that with difficulty after sweetness (think in terms of the pains of childbirth after a night in the sack). Yesod is a reflection of Tiphareth as kind of an "unmanifested ideal." Things look good on paper, just as Tiphareth is as good as it can get, but when things are finally made manifest in Malkuth... well, here we are, aren't we?

What makes the Tree so fabulously amazing for me is its utter, total, complete logic (probably some one will chirp in and say "but the GD got it all wrong..." but that doesn't matter, the ordering you use). Everything is perfectly balanced and in its proper place, and keeping that in mind helps study of it to no end.

treedog

What makes the Tree so fabulously amazing for me is its utter, total, complete logic... Everything is perfectly balanced and in its proper place, and keeping that in mind helps study of it to no end.

I'm glad you showed up on this one. Every time I hear a slightly different take on the Tree, it sinks in a little deeper. Metaphor helps. So much of this is symbol and archetype, so a fist punching which creates the space into which it travels, gives me something to feed the unconscious. Thank you for that.

Also, since you mentioned Dion Fortune, I've begun The Mystical Qabalah, and I'm struggling with "Force" in the Pillar of Mercy and "Form" in Severity when it comes to Chessed and Geburah. The 4ness of Chessed seems form-like, and the 5ness of Geburah seems expansive and forceful. How can I look at this?

treedog

I like to use the number of the two sefirot on the tree and the uniting trump to do this kind of work

So I just laid out 5 cards, and et viola, three of the cards were a 3 of one suit, a 6 of another, and The Lovers, Atu VI. Geburah in one element, Tipareth in another and a path between. So now I have something on which I can meditate. As usual, they want to teach me something, since I asked for it. I'm not sure how to do this except to look at them, think about them, don't think about them, open, open, open.

Zephyros

I'm struggling with "Force" in the Pillar of Mercy and "Form" in Severity when it comes to Chessed and Geburah. The 4ness of Chessed seems form-like, and the 5ness of Geburah seems expansive and forceful. How can I look at this?

Chesed is the Four, the square, the point where creation takes its form, the four elements. But it is a male kind of form, continuously outpouring all the elements in unlimited amounts, and I don't mean equal quarters. I mean that everything is water, everything is fire, everything is air and everything is earth at the same time. A translation of Chesed would be "loving kindness," since it gives you literally everything, holding nothing back. But still, all you have is inert material, with nothing acting upon it. It is a logical expansion of the "threeness" triangle of Binah,

Geburah is where this is limited, with the introduction of movement and instability. It forces the elements to mix, create new things, to erupt, to flow one into the other. It does give form and restriction, as it limits Chesed's unlimited outpouring, just as Binah receives and acts as a vessel for Chochma's unlimited raw and unformed power. Attributed to Mars, the introduction of a seeming aggressive, male element into the order of Chesed is a female act, as it takes the raw material and does something with it.