BLUE BIRD LENORMAND.....It's Coming!

Le Fanu

Thank you Astrae! That helps a lot. I had a look but didn't scroll down enough. Nice size.

lightpers

Le Fanu, it has the same height size as tag_jorrit deck and about 0,25 cm wider than tag_jorrit's lenormand deck standard

Le Fanu

Le Fanu, it has the same height size as tag_jorrit deck and about 0,25 cm wider than tag_jorrit's lenormand deck standard
Thank you! That's enough to know that it won't fit in the tin I had set aside for it :D

Le Fanu

I received the Blue Bird today. I really rather like it. I suspected I would.

It is totally fake - and with the twee verses too - but I find that's part of its charm. Disparate parts have been assembled - details from paintings, Kaplan's 70s verses, the playing card inserts, the faux 1900 backs - but there is something charmingly harmonious about the whole thing. "We have published these cards in their original full colour". But these cards don't really exist - they were invented circa 2016. Surely the original colour is this first edition?

This is going to be the U.S Games Lenormand. Being a philistine, I much prefer this to the dowdy Blue Owl which I have got rather tired of over the last few decades. The Imagery is big and clear on this one, the card borders are lightly off-white, unlike the LoS Dondorf which, although I love it, has these glaring white borders which spoil it a little.

I do like this deck. It is a lovely size, lovely imagery. I like my Lenormands gentle and soothing and with a mood of 19th Century salon cartomancy. This one fits the bill perfectly. Not too keen on the booklet though, but I don't really need it. Regurgitates all the invented myths about Lenormand that some want to believe. Was tortured and abused for her "budding sorceress abilities", left for Paris penniless and rose to great heights, predicted the death of Louis XVI etc etc, risked her life to save Marie Antoinette etc etc. Big gaff; Marie Antoinette was NOT an Empress (as she is refered to twice here), she was a Queen. The material is taken from that 19th Century account of her life by Girault which is notorious for its embellishments.

But it is a beautiful deck. In my opinion, one of the most beautiful mainstream / mass market / easily available Lenormands.

greatdane

I feel the Blue Bird is more than the sum of it's part

As you said, Le Fanu, and great review btw, that in spite of some things, or maybe because of them, you like it. There are things the Blue Bird has I don't like in other decks (not big on verses or inserts), but they work for me with this deck.

There is just something about the deck that feels cohesive, in spite of some of it's parts, that works. I love the images, just the "vibe" about it.

Your last sentence just kind of summed it up for me :).

Genna

Thank you for the tip of this the most beautiful deck of cards I have ever seen. I adore the wonderful pictures, the "old-fashioned look, the inserted pictures of the people in the deck; real portraits, the lovely verses, and the numbers are there. It will be my first Lenormand. It is in the mail now.

Emily

I knew I shouldn't have been following the threads on the Blue Bird Lenormand - for the first time today I've looked at the images and read some of the verses - totally hooked - just ordered.

The only other Lenormand I have with English verses on is the Blue Owl and I went off that once I realised that the verses distract but the Blue Bird verses are different and I like them. I also like the artwork, the King Charles Cavalier dog - fell in love with that card. Just have to wait for it to arrive. :)

Genna

I got mine a few days ago. I only do two card readings, but it reads clear as a bell. I really do not need another Lenormand deck. I like the significators (and all the pictures), and the verses helps with my reading the cards, and are charming too. I like that dog too, Emily!

Or, does not read like a bell to me YET, because I´m such a newbie, but I have had some lucky guesses wich were very clear. I use a free course on the net for Lenormand cards, until my books arrives, and I will continue too look at his interpretations of cards and two-card conbinations later too. It comes up if you google Lenormand cards.