Lenormand with or without suits

Ruby Jewel

Hi. I'm considering learning the Lenormand oracle, and I want to purchase a deck. I already have the Grand Jeu Lenormand, but cannot find a book in English that teaches it, so I'm looking for a more traditional deck. The first thing I notice is that some have regular playing cards by suit and number on them while others are plain. I'm wondering what the advantage is in buying a deck with the playing card suits. Thanks.

DownUnderNZer

Id recommend the Blue Owl and avoid the verses if possible. There are other sets too that are not so busy.

Some use the playing card inserts whereas some don't.

I'd be concerned if anyone used the verses as some are just "way out there". :D

Hi. I'm considering learning the Lenormand oracle, and I want to purchase a deck. I already have the Grand Jeu Lenormand, but cannot find a book in English that teaches it, so I'm looking for a more traditional deck. The first thing I notice is that some have regular playing cards by suit and number on them while others are plain. I'm wondering what the advantage is in buying a deck with the playing card suits. Thanks.

reall

I recommend you download free guidebook for my Lenormand Oracle
http://fav.me/d9sqzk0 there is a chapter about playing cards insertions meaning so after reading it you may decide do you need that on your cards or not?:)
also this deck n book set are designed as *best starter set for learning divination with cards*!:)) and book should be good for any lenormand you use?:))

feel free to ask anything!^^

all best!^^

Barleywine

I like layers of meaning, so I want to get more comfortable with the playing card inserts. Caitlin Matthews has a lot of material on them in her recent book, The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook, and there is a good "hedgewitchery" site on the subject that someone here kindly pointed me to.

Ruby Jewel

I like layers of meaning, so I want to get more comfortable with the playing card inserts. Caitlin Matthews has a lot of material on them in her recent book, The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook, and there is a good "hedgewitchery" site on the subject that someone here kindly pointed me to.

Thanks Barleywine. I have been looking at the Caitlin Matthews book, and will most likely get it as I feel it will answer the question I have posted here.

Le Fanu

I'd be concerned if anyone used the verses as some are just "way out there". :D
I quite like cards with verses - especially if they're in foreign languages - like German in Gothick script because I don't read German (or French) and for me it is the equivalent of having nothing.

I LOVE the Blue Bird Lenormand as it has invented playing card inserts (Goyas and the like) with verses which, to be honest, I just don't see when I'm reading.

Ruby Jewel

I recommend you download free guidebook for my Lenormand Oracle
http://fav.me/d9sqzk0 there is a chapter about playing cards insertions meaning so after reading it you may decide do you need that on your cards or not?:)
also this deck n book set are designed as *best starter set for learning divination with cards*!:)) and book should be good for any lenormand you use?:))

feel free to ask anything!^^

all best!^^

Thank you very much! This should be of great help.

greatdane

If you read, or are interested in learning to read with playing cards, the playing card suits would be something you would likely want.

I don't read, or want to read, playing cards, so it just takes up room on the card for me, so I prefer without.

To me, it's really about the preference of the reader. Some who don't read playing cards still like the corresponding suits. I just like the image as big as possible without the distraction of them, but again, it's just a preference.

Philistine

If you read, or are interested in learning to read with playing cards, the playing card suits would be something you would likely want.

See, this is what I would have thought when I first looked at Lenormand cards (WARNING: I'm just a lay person on this topic!). I do read playing cards, but the numerology and meanings I have picked up do not match up at all with the Lenormand inserts. I chalked it up to some other traditional playing card meanings from elsewhere in Europe that don't match the hedgewytchery* meanings I use (*which are presumably Celtic, Gaelic, or . . . ?).