Some random lenormand readings

Bonny

Hi there,

I am just looking at some lenormand readings for interpretation.

Welcoming suggestions on interpretation?

B:)

Is that skirt a good length for a work situation?

Ship - man - fox - storks - sun

Ship, man - man or partner comes towards you
Ship, fox - illusion
Ship, storks - journey brings change
Ship, sun - relaxing holiday, summer journey

Man, fox - honest and discreet, smart, sly.
Man, storks - man causes change
Man, sun - man with strong attraction

Fox, storks - changes triggered by intrigue
Fox, sun - imaginary force

Storks, sun - positive change brings energy

Overall, this brings positive change and brings energy triggered by intrigue where a man or partner comes towards me with strong attraction. There is an illusion or imaginary force that is sly at play. This journey brings change caused by the man.

---

Is the length of that skirt approved at work?

Key - ship - fox - child - clouds

Key, ship - life truly begins, successful journey
Key, fox - important task,
Key, child - security through child
Key, clouds - can't avoid something, necessary clarity

Ship, fox - illusion
Ship, child - child leaves home
Ship, clouds - unpleasantness

Fox, child - little White lies
Fox, clouds - falseness

Child, clouds - uncertain new beginning

Overall, these cards speak about successful new beginning in an important task involving children. Not being able to avoid some unpleasantness due to white lies & illusion. A successful journey begins, uncertain new beginning. Overall I think it's saying that skirt is approved in that workplace.

--

Lee

Hi Bonny,

It's been a while since I posted in this forum, but I couldn't resist the interesting challenge posed in your post! :)

Personally, when reading Lenormand I like to try to address the question as plainly and directly as possible. At first glance that seems hard to do with those particular cards, but see what you think of this:

The most difficult card to me was Ship, since nothing about the questions seems to relate to traveling, journeys, trips, or long distances. However, one of the traditional meanings of Ship has to do with commerce, so I've stretched it a little bit here to refer to "the world of commerce," which in the context of these questions perhaps we could take to mean the workplace.

I was also struck by the last card of each line, Clouds and Sun. It seems to me we could say Clouds would be covering up, i.e. longer skirt length, and Sun could be more exposure, i.e. shorter skirt length.

Keeping those points in mind, here is how I see it:

While particular people in the workplace (Ship/Man) may naughtily (Fox) prefer you to be "flexible" (Storks) in your dress code by wearing shorter skirts (Sun, i.e. exposure), it would be a better idea (Key) for you to be clever about navigating the workplace (Ship/Fox) by dressing more innocently/less provocatively (Child) and covering up more (Clouds).

So we seem to be leaning more towards longer skirt length than shorter. :)

To address the questions even more directly, my guess from the way you phrase the questions is that the skirt length is short enough to be at least questionable. If this is the case, I would take the cards to be saying, No, the skirt is not a good length for work, and no, the length of the skirt is not approved at work.

Bonny

Hi Bonny,

It's been a while since I posted in this forum, but I couldn't resist the interesting challenge posed in your post! :)

Personally, when reading Lenormand I like to try to address the question as plainly and directly as possible. At first glance that seems hard to do with those particular cards, but see what you think of this:

The most difficult card to me was Ship, since nothing about the questions seems to relate to traveling, journeys, trips, or long distances. However, one of the traditional meanings of Ship has to do with commerce, so I've stretched it a little bit here to refer to "the world of commerce," which in the context of these questions perhaps we could take to mean the workplace.

I was also struck by the last card of each line, Clouds and Sun. It seems to me we could say Clouds would be covering up, i.e. longer skirt length, and Sun could be more exposure, i.e. shorter skirt length.

Keeping those points in mind, here is how I see it:

While particular people in the workplace (Ship/Man) may naughtily (Fox) prefer you to be "flexible" (Storks) in your dress code by wearing shorter skirts (Sun, i.e. exposure), it would be a better idea (Key) for you to be clever about navigating the workplace (Ship/Fox) by dressing more innocently/less provocatively (Child) and covering up more (Clouds).

So we seem to be leaning more towards longer skirt length than shorter. :)

To address the questions even more directly, my guess from the way you phrase the questions is that the skirt length is short enough to be at least questionable. If this is the case, I would take the cards to be saying, No, the skirt is not a good length for work, and no, the length of the skirt is not approved at work.

Thanks Lee!

It's intersting to see which cards you drew your critical info from. I agree it's hard to deduce from this collection of cards. Ive checked with union leaders and they say it is perfectly fine. The person that said it was questionable was an older woman, a friend I work with....

So the ship , sun and clouds are interesting to see in the ways you have drawn on them. I'm not sure I agree but it is really cool to see your reference to covering up and exposure. The world of commerce for ship? Very interesting! Great to hear these further descriptions of the cards.

Thank you Lee!!!!!

Lee

Thanks for the kind words Bonny! I've been thinking about this thread. I would be interested in seeing ideas from other readers. (Really more as an interpretational challenge, rather than addressing Bonny's specific circumstances.) How would others interpret these particular cards in light of Bonny's question?

I'm happy with my interpretation of Clouds and Sun as covering-up and exposure, but I'm not happy with my interpretation of Ship. I think the "commerce" meaning of Ship from a traditional perspective would indicate buying/selling in a business context, but my interpretation as "workplace" is I think too much of a stretch.

Other standard meanings for Ship -- travel, distance, change, vehicle -- don't seem to fit the question. Is it possible that in Lenormand, some cards just won't fit some questions? Or is there a reasonable interpretation for every spread/question?