Reading the Lenormand with the OOTK Method

DownUnderNZer

Soul Cards have been used on problematic teens as well and have proven to be very therapeutic and effective.

They are not all about being "Spiritual".

uraszz

Soul Cards have been used on problematic teens as well and have proven to be very therapeutic and effective.

They are not all about being "Spiritual".

I am not demoralizing the Soul Cards in any way I'm just simply stating that they are not for my sister and her understanding

As you said they are very therapeutic and that's something very personal and "spiritual". I wanted my sister to have a deck that she could read everyday things as well as spiritual and mental topics with. The Tarot is not to her taste so I thought the Lenormand would be a better fit and I also wanted to give her a gift that was from my heart that she could keep for years to come (I'm really surprised by how sturdy the cards became after the lamination, you can't even riffle shuffle them! lol) so Lenormand was something I could work with

-uraszz

uraszz

Okay taking the OOTK from the start now

-You shuffle your cards until you feel they are right

-You spread them face up so you can see all the cards

-If you are male you look for the Man card and if you are female then you look for the Woman card (or any gender you identify yourself with)

-Once you find your significator if it is Man you take it out with the next card on it's right, if it's Woman you take it out with the card on it's left

-You read the cards as pairs according to your question. So they're like "what surrounds you" according to your question or you can just read generally

-Once you interpret the first pair you put them back exactly as you found them, the order of the cards are everything

-If your significator is Man then starting from the Man card you count eleven to the right (all aces are counted 11, all court cards are counted 4 and all the other cards are counted in their own value so 8 of clubs would be counted eight) if it's Woman you count eleven to the left

-You pair the card you land on according to the significator so if it's Man you pair it with the card on the right of the card you land on and if it's woman you pair the card you land on with the one on it's left

-You repeat this process until you land on any pairing that you've already done. This is the indicator that this operation is over

-Then you start pairing the cards on either side of the deck all the way to the middle

-You can specifically ask questions before counting and use the pairings you land on as answers or you can just get a general feeling of the cards and intuit your way through the reading, whatever suits your reading method

I do understand if this is not a reading method you'd enjoy using as all of us are different readers and we all use what works for us. This method has worked marvels for my sister and it is a method I use in Tarot quite often although the system is a bit different there

Sincerely

-uraszz

So, there are different areas like "Work/Relationship/Money/Travel/Health" and you are saying for each card that represents that "area" you are going to count in either a LEFT or RIGHT direction, but only if it has an INSET like the Ace of Spades and 6 of Hearts on the card etc.

In addition, when you get to where ever it STOPS, you will then look at the TWO cards located there side by side.

Does that sound about right?

Let's say the MAN is on the HOUSE of TOWER and if we go 11 to the RIGHT we should be looking at positions "29", "30", and 31 which fall beneath the TOWER (19). With "29" being the 11th count.

So, which TWO cards would be read?.

Let's say ANCHOR is on 29, WOMAN on 30, and HOUSE on 31.

But then when it comes time to look at the WOMAN and count her 11 to the LEFT it will go right back to the position of the TOWER and the MAN card.

I kind of find it "limiting" and am not sure where it really would go if only read that way.

DND :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Madame Squee

Hi uraszz, :)

I tried your OOTK this morning.

I laid them out in four rows of 9 each.

-If you are male you look for the Man card and if you are female then you look for the Woman card (or any gender you identify yourself with)

-Once you find your significator if it is Man you take it out with the next card on it's right, if it's Woman you take it out with the card on it's left

-You read the cards as pairs according to your question. So they're like "what surrounds you" according to your question or you can just read generally

-Once you interpret the first pair you put them back exactly as you found them, the order of the cards are everything

The reading was for a man, so I started with the Man, which appeared in the middle of the first row.

-If your significator is Man then starting from the Man card you count eleven to the right (all aces are counted 11, all court cards are counted 4 and all the other cards are counted in their own value so 8 of clubs would be counted eight) if it's Woman you count eleven to the left

The card to the right of the Man was the Garden, so I looked at those two. Then, starting with the Garden as number one, I counted 11 to the right until I landed on the the Woman.

-You pair the card you land on according to the significator so if it's Man you pair it with the card on the right of the card you land on and if it's woman you pair the card you land on with the one on it's left

-You repeat this process until you land on any pairing that you've already done. This is the indicator that this operation is over

I looked at the Woman (Ace of Spades) and the card on its right -- the Tower. Then, starting with the Tower as number one, I counted 11 again, moving to the right until I landed on the Fish (King of Diamonds), which was the last card of row 3. I looked at the Fish and the card to the right of it, which was the first card of the last row -- the Letter.

Then, I started with the Letter as number 1 and counted 4. I landed on the Ship (10 of Spades) and paired it with the card to its right -- the Heart.

Finally, I started with the Heart as number one and counted 10, which brought me back up to the top row, and I landed on the Man, which paired with the Garden again on its right -- the original pair.

I do find your OOTK method interesting. The pairs that turned up made sense in the context of the reading. The first three pairs confirmed the circumstances surrounding the matter, and the last pair revealed fresh information that had not yet been considered by the gentlemen for whom I was reading.

-Then you start pairing the cards on either side of the deck all the way to the middle

So, the reader would look at card number one and pair it up with card number 36, and then pair up numbers 2 and 35, numbers 3 and 34, etc.? If that's the case, I really picked up on some interesting observations.

-You can specifically ask questions before counting and use the pairings you land on as answers or you can just get a general feeling of the cards and intuit your way through the reading, whatever suits your reading method

During the past six months I've been studying "The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook" by Caitlin Matthews, carefully following her directions and immersing myself in Lenormand practice. That has helped my readings more than anything else I've tried over the many years that I've been collecting and dabbling in Lenormand cards.

Having said that, I enjoyed your OOTK method quite a bit, and I will continue to experiment with it, but I'm going to wait until I know whether or not I'm counting correctly before I delve into it further.

Finally, I'm going to borrow an unlovely saying from one of my uncles: "There's more than one way to skin a cat." :bugeyed::joke: So, the way I figure it, if your OOTK method works, why not use it? But that's just my humble opinion.

Thank you very much for sharing your reading method!

Sincerely,

Squee

DownUnderNZer

Now I get it...for your sister if it is a system in Tarot that works because her way of learning is different then it probably is the way to go.

I never learnt the GT from books or the internet except what was passed over for the 8 x 4 to try from a woman on a different website.

When I get home tonight I will do one GT and apply your system and the system I know to make a comparison.

I will come back with a break down of it based on what you have written about how to do it.

As I understand it - it is only the MAN that is counted to the right and every other card to the left.

Or with the MAN is it every card to the right when it starts with him?

What if a sitter only wanta to know career and money?

I do understand if this is not a reading method you'd enjoy using as all of us are different readers and we all use what works for us. This method has worked marvels for my sister and it is a method I use in Tarot quite often although the system is a bit different there

Sincerely

-uraszz

uraszz

Hi uraszz, :)

I tried your OOTK this morning.

I laid them out in four rows of 9 each.

The reading was for a man, so I started with the Man, which appeared in the middle of the first row.

The card to the right of the Man was the Garden, so I looked at those two. Then, starting with the Garden as number one, I counted 11 to the right until I landed on the the Woman.

I looked at the Woman (Ace of Spades) and the card on its right -- the Tower. Then, starting with the Tower as number one, I counted 11 again, moving to the right until I landed on the Fish (King of Diamonds), which was the last card of row 3. I looked at the Fish and the card to the right of it, which was the first card of the last row -- the Letter.

Then, I started with the Letter as number 1 and counted 4. I landed on the Ship (10 of Spades) and paired it with the card to its right -- the Heart.

Finally, I started with the Heart as number one and counted 10, which brought me back up to the top row, and I landed on the Man, which paired with the Garden again on its right -- the original pair.

I do find your OOTK method interesting. The pairs that turned up made sense in the context of the reading. The first three pairs confirmed the circumstances surrounding the matter, and the last pair revealed fresh information that had not yet been considered by the gentlemen for whom I was reading.

So, the reader would look at card number one and pair it up with card number 36, and then pair up numbers 2 and 35, numbers 3 and 34, etc.? If that's the case, I really picked up on some interesting observations.

During the past six months I've been studying "The Complete Lenormand Oracle Handbook" by Caitlin Matthews, carefully following her directions and immersing myself in Lenormand practice. That has helped my readings more than anything else I've tried over the many years that I've been collecting and dabbling in Lenormand cards.

Having said that, I enjoyed your OOTK method quite a bit, and I will continue to experiment with it, but I'm going to wait until I know whether or not I'm counting correctly before I delve into it further.

Finally, I'm going to borrow an unlovely saying from one of my uncles: "There's more than one way to skin a cat." :bugeyed::joke: So, the way I figure it, if your OOTK method works, why not use it? But that's just my humble opinion.

Thank you very much for sharing your reading method!

Sincerely,

Squee

I'm very sorry because I think I haven't been clear on how to spread your cards. You don't lay them out like you do with a GT you fan them out face up like in this image

images%204_zpsalce1efg.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

And then you do the counting being very careful to place the pair of cards you read exactly where you found them

So that's why DownUnderNZer has been talking about a card being in a specific house! No no that's GT, OOTK is a different method lol

Oh and when you're counting you start counting with the card you landed on not the one you paired it with

I hope I've clarified this up

-uraszz

uraszz

Now I get it...for your sister if it is a system in Tarot that works because her way of learning is different then it probably is the way to go.

I never learnt the GT from books or the internet except what was passed over for the 8 x 4 to try from a woman on a different website.

When I get home tonight I will do one GT and apply your system and the system I know to make a comparison.

I will come back with a break down of it based on what you have written about how to do it.

As I understand it - it is only the MAN that is counted to the right and every other card to the left.

Or with the MAN is it every card to the right when it starts with him?

What if a sitter only wanta to know career and money?

Now just reading Madame Squee's post I've seen that I have not been very picture perfect clear on my 'how-to-OOTK' explanation

You don't lay out the cards GT style but you fan them out face up and do your counting like that. If it's for a Man you're reading you count all the cards to the right if it's a woman you're reading for then you count all the cards to the left

When asked about a specific question like business or love then your first pairing (the one with the significator and the card to it's either right or left) is more like what aspect of the question is the querent wanting to truly focus on or the main situation that's surrounding him/her about their question. You can go many different ways with this and with every successive pairing you weave the story more intricately chapter by chapter

-uraszz

DownUnderNZer

1) Just because your using 36 cards does not mean it is a GT and especially in one straight line.

2) Simpler ways can be used to get answers as well like a row of 5/7 or a box of 9.

It is like you are adapting the Lenormand to Tarot and also at the same time changing the meanings to suit your sister.

That then becomes just another Oracle really.

Now just reading Madame Squee's post I've seen that I have not been very picture perfect clear on my 'how-to-OOTK' explanation

You don't lay out the cards GT style but you fan them out face up and do your counting like that. If it's for a Man you're reading you count all the cards to the right if it's a woman you're reading for then you count all the cards to the left

When asked about a specific question like business or love then your first pairing (the one with the significator and the card to it's either right or left) is more like what aspect of the question is the querent wanting to truly focus on or the main situation that's surrounding him/her about their question. You can go many different ways with this and with every successive pairing you weave the story more intricately chapter by chapter

-uraszz

uraszz

1) That's exactly what I've been trying to say since yesterday; This is not a Grand Tableau! This method of reading any Cartomantic deck is a system of it's own

2) Any method can be used, simple or complex, to get answers be it the GT, 5/7 as you said or the OOTK or even a 5 card spread

How am I adapting Lenormand to Tarot and how am I changing meaning? I couldn't quite understand that part

-uraszz

1) Just because your using 36 cards does not mean it is a GT and especially in one straight line.

2) Simpler ways can be used to get answers as well like a row of 5/7 or a box of 9.

It is like you are adapting the Lenormand to Tarot and also at the same time changing the meanings to suit your sister.

That then becomes just another Oracle really.

DownUnderNZer

Test:

Using my Lenormand App on my phone.

Will only do MAN and 3 count lots to the right each time with 3 questions - one for each stop. Not a real person - example only.

1) How likely will I get the job I applied for at ABG?

2) What do I need to know about the situation?

3) When will I hear something - if at all?

1) 35/22. 2) 27/6. 3) 21/7.

1) It comes down to more than one applicant - so you may be in the running, but the job could go to anyone.

2) You might get via an email, sms, online, or letter something about AGB - that it might not be a good company to work for at all. Not good whatever it is and may cause doubts.

3) There may be a long delay and AGB not being so forth coming. In fact, you might not hear anything back at all.

MY VERDICT: Fun, but rather finicky and too much work to do. Also, it will come down to the reader and how s/he works with the Lenomand. If the reader does not know how to apply the cards to a question - then it will not work.

Goes for all methods though not just your linear. This linear method may improve on those skills or provide practise.

Some have a hard time adapting cards to a specific question and get thrown off when they see cards like, for example, "Heart". What should be a work answer becomes a romance one instead.

Comes down to getting use to the count and a true understanding of working the cards in with the questions asked at each point.